A Stranger

Creatures of the Night || Joon

"Agasi! Agasi!" I heard Yeo-ri calling for me, passing by my hiding place. I smiled to myself as she looked around for me. "Se-ryung agasi!" She called again. I think I should get out I thought to myself, smiling.

"Here I am!" I called, walking out. Yeo-ri turned around and sighed in relief when she saw me. She rushed to my side, "Agasi, why do you always doing that?" She asked, pouting. I giggled, "Sorry for scaring you," I said. 

"We need to go home, your father is waiting," She informed. I sighed but nodded my head before we started walking home. "Agasi, are you okay? You look sad," She stated. 

I smiled a little and then shook my head, "I'm not, it's just ..." I took a deep breath before looking around, watching the people working and walking around while the children playing. 

"Just what?"

I turned back to looked forward, "It's just look at everyone." Yeo-ri looked around, confused, "What about them?"

I sighed, "Look at them; they free to do whatever they want."

"Agasi, they working very hard to support their families, feed their children. They doing as they were told by people like your father. That's what we are ... Slaves."

I stopped and looked at her, frowning. "Yeo-ri, you are not a slave," I said. "You a family." 

She smiled a little before giving a small nod. I smiled before linking my arm with hers, "Let's go before my father will get angry for making him wait." With that we started running back home.

As soon as we reached home, I was greeted by my mother. "Se-ryung! What took you so long?" She scolded. I smiled shyly, "Sorry, eomeoni." Then there was a laugh coming from behind her, we all looked up to see my father walking over to us with a smile on his face.

"She probably was hiding from Yeo-ri again that's why it took to long," He comment and I bit back my smile but it slipped a little. He looked at me, smiling, "I'll like to take with you, come to my room." I nodded and we went inside our house.

Father sat on his bed, his hands on his small table in front of us while I was sitting in front of him with my mother sitting between us at the side. "I want to tell you something imported," My father started. "One of my close friends is coming to visit with his son very soon. We going to discuss marriage between you and his son."

I stared at him with wide eyes, "What?" I asked out loud and my mother hissed at me, "Se-ryung!"

"It's okay, it's natural that she would react that way the first time," My father said to my mother. "But abeoji, I'm only 17 years old," I said. "At your age I was already pregnant with you," My mother said.

"But I'm not you, eomeoni," I pointed out. "I just want to be like every girl in my age." 

"They getting married," She said. "Not all of them," I said. "Let's stop," My father said, making us both look at him. He sighed, "Se-ryung, please consider this. We only want the best thing for you," He said.

I looked down at my hands and nodded. "You can go," He said. I got up and walked out of the room. Yeo-ri was there waiting for me but I walked away. "Agasi!" She called but I ignored her. "Agasi." She rushed up to me. "I want to be alone right now," I replied sadly before walking away from her. 

I couldn't believe this. Me? Getting married? I shook my head. This can't be happening. I can't get marry to someone I didn't even knew. What is happening? Why my father all of a sudden wants me to get marry?

Suddenly, I felt something pulling me back down of my dress. I glanced down behind me to see my dress go stuck in a log. I tried to pull it, frowning before I froze. Log? I looked around and finally noticed I was walked in the woods. 

I groaned, "I was lost in my thoughts again," I mumbled before turning back to the dress. I tried to move it but the log was too big. I groaned again, "Why?" I asked myself.

I suddenly heard branches breaks and I quickly looked up. I looked around with my eyes, "Hello? Who's there?" I called. 

"Are you okay?"

I quickly looked to my left and froze when I saw a handsome man looking at me. "W-What?" I asked. 

"Are you okay?" He repeated. I blinked a few times before giving a small nod, "Yes." he nodded before walking up to me. "What are you doing here?" He asked. I bit my lower lip, "I ... I was," I stuttered.

He chuckled and I looked down as my cheeks burned up. "Do you need help?" He asked and I looked up at him. "What?" I asked. "Help. With the log," He said, pointing to the log. 

"O-oh. Yes," I said. He nodded before pulling easily my stuck dress from the log. I gave a small bow, "Thank you," I said. He gave a small smile and a nod. "Now, can you tell me what are you doing here?" He asked.

I looked down at my hands before back at him shyly, "I got ... Lost," I admitted. "In my thoughts so I didn't noticed where I was going."

He nodded again before looking around as he heard something. He quickly looked back at me and smiled a little, "Would you like me to take you home?" He asked. 

I hesitated. He was a stranger. A handsome one but still a stranger. I didn't knew him. He smiled, "I'll take you back to town, that's all," He said, noticing my hesitation. I gave a small nod and smiled a little. 

"I'm Joon," He introduced himself. 

"I'm Se-ryung."