prologue

the Goblin's Bride

In my long life there have been many times I have regretted my actions; the deeds which became an act of sin and bound me to the pits of Hell. There surely cannot be one Hell the way I have been burning in it.

 

It is in me, around me. It’s everywhere.

 

There have been fleeting moments I have been grateful to this long life for but, I have regretted lots more. For the loss of everyone I cared for. The death of all the acquaintances. The guilt on meeting a soul whom I had wronged. The repent on meeting anybody who had the face of someone I had left behind. The names of people I had a shared history with.

 

Lost souls I let go without consideration.

 

Familiar faces I let get mixed up with the crowd.

 

However, I have never once regretted my past actions or, it’s curse as much as I do now standing across the green field watching my sun rise - his smile, his scent, his presence, his embodiment, his very existence. He is as beautiful as the dewdrops caught on the blades of the grasses in this peaceful dawn. My pathetic, little withered heart is beginning to come to life, beating loud and alive.

 

Then, why do I feel like I’m slowly dying?

 

If this is a dream, please let me wake up.

 

Are you really my destiny?

 

 

“Are you not going to come here, Dokkaebi-ssi?” The boy laughs and singsongs, “Do you want me to make another wish?” He tilts his head and grins, running towards the non-human.

The Goblin takes a step back. “Are you not afraid of talking to me like that?” He swipes his hand in the air to remind the careless boy. The healthy green patch of grass between them turns yellow.

The boy sits down with wide eyes looking at the suddenly wilted grass and turns them back on him. “Why did you do this? Do you know the Ahjussi who lives in that cottage so painstakingly sowed the seeds and is farming here?” He stands back up, pointing a finger at the short deity demanding him to restore the original healthy grass.

“I could punish you.” The Goblin says in all seriousness.

The boy looks unimpressed. “Really?”

“Yes.” The Goblin glares for good measure but, the boy simply dusts his hands and stands akimbo.

“You won’t.”

He bristles. “Why not.” But, he knows. Why

 

 

Hell, Heaven, Earth.. Everyone knows.

 

 

That this is a punishment. A cruel punishment.

 

 

 

“Because I’m the Goblin’s Bride.”

 

 

 

But, this particular Hell is the worst.

 

 

 

a/n: Dokkaebi will be used only in the conversations. Goblin sounds funny to me ^^