Hunger

Shortstories - Vampires

To Jimin, not much could beat the thrill of being on stage. The lights, the energy. The fans screaming and chanting. There wasn’t much on this planet that could even rival that high you feel, knowing a stadium full with thousands of people adored you and consider you one of the greatest people alive.
It was a bit tiring, of course, to preform for an hour with the choreo BTS have, but they got breaks. Time to interact with fans, or just run around and joke with each other while they sang. It really was the best feeling you can imagine.

Or at least almost.

There might be one feeling that rivals, and may be even better.

And that’s feeding. Fresh feeding that is, not just sipping some cold blood out of a bottle. Not that it was horrible, but the warmth of a fresh feed was completely different from a glass. The warmth, the taste... in many ways, it was similar to that of being on stage and basking in the light.

All of BTS knew it. They were after all, the same. Vampires, each and every one of them. Usually, before a show, they would all get a fresh feed, so that they could preform their best.
They wouldn’t kill anyone, just people who knew who they were and let them feed enough to stay calm.

So that they wouldn’t get hungry on stage.
So that what was about to happen wouldn’t happen.

You see, Jimin had been late to prep for the concert this day. He didn’t have time to get his fresh feeding in before the stage, and with adrenaline pumping in your veins from all the attention, it gets harder to stay in control.

They had just finished preforming Dope, full choreo, when they broke off from each other to wander around the stage. They were singing Butterfly now, and suddenly. He could smell it. He scanned the crowed to see where it came from, and there, not too far from stage, a girl.
A nosebleed. That warm blood running down her lip before she even noticed it and grabbed at her nose to stop it.

Jimin felt his heart start to pound hard in his chest, his eyes flaring to red. It smelled like cinnamon. And sweet. He slightly bit on his lip before running his tongue over. It wasn’t too far away. If he wanted, he could leap out into the crowd, no one would be scared, and give those fan girls the time of their lives. He bet no one would even care if he bit her. Be jealous, sure, but no one would really.. realize what he was doing. And he didn’t have to take much.

He could see it. Walking through that crowd and having the girls scream with excitement while he smiled at them, going straight to that bleeding girl.. Wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close, putting his hand against the back of her head as he bit down as gentle as possible, everyone around thinking its just fan service and that he pretended to kiss her neck, while he down that soft blood for a moment. it dry before pulling away with a playful laugh, pretend it was all a joke and return to the stage to finish the show.

He could almost taste it.


 

«OW!» He yelped out and glared at the person who just smacked his head.
«Tae, what the heck!» Jimin shouted at the younger who was giving him a concerned look before sticking out his tongue at him and ran off.

That little brat! How dare he interrupt Jimins fantasy??
«Get back here!» Jimin started chasing him, tackling Taehyung and jumping onto his back, the two of them laughing as they messed with each other for a while.

And just like that, the thought was gone. The danger had passed.

 

And Jimin hadn’t even realized it. How close he had been to ruining their lives. If he did, he would probably kiss Taehyung with gratitude...or at the very least get him a strawberry cake as thanks.
At least for now... No attacks would happen.

Tae made sure of that.
And forcing Jimin to get some fresh blood while the rap line preformed Cypher 4 didn’t hurt, that’s for sure.