Episode ONE

5 Seconds of Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode One: Cold Spring Day

 

*tok*tok*tok*

 

The sounds of the rain falling were enough to put Naeun’s heart at rest.
 

Today was the first day of school, and Naeun wasn’t looking forward for it. She just got transferred in this little town and the thought of finding new friends was just so hard for her. No, she has zero experiences of making friends, initiating a conversation or simply just smiling to new people. That’s the downside I guess of being a shy and timid girl. She just doesn’t know what to do.

A lot of people greeted her today though, and smiled at her. She badly wants to greet them back but the words won’t even go out of her lips.

Making friends, just how hard is that?

 

*tok*tok*tok*

 

“Should I just go back to Seoul…? Dad won’t let me though.” Naeun helplessly mutter in the wind, staring at the falling raindrops from the sky. She was in the bus stop, waiting for her bus on the way home. However, her thoughts were just running aimlessly around as if it was the hardest problem she will ever have. “Ah… I want to be with my mom… she’s great at taking the sadness away.”

I guess that’s one of the downside of trying to make friends. Naeun was a product of a broken family. She doesn’t know how families work, let alone friendship as well. She was greatly jealous and envious seeing kids her age playing around with their friends. She wants that too.

“Hey, look out!” The sudden scream caught Naeun’s attention. However, it was a little too late. A car drove by and simply splashed mud and water on Naeun’s clothes, making the younger girl colder than before. Naeun, who was still shocked of what happened, glanced at her clothes and pouted.

“I can’t go home looking like a wet chick….” Naeun muttered sadly, her tears threatening to fall. “Never mind… dad wouldn’t even notice…”

The nine year old lass breathed out and looked up in the sky once again; the dark clouds were still pouring rain, but were growing unnoticed for the sun is already setting in the horizon.

Ah I smell so bad now…

That thought made something broke inside her and then tears fell like the raindrops in the sky. Naeun silently sobbed, trying to wipe her tears away which are deemed unhelpful for the tears just continued to flow like a waterfall.

That was also the time when she heard a distant click of a camera that Naeun shot her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter