Offer

Past Puzzle - Woohyun

Letting the text message sit, you headed back to your desk and took a seat as the soft yellow light poured over your bandaged hands that rested atop your desk among the books. Picking up your pencil, you tried to write your name but the pain from moving the fresh, exposed skin reminded you of the punishment you had received a little less than an hour ago.

Are you there? - WH

I’m here…

You typed back, almost giving up on homework for the night.

Is everything okay? - WH

Wanting to type the two-letter response, you closed your eyes and your lips once again.

Just fine

You typed back, tears stinging your eyes as you scrolled through the messages that you sent to each other tonight.

The guys are having playing a movie tonight…. I want to invite you to come over to enjoy it with us. - WH

I can’t…

Why can’t you? - WH

I can’t tell you, but please believe me when I say that I can’t…

What can’t you tell me? - WH

I just can’t…

So, you aren’t going to come over tonight? - WH

No… I’m sorry…

Enjoy your evening then - WH

Seeing the conversation end just as quickly as it started, tears filled your eyes as you looked down at your bandaged hands.

“If only you knew, you wouldn’t be texting me” You mumbled to yourself before trying to do what you could on your homework assignments.

Meanwhile, Woohyun sat staring at his phone, thumbing through the short conversation with you as Hoya came up behind him, placing a firm hand on Woohyun’s shoulder.

“Is she coming?” Hoya inquired, letting his eyes wonder over the short messages that were sent back and forth.

“No… she isn’t…” Woohyun sighed as he closed his phone and slid it into his pocket before standing up.

“Why not?” Sungjong questioned while he took his place on the couch.

“Did she give you a reason?” Sunggyu inquired as the rest of the members began to tune into the conversation.

“She just said that she couldn’t” Woohyun stood up and ran his fingers through his hair as he headed into the kitchen to pull out a drink to sip on.

“What kind of a reason is that?”Sungyeol added as he stirred his famous movie mix for the night ahead.

“It was her reason, I guess” Woohyun sipped some water as he leaned back against the counter.

“Do you think that something has gone on with her?” Dongwoo quizzed, his eyes wide as he looked at Woohyun tipping his head to one side.

“She didn’t say but when I asked if she was okay, she said that she was fine” Woohyun replied as Myungsoo rolled his head back and shook his head. “What Myungsoo?”

“When a girl says that she is fine, it obviously means that something is terribly wrong” Myungsoo stated as he took his spot in a large arm chair, with his favorite black fleece blanket laying over him.

“How are you so sure?” Hoya questioned, settling down with his purple pillow on his lap.

“Haven’t you guys paid any attention to the rom com’s that Sungjong makes us watch when his turn to choose the movie rolls around?” Myungsoo scanned the faces of s as they all gave him a blank stare besides Sungjong.

“Did she give you one word replies?” Sungjong inquired as Woohyun nodded his head, placing his water bottle back into the fridge as he grabbed a few filled bowls and passed them out to s.

“Oh no… something really is wrong then” Sungjong flipped back some hair as Woohyun took his seat on the floor, leaning back against the couch.

“What do you think I should do then?” Woohyun opened his mouth and dropped a few piece of Sungyeol’s mix into his mouth.

“Call her, or go over to her place” Sungjong reasoned as he munched on the mix.

“You could just wait for a little bit and see if she replies” Hoya suggested as his eyes were glued to the previews that began to play.

“What if she doesn’t?” Woohyun quizzed as Hoya shrugged his shoulders.

“Then you ask her to come over again.” Dongwoo gave his innocent view as Woohyun nodded, trying to let his mind relax through the movie, however it always turned back to you.

A week passed until you received another message from Woohyun.

Another movie night, I would love it if you could come over, if you don’t come over I will - WH

Looking up from your messages, you peered over from the kitchen table to see your father passed out on the couch, a large alcoholic bottle hanging from his grasp over the edge of the couch. Knowing he was out for the night, you changed into some sweatpants and a long-sleeved shirt, to try and hide your secrets. Settling a ball cap on your head, you pulled the bill further down to try and cover the discoloration around your eyes.