Warm in Your Pocket

Warm in Your Pocket

            The snow was falling slowly from the clear sky and layered the empty road neatly, even at the spots where his pair of boots once trodden. Dongwan was sitting alone on the cold stony bench on the sidewalk, staring lonely at the white snow, which the pretty whiteness eventually collected in small puffs on his fluffy hair, all the while blowing clouds with every breath he exhaled. It was a fairly cold snowy night, and he was stupid enough to run away in his one layer of sweater.

            “Yah, come inside.”

The deep voice made him jumped out from his skin but his body was too cold to move. Instead, he turned his head to the owner of the voice and pouted. It was Eric, dressed warmly in a handsome pastel brown long winter coat.

            “No thanks. I prefer to sit out here. Alone with the beautiful snow.” He tried to sound convincing.

            “You are cold. Come inside.” Eric repeated his invitation. Dongwan was embarrassed that the sound of his teeth clattering betrayed him.

            “I am fine. Can you be so kind to bring me my coat and phone? I think I put my phone beside the tv.”

            “And let you leave after that? Not a chance. Why are you so stubborn? Just come inside while I’m still asking you kindly.”

            “I DON’T WANT TO. Not until Hyesung says he’s sorry.”

Eric rolled his eyes. “You are really childish. There is no reason to be mad at such petty thing.”

            Dongwan’s pouting become longer. His pout could have collected snow. “Why can’t he let me win this once?! I always let him win, can’t he just let me win that game? I know I’m a bad player so just let me win! Only once! Mean Pilkyo..”

            Eric sighed wearily. Dealing with every member’s tantrum sometimes can be exhausting. “No. You are just a sore loser.”

            “And also reaaally a bad player,” Eric added under his breath.

Dongwan was offended by the comment. He looked away and decided to ignore Eric.

            Suddenly, he heard heavy steps nearing behind him. “Yah! What are you doing?!!”

            Eric flung his long legs across the bench, surrounding shivering Dongwan, his long coat now engulfing the smaller man. The smaller man was embraced between Eric’s long arms and warm chest. Only two heads were sticking out from the winter coat, shorter in the front, made them looked like a baby kangaroo in mama kangaroo’s pocket.

            “Even if you are a stupidly stubborn-, how can I leave you died in the cold? We have a career and a living to protect, pabo.”

            Dongwan struggled to free himself – but only half-heartedly, because honestly Eric’s warm body was really appreciated. He just want to save his pride from going inside the house. He felt Eric tightened his hold around his body so he stopped squirming.

            “We look ridiculous and embarrassing like a bunch of idiots,” red hotness crept on Dongwan’s check as he talked.

            “Just get me my coat and phone so I could go home and save us from this horror,” Dongwan suggested. He currently was sitting quietly and quite comfortably between Eric’s warm thighs and equally warm hug, that he felt regrettable to get out from the cozy box.

            “That’s not an option. Nobody is going home, not before we eat all Andy’s hard-work-hand-made blueberry cheese cake. Or else he never cooked for us ever again.”

            Dongwan groaned. Not because of the blueberry cheese cake – in fact he loves any of Andy’s cooking – but he was grieving at the fact that he will be going back to face the other members who definitely will be laughing at his childishness this time.

            “Are you done sulking yet?” Eric asked. Dongwan was actually impressed by Eric’s patience today, with him particularly.

            Dongwan thought for a second and said, “Just let’s be here for some times more. This is actually comfortable.” Dongwan leaned backward on Eric’s chest.

            Eric chuckled, “Because you are still embarrassed to go inside LOL.”

Eric shoved one of his hand through the front slip of the coat.

            “Yah! What are you doing?!!” Dongwan shouted when he felt Eric’s hand touching all over his body and thighs.

“Be quiet. You screamed a lot today. Give me your hands, pabo.”

            Eric’s bigger hand wrapped around both Dongwan’s smaller hands and Dongwan just realized how cold his fingers were and how gentle Eric’s warm fingers over his. He could not help but caressed the older man’s hand. They stayed like that for a while.

            Then, Eric moved again. He bent down to bury his face on Dongwan’s neck. His warm breath tickled a weird sensation on Dongwan’s neck that it stood up his goosebumps. Dongwan stiffened and his body temperature shot up a few degrees.

Still burying his face, Eric groaned, “Goddd are you done? It’s so cold out here. Let’s go inside now.”

Dongwan protested, “Aaaahh I don’t waaaant~~”

            Eric finally had enough. With Dongwan still trapped inside his coat, he tightly squeezed the smaller man and stood. Dongwan’s short feet were dangling a fair distant above the ground, unfortunately not a match for Eric’s long legs. Paying no attention to Dongwan’s thrashing and protesting, Eric carried the childish member back inside the building, all the while nodding embarrassingly and mouthing ‘Merry Christmas’ to the neighbours they passed by on the way.

 

 

p/s: yeah crappy ending ;p