Final

Merry Christmas, My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]FINAL[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A lot of times passed and these days, I sometimes miss you. [/CONTENTID2]

 

 

 

[CONTENTID3]

I looked at those familiar streets and buildings that passed by me as the cab moves on the road. "Hello Seoul, I am back again." 

There doesn't seem to be any drastic changes being made. Everything still looked the same as how it was four years ago. Except that all the trees and plants are covered with a layer of snow because Seoul have already started snowing a week ago. That reminds me of the reason why I am back in South Korea because I promised to celebrate this year's Christmas with my best friend, Jeonghan.

 

♫  1,2,3,4
    The days when I used to be intoxicated with your scent all day
    I remember we chose to break up after promising our futures together
   As I drink this minty coffee that you used to like
   I think of you, rewind
   A lot of time passed and these days
   I sometimes miss you, I wonder why? ♫

 

I don't know why am I feeling this way but strangely, listening to this song makes me feel nostalgic.

"Ajusshi, do you have any idea who is the singer of the song playing on the radio right now?"

"The singer is Bangtan Sonyeondan and the song title is 'Coffee'." 

"Is Bangtan Sonyeondan a stage name? Why does it sound a little weird?" It is indeed very weird for someone's stage name to be called bulletproof scouts boys.

Ajusshi chuckled and sent me an amuse look. "Bangtan Sonyeondan or also known as BTS is name of a 7 member boy group. They are one of the most popular groups right now in South Korea and many other countries. Don't tell me you never heard of them before?" 

I shake my head while flashing him a sheepish smile. 

"My daughter is a fan of them and she always make me listen to their music and they are really good. You should definitely check them out, young lady." 

"Alright, I will do that, ajusshi." 

My thoughts automatically drifted off to a certain person named Park Jimin. Is he doing well now? Did his group succeeded?

There are so many questions in my head right now and I wish I could have all of them answered but how am I supposed to get the answers when Jimin and I had already ended our relationship four years ago?

"Young lady, we have reached your hotel."

The voice of the ajusshi wake me up from my trance. I quickly retrieved my purse from my luggage to pay him for the ride.

"Ajusshi, thank you and have a nice day." 

I straightaway proceed to my hotel room after checking in at the reception counter because I still need to tidy my luggage and take a shower before meeting Jeonghan in another two hours.

We are meeting at the cafe I used to work at when I came here for an exchange program four years ago.

The cafe still looks exactly the same as four years ago except for the staff and manager.

I am thankful that the cafe is almost empty and my favourite seat is not taken by anyone. My phone vibrated and a new message from Jeonghan appeared on the screen which says that he is going to be a little late. 

I read news on my phone to kill time while waiting for Jeonghan. I recalled the ajusshi's words in the morning when I saw Bangtan Sonyeondan's name on one of the entertainment news headline. I searched up their song 'coffee' on the music app and downloaded it. The memories that took place in this cafe automatically flashed by one by one in my mind as I listened to this song.

Year 2012

I took up a part time job at a cafe since I am going to stay for six months. It is a good opportunity for me to practice on my Korean language skills.

Time flies and it's almost the end of my first week in South Korea and my fourth day at work.

"Good afternoon sir, may I take your order please?" 

"Emm... I would like to have six latte and one macchiato, takeaway." The young man lowered his head and answered in a soft voice.

"Sir, the total would be 21,000 won." After he done paying, I asked him to wait at the side for his queue number to be called.

The young man quickly made his way to the counter when I called his queue number.

"Thank you and hope to see you again!" I said the usual greetings while giving him his order.

He slightly bowed to me before running off in a hurry.

 

That young man came to the cafe every afternoon for the rest of the week. I noticed one thing - he will always avert his gaze when I looked at him. It's a little weird though but I decided to shrug it off. But I have to admit he looks cute with that chubby cheeks of his.

I was washing the cups at the sink when a low pitched voice sounded behind me.

"Hi, can you take our order please?" 

I turned around and saw that young man with chubby cheeks with another slightly taller man who have doe eyes and bunny smile.

"Hi, we would like to have six latte and one macchiato please. And we are having them here." 

"Sure. I will bring them to your table in a moment." 

"Thank you. " The one with bunny smile grinned at me before pulling that young man with him to a table with five other boys seated on it.

I approached their table with a tray full of hot beverages and distribute to them one by one. I was preparing to take my leave when one of them speaks up.

"Miss, wait a minute." 

"Is there anything else that you need?" I asked in a polite manner.

"I believe you recognise Jimin right? He comes here to buy coffee every day. Is it okay to ask for your number?"

"Stop it, Hoseok hyung!" Jimin quickly nudged his hyung by the side but the latter put a hand over his mouth.

"If Jiminie has your number, he can call you anytime to ask what drinks do you have for the day before coming he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter