Eternity

Eternity

Yugyeom finished ordering his pizza and sprawled out on the couch, picking up the phone to reread the last text he received. A smile spread across his face as he scanned the words, beginning to reminisce. How long had he and Kunpimook been friends? Most of their lives really. The other man had moved to Korea when they were both barely old enough to enter school. Other kids made fun Kunpimook for being foreign, for struggling with Korean, for being smaller and more feminine, and for his slightly darker skin. Yugyeom, on the other hand, thought he was the cutest person on the planet.

Not that Yugyeom would claim any such thing as 'love at first sight,' but, the moment he saw Kunpimook, he knew he would beat up anyone who hurt him. They had been best friends ever since they first met and he intended to remain as such until death. Lately, though, his feelings had been changing, or maybe they had been this way all along and he was only just now accepting it. Either way, he would never risk losing the other man by pushing his feelings on him.

Before he could muse any further, a knock sounded at the front door. Nervousness clenched his stomach and he bolted to his feet, checking his hair in the hall mirror on his way past. If it were simply the pizza delivery man he would feel foolish, but it was worth it to look his best for Kunpimook.

~~~

Kunpimook took a deep breath, raising his hand to knock lightly on the door. He knew Yugyeom would be fine with him just walking in but a part of him held back, not wanting to take advantage of his kindness. Truth be told, though, he didn't think of the other man as his best friend. The moment Yugyeom pushed down a bully for shoving him in the mud, his heart was marked. Yugyeom was, and he was sure always would be, the love of his life. Even if that was a secret he intended to take to the grave. His friend deserved better than an unpopular foreigner.

The door opened and a slightly pink faced Yugyeom stood in front of him. Without much thought, as though it was second nature to Kunpimook, he flung his arms around the other man's neck happily. After a rather long hug, Yugyeom pulled away and Kunpimook took in his every perfect feature.

"Are you feeling alright?" Pressing the palm of his hand against Yugyeom's cheek, he sighed. "Your skin is warm and you look red."

"I'm fine!" Yugyeom seemed to fumble for an explanation before finally blurting out the first thing that probably came to mind. "I was just thinking about s!"

"Sure." Kunpimook chuckled, knowing Yugyeom just shouted off the wall things when lying. "If you were sick and wanted babied, you could have said so. You didn't have to ask if I wanted to stay the night. I would have came and babied you."

"You're the baby..." He heard Yugyeom mutter as Kunpimook stepped into the apartment.

"I can always leave." He reminded his friend with a small smirk."Then who would take care of you?"

"I'm not sick..." Yugyeom whined and Kunpimook turned, pretending like he was going to leave.

"Well, I guess I won't be needed." He said, walking past Yugyeom to exit the door. A hand caught his and stopped him in his tracks. Heart racing and a blush creeping over his cheeks, he didn't dare turn around.

"Please don't leave me..." Yugyeom's voice sounded strangly vulnerable and it made Kunpimook's heart hammer in his chest. He was only teasing but somehow he had managed to upset the man he loved.

~~~

"Please don't leave me..." Yugyeom whispered, his voice more strained then he had intended. By Instinct, he reached out to stop his friend from leaving. Feeling Kunpimook freeze in his grip, he quickly released him and stepped back. What had he been thinking? Letting out a half laugh as he ran his hand through his hair, he watched the smaller man turn to face him.

"Are you okay?" Kunpimook questioned, moving closer to Yugyeom. He felt like his heart was going to explode from his chest when his friend caressed his cheek.

"Maybe I am sick..." He muttered, closing his eyes. The sound of someone clearing their throat made the two men jump apart as a very embarrassed delivery man stood in the open doorway.

"I could... Um... I could come back..." The man shifted from foot to foot, clutching the box of pizza. "You two look busy..."

"Nonsense." Kunpimook recovered before Yugyeom could and paid for the pizza. Taking a deep breath, Yugyeom closed the door as the pizza man retreated to the elevator. It was hard not see that the delivery guy had been checking his friend out and jealousy was suffocating him.

"Did you think he was cute ?" Yugyeom questioned, trying to sound as nonchalant as possible as he took the pizza box from Kunpimook, their fingertips brushing. Pausing at the contact, he had to take a steadying breath before turning away. Why was he acting this way? For some reason everything just felt different that day. His mind wandered back to the sweet dream he had woken up from that morning. There really wasn't any doubt why things changed for him after seeing through his dream how wonderful it could be to freely and openly love the other man.

~~~

Kunpimook flinched away slightly as Yugyeom turned around. He could still feel the others touch on the backs of his fingers, but more than that, he felt the sting of his words. Why even ask him that? Was he hinting that they spent too much time together? His mind was racing even faster than his heart.

"He isn't really my type..." The smaller man sighed. "Unfortunately, I'm more into big, dumb, idiots..." Picking up a slice of pizza, he bit it aggressively, channeling all of his current frustration into chewing as they stood side-by-side in the kitchen.

"You just described me." Yugyeom chuckled and Kunpimook almost choked on his pizza as he shot his best friend a glare.

"No. You're an ." He muttered, turning away from him. "Now stop teasing me."

"What? But... I... I'm not..." His friend reached out, grabbing his wrist again. Much to Kunpimook's surprise, he found himself being turned to face the other. "What's your issue?"

"Oh, I don't know... Maybe it's because the person that I love just shipped me with the pizza guy..." The words left his mouth before he even realized what he was saying. It felt like his heart stopped as he watched his companion with wide, panicked eyes.

~~~

Yugyeom felt the knot in his stomach at his friend's sudden anger burst inside of him, releasing millions of tiny butterflies. Had Kunpimook really said what he thought he heard? Did he really love him or was he misinterpreting things for his own benefits. The look on the other's face encouraged him to act on his own feelings.

"Kunpimook..." He whispered, pulling his friend in for a soft, sweet kiss. "I love you too." He smiled as he pulled back, watching as a blush creeped over his friend's cheeks.

"Yugyeom..." The smaller man looked up at him, biting his lip. For a moment, he was concerned that he had messed up somehow.

"Y-yeah?" Yugyeom questioned nervously, watching the other male. Swiftly, Kunpimook punched him in the shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner, moron?" Kunpimook rolled his eyes, exasperated.

"You didn't tell me either." Yugyeom laughed, pulling the other into another kiss. "I love you, you brat."

"I love you too." A slow smile spread across Kunpimook's lips. "Even if you are a big, dumb, idiot."

"But I'm your big, dumb, idiot." Yugyeom beamed, squishing his love's cheeks. "From now until always."

-The End-