Perfect Gift

A Perfect Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Perfect Gift

 

Close your eyes

 

Give me your hands, Darling

 

Do you feel my heart beating

 

Do you understand

 

Do you feel the same

 

Or am I only dreaming

 

Is this burning

 

An eternal Flame

 

 

It was the morning before Christmas Eve and, aside from the card, Sooyoung still had no idea what she was going to get her. She had searched in different places around the town, but always came out empty handed. Jessica wasn't due over until later that night, so she still had a chance to find something perfect.

 

"You know…" Hyoyeon said over the phone. "I find it funny that you would go through all of this to find her the right gift, yet you're still scared to tell her how you really feel."

 

"I'm not scared!" Sooyoung said defensively, but Hyoyeon could hear the uncertainty in her best friend’s voice. "I just... never have the chance."

 

After the incident Jessica confession, Sooyoung had been constantly fighting with herself on her feelings towards Jessica. At first, she found herself ignoring any type of feeling she had for the woman and pushed it away. Yet, the more she spent time with her, the harder it became to ignore those feelings. Just recently she had come to a decision on how she felt and talked to Hyoyeon about it. She had been trying to find the time to tell Jessica, but when she had the chance, she'd chicken out and change the subject.

 

"Oh really?" Hyoyeon asked with a hint of amusement in her voice. "So, with all of the time you guys have been spending with each other, you never had a moment to speak with her about this?"

 

"Shut up!" Sooyoung snapped.

 

Hyoyeon giggled.

 

"Hey wait a minute! That's it! That's what you should get her for Christmas!"

 

"What?" Sooyoung asked.

 

"You!" answered Hyoyeon.

 

"Your feelings, this would be the perfect moment to tell her. She'd love it!"

 

"No way! I- I can't do that!"

 

"Sure you can!" Hyoyeon said back. "What would be a better gift to Jessica than her little Sooyoung herself? We could dress you up; place a pretty bow on you. Actually, scratch the dressing up. I think she would like a Sooyoung in a bow much better than—"

 

"I'm hanging up now..." said a very red Sooyoung through the phone.

 

"All right all right…" Hyoyeon said, trying to calm her giggling. "But seriously, you should really tell her tonight. I think that would be a great gift."

 

"Yeah..." she grumbled into the phone.

 

"Anyways, I really should go. Seohyun hungry, I'll talk to you later, okay? Bye!"

 

"Bye." Sooyoung said back, hanging the phone up as she finished. She sighed and leaned back against the counter. Hyoyeon had a point. It would be a great gift, but would she have enough courage to do so?

 

She looked up at the clock, which read 10:00 am. Jessica wasn't due over until five. She looked around her apartment and grumbled. It needed some definite cleaning before she came over.

 

"Might as well do that now." she mumbled, knowing that if she prolonged it any longer it would never get done.

 

She started with her sink full of yesterday’s dishes and cleaning the kitchen, eventually moving to the living room. She folded her clothes, cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed, and anything else she could think of just to kill time. The whole time she was cleaning, she couldn't get Hyoyeon’s idea for a gift out of her head. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. Then again, with all her cleaning, she never really got a chance to go out and look again, so now, this was her only idea. How would she do it though? That wasn't the kind of conversation you just casually bring up. Sooyoung sighed and rubbed her temple. She was never really at this kind of stuff

 

Finally, after the long day of cleaning, she heard the familiar footsteps coming up the hall followed by a knock on the door. She grabbed the card and hid it behind her back, then walked over to open the door.

 

"Hey, Jessica."

 

"Hello, Sooyoung!" she said with a smile a she walked in.

 

Sooyoung had to smile a bit as she closed the door. The soft, sweet sound of Jessica’s voice always seemed to warm her heart.

 

Jessica had placed her bag on Sooyoung's coffee table.

 

"How was your day?" Jessica asked as she took a seat on the couch.

 

"Good." Sooyoung answered, sitting next t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter