Strangers

Cat and Candy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The photo-shoot was wrapped successfully.

            Suga gave a satisfied smile. He only had a small part with Hoseok during the shoot but it turned out really good. The rest of it didn’t matter much. The younger boy fit the concept today outstandingly well. Even the others seemed to agree with him on that. He especially adored Jung Hoseok with his hair fluffed up and cute forehead showing. It was the best look in his diary.

            Of course he had to take a picture of him for personal collection. It would be absurd not to. The others knew about his interest in photography. What they didn’t know was his favoritism over the horse boy.

            The boy in question was sitting on the armrest of the couch, presently staring at the screen of his phone.

            ‘Hobi.’

            It was a bit weird to see Hoseok turned around with that kind of expression on his face. The boy was obviously lost in thought. From the way he slipped the phone inside his pocket, Suga guessed it had something to do with it.

            The expression switched to normal in split second.

            ‘Are you done, hyung?’

            He nodded and took a seat on the spot closest to the Gwangju prodigy.

            ‘Are you okay?’

            ‘Yah,’ Hoseok’s smile was big and bright, as if nothing indeed had happened. ‘Can we go home now?’

            Suga decided to play along and looked at Jin and Taehyung that was still in the middle of the shooting.

            ‘I don’t think so. Still have Jimin after them.’

            ‘Ah,’ the other boy sighed and slipped down from the armrest to the tight space between them. Suga frowned and pretended to irritatingly moved away a bit to give the other boy a comfortable gap to sit. Hoseok’s grin was contagious.

            ‘You’re not exactly paper-thin, you know.’

            The brightly smiling boy laughed.

            ‘You won’t have me any other way, right hyung?’

            The Jeolla-do satoori the boy used on him was amusing.

            They sat together like that in silence afterward, only watching Jin and Taehyung finishing before the crew moved to Jimin shoot. Yoongi noticed the other boy’s arm behind him, on the backrest. Thus, he closed his eyes and rested his head on it.

            Hoseok turned, watching the Daegu rapper making himself comfortable against his arm.

            He didn’t really mind. Oh, scratch it. He kind of really liked the feeling of Suga’s weight on his arm.

            Jhope turned back to watch Jimin in action. His make up today was perfect, fitting the concept so well. The boy had grown up really well during this few short years.

            The small sound from his pocket called for his attention. Hoseok fished the phone out and looked at the preview on the welcoming screen.

            Angel.

            He took a deep breath, opening the message.

            His chest tightened at the picture she sent him. It was the first time after few years she started contacting him back. Now, seeing her in this state sent a pang of pain to his chest. It was true that she’d left him for another man, but Hoseok did truly love her when they were still together.

            He should just ignore the message.

            JHope stared at the phone even after deciding, still looking at the picture in the message.

            Another message came in.

            Please, Hobi. I really want to see you.

            The boy inhaled deeply and closed his eyes for a moment.

            ‘Who’s that?’

            The question hit him like a shot gun. Hoseok immediately lowered the phone down and glanced at Suga who was fully awake – looking at him.

            ‘An old friend.’

            Old friend.

           

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter