Santa Tell Me (1/1)

Santa Tell Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]"I don't want a broken heart."[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

 

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. The city is filled with lights of different colors, filling the night scenery with a beauty similar to magic. Christmas carols echo through the busy streets, mingling with the jingle of bells adorning the huge, vibrant Christmas tree where lovers gather. The area is packed, those of different ages and genders wander around, picking out presents for their loved ones. When the clock strikes midnight, Jeonghan’s tears overflow. The beautiful male stands in front of a brightly lit carousel, hands stuffed in his fleece pockets and he conceals his crying face behind a velvet scarf. Snow falls fleetingly, skimming just above his shoulders and then melts away. Jeonghan shuts out the world with earbuds, playing the same song over and over again. He couldn’t find the strength to move from that place. With closed lids and tears trickling down, he concentrates to the nostalgic melody and lyrics which makes him sink in too deep. Suddenly his hands clench to a fist, and his brows furrow in anger. Why the hell did he buy a ring as a present when he always gets dumped before christmas?

 

Jeonghan yanks the small casket from the pink shopping bag at his feet and without thinking, he tosses it in a distance. He regrets it the next second when it lands right in some stranger’s lap. Jeonghan’s eyes enlarge and his mouth drops. The stranger picks up the casket, looks at it, and then he starts walking over. Jeonghan panics, he spins around and tries to walk away but his wrist is seized quickly. When the beautiful male turns back, his gaze connects with the tall, built, and very handsome stranger.

 

“I think you forgot something.” The foreign man simply states, handing over the item. Jeonghan sighs and he stares at his feet, not uttering a word. He didn’t want the ring back.

 

“Were you crying?” The stranger probes, slightly crouching down to look up at him from below.

 

“N-No.” Jeonghan stammers, taking a step back and once again, hiding behind his scarf.

 

“Kim Mingyu.” He says.

 

“What?” Jeonghan questions, staring at the man in disbelief.

 

Mingyu chuckles lightly, rosy lips spreading to reveal sharp canines. “Usually, shouldn’t you at least ask for the name of the man you’re proposing to first before throwing a ring at him?” He smugs.

 

Jeonghan’s mouth drops again, he could not believe the nerve. “You’re so funny.” The long haired beauty remarks, “You can keep the stupid ring though, bye.” And he attempts on leaving again but Mingyu stops him.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

The long haired beauty frowns, and he hesitates for a few minutes but he ends up replying.

 

“Jeonghan, why?”

 

In return, Mingyu sighs, “I was watching you for awhile.” He admits, “I gotta say, you’re beautiful. If you don’t mind, I wanna treat you to coffee.”

 

Jeonghan wonders why he’s always weak in the knees to sudden confessions. He’s just so, so, so weak. Love doesn’t last, he’s starting to believe it yet he can’t help but expect. Jeonghan just wants to believe that maybe out of a million, there’s one good one. That’s why after a few more minutes of contemplating, he agrees even though he could tell right away, Mingyu just wanted company.

 

Inside a cozy cafe, Jeonghan sat across from Mingyu, sipping a warm cup of white chocolate mocha. On the other hand, Mingyu was busy taking small mouthfuls of his americano. Soft music plays here too, the same repetitive holiday songs that is heard every year. Not much is shared between the two, just small glances from time to time. After watching Mingyu stare for too long, Jeonghan finally interjects, “Why do you keep looking at me--” The long haired beauty sighs as soon as Mingyu starts laughing. “Nothing.” The taller replies from behind his steaming drink. But soon, they start conversing little by little and Jeonghan realizes that he’s getting way too comfortable when he tells the story of how he got dumped earlier today. Oddly, Mingyu listens attentively, almost without blinking. The beautiful male is shocked at even himself, maybe he just talks too much but he ends up adding in every small detail to a point where he even named several guys which Mingyu actually knew. Turns out Mingyu was only two years younger and in fact, they both attended the same University, what kind of ridiculous fate.

 

“No freaking way.” Jeonghan remarks, gaping at Mingyu who returns an endearing breathy laugh.

 

“Yeah,” Mingyu says, inhaling and exhaling to calm himself down. “No wonder I thought you looked familiar.”

 

Jeonghan blinks once, twice, and a third time in order to organize his thoughts properly. “That’s so weird.”

 

“What’s weird is you crying over worthless guys.” Mingyu teases, causing Jeonghan to throw a piece of napkin at him.

 

Time is ticking, slowly and gradually. After their cups are drained empty, they both somehow realize they have to part ways now. As crazy as it may sound, Jeonghan didn’t want the night to end and he wondered if the same went for Mingyu, probably not. It’s still undoubtedly freezing outside, with the endless falling snow and all, furthermore, there wasn’t a single soul around. It’s not surprising though, it’s already half past three in the morning. What’s surprising is that Mingyu removes his own coat and covers Jeonghan with it. The beautiful male immediately tenses, feeling the sensation of warmth and also taking in the scent of Mingyu’s cologne. The coat almost reaches his calves due to Mingyu being much taller and it fits him loosely because of Mingyu’s larger body. Jeonghan finds himself locking gazes with Mingyu, his heartbeat falls behind.

 

“You’re shivering.” Mingyu says softly, “Wear it properly.” The taller man laughs and he scoots closer, adjusting the coat and fitting Jeonghan’s arms through the sleeves. For just a second, their fingers brush and even though it’s such a faint contact, Jeonghan becomes flustered. On the way down a path of dazzling red and green lights, they pass by a chapel where the sound of chime bells ring, catching the beautiful male’s attention. Jeonghan stares off into a distance.

 

“Hey, let’s go inside.” Jeonghan urges, reaching towards Mingyu’s wrist and pulling him lightly.

 

“Why?” Mingyu asks, nonetheless, following behind diligently.

 

“Because it’s always really pretty inside, I come every Christmas. You’ll see.”

 

Jeonghan swings open the heavy portal, treading lightly and peeking inside, as expected, there is no one here. The beautiful male takes careful steps down the narrow nave, passing by beige pews with Mingyu by his side. Candles light up the room, adorned by bright red poinsettias and pure white tulips. Beside the pulpit, a stunning white Christmas tree was placed, decorated with sparkling golden ornaments. Jeonghan skips forward, all smiles, and he stands in front of it, admiring the beauty that resembles home. Mingyu takes a seat, and as he watches Jeonghan jump around in joy, inspecting one thing to the next, he finds himself smiling.

 

“The truth is…” Jeonghan mutters suddenly, spinning around to meet with Mingyu’s eyes. Behind the beautiful male is a sculpture of white wings, spreading from his back, making him look even more ethereal than he seemed.

 

“I come to this chapel often.” Jeonghan begins, “My parents both work abroad so they’re too busy on Christmas. Usually, I just stay in my dorm during the holidays when everyone has gone home to their families. That’s why I visit this place on Christmas day because it’s always filled with people who welcome me warmly. It truly feels like home here on Christmas.”

 

Mingyu’s chest tightens painfully, to a point where he almost cannot breathe. How can someone who so much resembled an angel be so broken? In this moment, it seemed as if those wings behind Jeonghan were shattering. It hits Mingyu hard, so hard that it’s incomprehensible. Seeing Jeonghan stare into space is suddenly heartbreaking, so he stands up and he saunters to where the beautiful male lingers. Jeonghan twirls around delicately, his long strands of hair skimming above his shoulders and Mingyu notices again, how pretty he is up close. It’s difficult to look away, so when he realizes Jeonghan is confused as to why he’s not speaking but just staring again, Mingyu comments on the first thing he sees above Jeonghan’s head.

 

“What is that?” He asks out of nowhere so they can avoid an awkward silence, pointing to the green plant of berries tied together by a red ribbon. Jeonghan turns around and when he looks up, he suddenly goes in shock mode and gasps dramatically, covering his mouth with both hands.

 

“Oh. no.” Jeonghan mutters from behind his palms, blinking slowly.

 

Now, Mingyu is the confused one. “What?” He questions once more.

 

Jeonghan stands lifeless like a doll and all he does he stare at the weird plant. Mingyu too, gazes at it but he doesn’t understand, it just seems like any ordinary plant that was put up as decoration.

 

“It’s a freaking mistletoe, idiot.” Jeonghan says at last, breaking through his frozen posture to tip toe and flick Mingyu in the forehead. “What luck I have.”

 

Mingyu pouts and rubs his forehead, staring at Jeonghan like a puppy.

 

“Why should I have to kiss a stranger?” Jeonghan places two hands on his burning cheeks in frustration. “No, God, please no.”

 

Mingyu smugs, “Oh, a mistletoe...” The taller man slides over and wraps his arms around Jeonghan’s small waist. “So that means I get to steal a kiss from the princess?”

 

“Shut up, don’t call me that.” Jeonghan shoves Mingyu away but just before he gets too far, the beautiful male pulls him back. “Don’t leave the mistletoe or bad luck will befall the both of us.” He warns. “Let me think about this first.” Jeonghan mumbles to himself with Mingyu just gazing in amusement. “We don’t even know if this myth is actually true, it’s just a holiday tradition, right? And I’m already unlucky to begin with, so is it really worth it? But what if it actually comes true and I’m cursed forever? Okay, okay, okay, maybe I can just kiss you on the cheek, the myth doesn’t say it had to be on the l--”

 

Jeonghan is silenced by Mingyu’s abrupt kiss. All of a sudden, Mingyu seized Jeonghan, cupping his smaller face and he leant over to press their lips together. The beautiful male gapes ahead while Mingyu’s got his eyes shut. There’s a tingling sensation of pleasure. Mingyu’s lips are beyond bliss, and tastes of a sweetness more sugary than candy. Jeonghan kisses back, slowly gliding his hands up Mingyu’s broad back. Gradually, Mingyu closes off every inch of distance between the two of them and he begins to gnaw Jeonghan’s upper lip. They both share hot breaths, and it’s all innocent until Mingyu starts pushing forward, devouring his lips like a hungry animal. When Jeonghan feels Mingyu’s tongue sneaking into his mouth, he pushes him away, and their lips come apart, leaving a smacking sound.

 

“Okay.” Jeonghan says, out of breath, his lips swollen and cherry red. “That’s enough.”

 

Mingyu appears offended at first, giving look daggers but the next moment, he’s chuckling while staring back at Jeonghan who has become flushed pink.

 

“Why?” Mingyu teases, reaching over to hold Jeonghan’s hand. “It was just getting good.”

 

Jeonghan glowers, jerking his hand away. “Time to get back, my roommate will be worried.”

 

And the beautiful male runs off, ignoring how Mingyu calls out to him about how they haven’t exchanged phone numbers. Jeonghan halts as soon as he steps outside, regretting everything. Maybe he should go back in there, what if out of a million, Mingyu was the one good one? What if everything that happened tonight was fate pulling them together? Miracles do exist, don’t they? But in the end, Jeonghan laughs to himself. Of course not, him and Mingyu had just met. Jeonghan was not so special as to leave such a big impact in some random stranger’s life, heck, he couldn't even make an impact during his own relationships, that’s why they all leave. The sad truth is Mingyu wanted company for the night and Jeonghan happened to be in his sight, that’s all there was to this, point blank period.

 

When Jeonghan arrives at the dorm, Jisoo is snoring loudly in his sleep. The long haired beauty strides lightly as to not make any noise, and he removes each clothing, realizing he brought Mingyu’s coat home. Jeonghan sighs, nonetheless, he changes into pajamas and lies on the mattress, staring at the blank ceiling, his fingers grazing his lips until he dozes off.

 

In the morning, Jeonghan flutters his eyes open to the smell of hot chocolate and marshmallows. By his side is a steaming mug that Jisoo has prepared which causes the pretty male to shoot up from bed. Jisoo’s hot chocolate was always the best. Jeonghan sips the warm liquid and it instantly puts him at ease. After a few minutes, the door opens and reveals Jisoo, Seungkwan, and Jihoon with countless shopping bags. “Finally awake?” Jisoo asks, a gentle smile as usual. Jeonghan nods, smiling like child.

 

“Last minute shopping?” The beautiful male inquires.

 

“Yes,” Seungkwan answers, dropping all the bags to the ground. “I’ve been trying to get the perfect gift for Hansol.”

 

“Hannie, you’re going to be surprised when you see what Jihoon got for Dokyeom~” Jisoo shares, laughing joyfully until his eyes turn into crescent moons, however, Jihoon is glaring full of hate.

 

“I think it’s pretty awesome.” The petite male retorts, arms crossed at his chest. And they all end lau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter