In which Jungkook is the new tenant

we're not that bad (that's what they said)

Chapter 1: In which Jungkook is the new tenant

Feeling nervous would be an understatement to Jungkook. The thought of living with six complete strangers was able to make him forget how to deal with introductions and he was now thankful for icebreaker games played during school orientations. Otherwise he'd never be able to strike a conversation with any of his classmates with his lack of social skills.

Jungkook knows he isn't here to bond and become brothers with anyone, this isn't a fraternity, but he still has to communicate with them. With one hand gripping a small post-it note with the address of the share house scribbled on it, and the other fiddling with the strap of his backpack, he took in the sight of the place he would call "home" temporarily.

A white picket fence along the perimeter of the house and a gate that clearly wasn't meant for security purposes. Jungkook is obviously taller than the fence and with his athletic capabilities, he thinks he might be able to jump over it. 

A front yard, neatly mowed with pots of flowers by the side and a footpath leading to the front porch of the two-story share house. Everything looks clean and well-kept so far; considering the fact that there are six guys living under the same roof here.

Alright, this is it. Jungkook shoves the note into his back pocket and picks up his hand-carry luggage from the ground. He enters the new, unknown territory, closing the gate behind him.

Going up the steps of the front porch, he takes a deep breath and puts on the smile that he had practised beforehand. A smile that isn't too broad that it makes people feel uncomfortable, not too half-assed, and not like he doesn't want to be there.

He honestly doesn't.

But the rent's cheap so.

He raises his hand to press the doorbell, the piano doorbell, the piano doorbell with just the white C-D-E keys and two black ones. Though mildly surprised by the strange, but creative doorbell, he proceeds to press the notes in a simple C-D-E order.

Almost immediately, he hears someone shout from behind the door.

"HE'S HERE! POSITIONS EVERYBODY!"

He gulps.

The door swings open and Jungkook is attacked by rose petals. Rose petals were blown and thrown directly into his face, catching him off guard. His perfected smile turns upside down when the strong scent of roses shot up his nostrils. However, Jungkook says nothing as he stares at the two boys in front of him, at the same time suspecting they were going for the 'Ouran High School Host Club' kind of welcoming style. But that was an exaggerated, cheesy stunt in an anime, while reality is...reality.

The man holding the door open gestures at him and says, "Come on in!" He nudges the other man standing beside him, who is holding a mini portable fan and a basket, to make way for the newcomer.

Jungkook steps away from the pile of rose petals at his feet while rubbing his nose and enters the share house.

"Hey man! It's so nice to finally meet you! It is our utmost pleasure to have you live with us, Jeon Jungkook. It is our greatest desire to make your stay as pleasant and exhilarating as possible, as well as creating amazeballz memories that will forever be etched in your brain. Right here in this share house, you will be protected and cared for and loved twenty-four seven." The man finishes and lowers the card he was reading off from. What a speech, Jungkook thinks.

The man then introduces himself, "I'm Kim Seokjin, the son of the landlady and the one in-charge here." He blows him a flying hand-kiss that stuns the younger boy for a few seconds. "Oh. Wow, okay. Thank you, I'll be in your care," Jungkook says, bowing courteously. He is unsure of whether he was expected to return the hand-kiss, but decides not to. It's weird.

Seokjin smiles at him and brushes Jungkook's hair to remove small rose petals that were stuck on his hair. Jungkook doesn't know what to do, doesn't know what to say since never ever has a stranger touched his hair upon their first meeting. He quickly takes off his shoes and places them in the shoe cupboard as told. There were seven shelves in the shoe cupboard, and all of them were occupied with several pairs of shoes except the last shelf, which he assumes is his. Seokjin leads him down the hallway to the living room where the rest of his housemates are situated, in their "positions". 

One of them is standing by the coffee table, a pot of red roses in his hands that he brought up to cover the bottom half of his face. Despite the roses in the way, Jungkook can still see a wide smile plastered on his face. This man is literally radiating sunshine.

"You couldn't tell who was the flower, right? I was!!" The man suddenly lowers the pot and somehow manages to increase the brightness of his smile and face. Before Jungkook can respond, he shouts "I'm your hope, I'm your angel! I'm J-Hope!" He flaps his hands like he's trying to fly with his knees bent outwards and Jungkook thinks he might accidentally drop the pot. 

"J-Hope's my stage name, if you're wondering hahaha. The real name's Jung Hoseok!"

Jungkook bows courteously again and shakes Hoseok's extended hand. He then turns to the boy sitting on the couch. He waves at Jungkook when they make eye contact and smiles. "Hello, I'm Park Jimin. I hope we get along well, Jungkook-ah!" He jumps off the couch and walks up to him for a high-five.

When Jimin stood in front of Jungkook, he had to raise his head a little more and Jungkook notes how cute he is, as well as the machine guns he has for arms. Jimin obviously works out and seemed manly, but he was also smaller than him and friendly and Jungkook thinks he's the type who tries to be cool but looks cute trying. He high-fives him.

"Ahem." 

The boy who was also at the door to receive Jungkook let out a cough to get his attention. He has his elbow propped up on the windowsill and his other hand placed at his nose, fingers forming an L-shape along his nose bridge. Leaning at an awkward angle, gazing out the window so dramatically, Jungkook waits to see how much this boy has prepared because when did he even get there? He didn't notice him rushing off while Seokjin was talking to him. The mini portable fan was also positioned to give his hair the 'blowing wind' effect.

The boy slowly turns to look at Jungkook. He cracks a smile that would make girls swoon (not Jungkook though) and lets out a soft chuckle.

Oh god, what is he up to?

"Hey."

...

"We come in pieces."

...

What the ?

Jungkook's smile fades as his eyebrows are brought closer in confusion. Before he can open his mouth to finally say something and let them hear his voice for the first time, he hears someone stomping down the stairs.

"'We come in peace', Taehyung, in peace!! It's not pieces, oh my ing god," the man coming down the stairs shouts. "Anyway, the toilet door's lock is broken again! Before any of you scolds me, I swear I didn't break it. It was an accident and I- "

The man halts when he reaches the first floor and sees an unfamiliar person among his housemates. He automatically knows it's the new boy in the house and to welcome him, he spreads his arms open as if inviting him for a hugeass hug.

"Welcome to the hood, boy."

'Boy' is speechless and scans the man from head to toe, eyes lingering at his bottom half. Reason being the man was wearing only a pair of boxers - black boxers with the word 'GEEK' imprinted right across the front in capital letters, 'Imprint MT Shadow' font, bold, and bright red.

The first time all of them hear new tenant Jeon Jungkook's voice is when he finally opens his mouth and says, "Wow, thighs."


A pretty short first chapter, I apologise ^^; I think the chapters will vary in length, depending on the content hurhur, but I'll try to write longer ones :)

Thank you for reading <3