final

christmas eve proposals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

White covers the earth and the chilly breeze makes him shiver in his boots but Yifan works to put up Christmas lights on the trees in front of their house. His mother has been telling him about fixing it but the tall man has pushed it so far back that he almost forgot about it. He's been busy planning out his trip with Yixing, listing down their itinerary for when the younger arrives, his first time in Vancouver. The elder has been in the city for a month already, catching up with his mother, meeting up with old friends and finalizing some deals here and there regarding Yixing's trainings in Vancouver.

Coming from a win in the latest Grand Prix, Yixing didn't want to slack off, especially when he is being coached by Yifan himself. He had wanted to stay in China but the competition in the country is too high and the number of rinks to skate on is too low. That's why the older of the two decided to bring Yixing to Vancouver to train and if he decides to try another place it can be easily managed from there. Which is why the two have been separated for a while, Yixing having to stay in China while he fixes his visa and finishes some promotions and give out the last of interviews before he disappears for training.


It hasn't been easy, especially since Yifan is the type to want to be close all the time but things won't work out the way they want it to and quickly, if they don't part for the time being. Face-timing and a hundred messages are their choice of medicine for the ache the absence of the other has caused, much like other couples who go through long distance relationships, promising each other every time that the days will pass by without them even noticing.

And true enough, that day has come. Yixing's flight will be arriving that afternoon and Yifan still hasn't decorated the house properly. Thank his mother for remembering to order a Christmas tree or else the former figure skater would have forgotten that as well, mind too cluttered with thoughts of Yixing. 


Yifan blows on his bangs when he hauls out the remaining ornaments he still has to put up, the soft strands of platinum blond falling just above his eyes. He focuses on putting the lanterns around the trees, coiling lights around the shrubs before placing the Santa Claus right outside their door, switching it on to test whether it is moving. He nods to himself after doing a final check of his job, making sure all the lights are working before turning them off again and changing his clothes to drive off to the airport.

"Going to pick up Yixing?" His mother asks from the kitchen, the strong aroma of food being cooked flooding from the room where she's working hard on their dinner.

The younger comes in, lured by the smell, to drop a kiss on his mother's cheek. Eyeing the pots and pans when he replies, "Yeah."

"What about the Christmas tree?" She asks, not meeting his eyes as she concentrates on cutting the cookie in front of her.

"It'll have to wait until Yixing arrives," Yifan answers, already smiling at the thought of seeing the younger's face light up when he tells him he can decorate it. "I want him to dress it himself."

"I don't mind," his mother responds, "Yixing has good taste, unlike other people here."

"I am not aware of who you are talking about." The tall male makes a move to leave, ignoring his mother's chuckle from behind, only turning when she bids him good bye with a reminder to drive safe. Yifan's cheeks blush bright red when his mother adds, "I don't want my son-in-law to get injured."

"Mother," the younger can't help the quiver in his voice, "I haven't even asked for his hand."

"You better hurry," his mother teases him, "I read a news somewhere that that skater from Sweden has his eyes on your Yixing."

"He wouldn't dare," the words are heavy and laden with anger but his mother just laughs at him.

"Go and pick him up already. You can think about it later."


Yifan heeds his mother's advise and leaves, groaning every now and then when he remembers the way the Swedish skater, his mother was talking about, looked at Yixing as if he would devour him even when the whole world already knew that Yifan is his boyfriend.

All thoughts disappear, however, when he catches sight of Yixing's black hair, so long it falls to his eyes. The younger, having been busy with finishing up all his tasks before leaving, did not have enough time to go to the salon to get it cut.


Yifan’s feet are faster than his mind as they take him to his beloved, arms scooping the younger up and into his chest, uncaring of the glances thrown at their direction. They hug so tight and Yixing buries his face so deep into Yifan’s neck that his breath fogged up his rimmed spectacles, his view unclear when he opens his eyes.

"I missed you," the elder breathes into Yixing's neck, smiling when he feels the younger shudder. When he lets the smaller man down, he notices tears the other's eyes and he pulls the other in for another hug, his reaction enough to convey more than what his words can.

The ride back to his mother's place is rather quiet, Yixing falling asleep halfway through Yifan's story of meeting his cousin the day before. The elder knows that the other must not have caught a wink during the plane ride, anxious to see the taller male again. And the coach finds it endearing and frightening at the same time. He doesn't want to be apart from Yixing ever again.


(^ν^)

Dinner was supposed to be a small occasion, just the three of them around the table of his mother's dining room. But word got around that Yixing will be there and Yifan’s rel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter