Ready

Every moment of you

 

It was so unusual for her to be seen like this. She was seating on the chair, legs crossed as she was waiting patiently for her. It wasn't her waiting that was unusual. No it wasn't. It was the glow and admiration in her eyes that was unusual. She was never fond of dancing specially sweating too much and besides she knows that she's not quite good in memorizing the dance steps. But the person who had her attention since a while ago looks so sinfully good and awesome while dancing. She suddenly felt like sweating too much isn't gruesome at all. In fact she thought it was y or more likely she is y. Yuri danced gracefully with the music. Her body became in sync with the rhythm of it as she taught people passionately each step of the dance.

 

"Jessica." Her train of thoughts vanished and her mind was cleared.

 

"Dae?"  She asked still in the trance of her thoughts.

 

"Sorry for making you wait for long." Yuri bowed a little. She wiped her sweaty neck and arms with a towel, fully aware how Jessica finds these things disgusting. Jessica almost shook her head when she felt the urge to wipe those sweat on Yuri's neck. Oh good Lord what's happening to her?

 

"It's fine Yuri ah. Besides I'm the one who is borrowing your time." Yuri sat tiredly beside her.

 

"So what's this important occasion that I had the privilege to meet Miss Jung?" Yuri quite bowed in her seat, hand formed into how a butler would greet and show respect to their boss. Jessica giggled. Yuri never changed. She was still the girl who's very charming and funny, she must admit, that never made any dull moments when she's with her. Yuri was still the same, but Jessica isn't the same girl anymore.

 

"I need your help." Yuri beamed.

 

"Sure. What do you need me for?" Yuri was still kind. And Jessica doesn't know if she will feel good or bad about it.

 

“I will be hosting our companies Christmas Party and my co-workers decided to have a special dance presentation. And ugh, we kinda need a choreographer.” Jessica averted her eyes from looking at Yuri. She suddenly felt like the room was too small for them. It suddenly felt like every air she inhaled suffocates her.

 

“Sica.” It was a long time ago when someone called her by that nickname and maybe that’s why her heart started to beat erratically. All the people she associated with now-a-days only called her Jessi or Jessica, but not this nickname.

 

“Dae?” Jessica hesitantly looked at Yuri.

 

“I hope you don’t mind that I call you that. I just want you to relax cause I can feel that you’re really nervous. I’m the same old Yuri. I won’t bite.” Yuri playfully winked. But I’m not the same Yuri ah.

 

“Yes you’re right. I don’t know what got into me.” Jessica smiled a little.

 

“So when do you need me to start?”

 


*****

 

Maybe asking Yuri to choreographed her co-workers was a bad idea. It was a very bad idea. Every time Yuri was at their office teaching her co-workers, Jessica will watch. She never failed to watch how Yuri taught every dance steps. That she started to doubt herself what fascinated her more, was it the dance or Yuri? One night after Yuri taught her co-workers, Jessica was trying to start her car. She groaned loudly when it didn’t start for the umpteen time. She rested her head exhaustedly on the steering wheel for a while, once she retrieved her head she saw Yuri walking to its car. Jessica bit her lip. She exhaled loudly before going out of her car.

 

“Yuri ah!” She called for the latter. Yuri stopped walking and look to find the owner of the voice. She instantly beamed when she saw Jessica.

 

  “Hi.” Yuri said once Jessica was in front of her.

 

“Ugh this might sound embarrassing, but I need your help again.” Jessica fidgeted on her place as she spoke.

 

“Sure. What help can I do for you, Sica?” Jessica sighed. It felt good hearing Yuri calling her by that. It felt really good, yet it scared her. It scared her how Yuri was affecting her again. It scared her that she might be falling for this girl again. But did she loved Yuri before? She was sure it was just an infatuation. Because if it was real love she was sure she won’t leave the girl just because she hadn’t felt the spark and magic before. But Yuri let her go? Does that mean Yuri doesn’t loved her too? There was many questions swirling into Jessica’s mind. It was 10 years ago already, but it felt like it only happened yesterday.

 

“Sica?” Jessica felt her heart flutter when her eyes met Yuri’s brown orbs. Yuri chuckled.

 

“Are you spacing out again?” Jessica felt the rush of heat to her cheeks as she avoided Yuri’s eyes and spoke.

 

“I.. urm, my car won’t start. I ah, I need a ride home.”

 

“Okay. Come follow me.” Jessica was caught off guard when the latter suddenly held her hand and started walking. She looked at Yuri with wide eyes. Yuri chuckled when she saw Jessica’s reaction.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Yuri continued to laugh.

 

“I.. uhm..” The you’re my freaking ex! Jessica mentlally shouted.

 

They stopped in front of a black car. Yuri withdrew her hand. “Did I make things awkward to you?” The sincerity in Yuri’s melted all the uneasiness that Jessica felt. “Uhm.. kinda.” Jessica replied. It always fascinated Jessica how Yuri seems to know how her mind works. Despite how she can space out sometimes and is surely not an open book it fascinated her how Yuri seems to know how to make things comfortable.

 

“Sorry. You’re spacing out again a while ago that’s why I-“

 

“It’s okay. No need to apologize and explain yourself.” Jessica interrupted Yuri’s explanation. “Is this your car?” Jessica continued when Yuri didn’t spoke. Yuri nodded. This was Jessica, she can make any situation awkward and uneasy. Yuri opened the car door for Jessica. She chose not to speak, this are the time where she’s not sure whether Jessica is pissed or not. It still made her nervous when Jessica becomes like this.

 

“Uhm are you living on the same hou-“ Yuri started to asked, but Jessica interrupted.

 

“No. I’ll just give you the instructions.” Yuri just nodded. She wasn’t even sure if Jessica saw it.

 

Jessica hated how nice Yuri was. She hated how Yuri was still okay when she broke up with her. That she doubted if Yuri ever loved her. But most of all Jessica hated the fact that Yuri is starting to attract her again. Jessica hated that Yuri was too god to be hers. For Jessica, she and Yuri are a misfit. And Jessica hated herself more for not being fit enough for Yuri.

 

“We’re here.” Yuri smiled a little. Jessica stared at her. After a moment of silence Jessica finally spoke, “Thanks for the ride Yuri.” But before Jessica can opened the car door Yuri held her wrist.

 

“What’s bothering you?” Yuri asked.

 

“Nothing.” Jessica withdrew her hand and immediately go out of the car. Yuri hurriedly followed.

 

“Sica!” Jessica glared at Yuri.

 

“Stop calling me that Yuri. We are already over. Why won’t you stop calling me that?” Yuri smiled despite the ache that she started to felt in her heart.

 

“Sorry. I guess I misread all the things you had shown to me.” Jessica shook her head vigorously. A part off her was trying to ignore how fragile Yuri looked right now and a part of her was trying to convince herself that they are over already.

 

“Yuri, you know I won’t come back to you anymore. I thought we made it clear why I broke up with you.”

 

“I know.” Yuri looked at her then averted her eyes. “I remember it clearly Jessica.” Yuri looked at her again and it almost made Jessica hug the latter when she saw the hurt in Yuri’s eyes. “Yuri let’s break up. I don’t want to continue a relationship with someone I don’t feel any spark with. I’m sorry. I guess all I had felt for you was infatuation.” Yuri said what Jessica said the night she broke up with her. Yuri’s eyes glistened by now, and it was the first time Yuri showed that she was hurt in front of Jessica. Jessica didn’t know what to do. She was lost. Was Yuri this hurt ever since that day they broke up?

 

“Yuri. I’m sorry.” Yuri shook her head.

 

“It’s okay. I’m fine Jessica.” It broke Jessica how Yuri was fighting the urge to cry and show her that she was okay.

 

“Yul..”

 

“Stop. Just stop Jessica. Just.. Please don’t give me any false hope anymore.” Yuri started to walk back to her car. Jessica just watched her leave. Jessica felt like she was the biggest coward that night. Because she didn’t have the courage to pull Yuri and tell her that she love the latter. Jessica was sure after what happened that she was indeed in love with Yuri. A lone tear started to fell from Jessica’s eyes.

 

“Sorry, Yul. I’m sorry I can’t admit it to you today. I’m too afraid I will hurt you again if I ever said those words to you.”

 

 

*****

 

Jessica wasn’t confident enough if she can take good care of Yuri’s heart. She wasn’t sure if Yuri will even give her a chance. But despite how coward she felt, she never missed any of the practice of her co-workers where Yuri will teach them. She was just standing where Yuri won’t see her and always watch the latter from a far. It’s amazing how Jessica felt happy just by watching Yuri, yet at the same time she wanted more.

 

It was the day of their Christmas party, Yuri was invited and it made Jessica nervous. She wasn’t sure why, but just the thought of Yuri being their made her anxious. The program had started, but she hadn’t seen Yuri yet. It somehow calmed her, but at the same time she was excited to see Yuri. Their Christmas party required all of the guests to wear a formal attire and she can’t help to be excited to see Yuri on a gown.

 

Her co-workers who Yuri taught are now performing. Jessica grew anxious. Her eyes scanned the whole venue and there, their eyes met. Her heart was beating crazily. Yuri was wearing a peach colored gown, not too revealing, but enough to tease people of what’s inside in all the right places. Jessica can’t help, but feel relieved to finally saw Yuri. She grinned at the latter who seems to be in a dazed looking at her. Her smile died when a girl linked her arm with Yuri. Jessica raised her eyebrow. Who was the girl? She drunk all of the wine on the glass wine she’s holding. Her mind was clouded by jealousy. Who was the girl? Yuri. Yul. Yul should be hers. The performance ended and people started to applaud loudly, ending Jessica’s thoughts.

 

Yuri would be hers if only she’ll have the courage and not be a coward anymore, but how can Jessica make Yuri hers? The party ended and Jessica was on her way home. She was walking, on her way to her car when she heard giggling not far from her. Her eyes saw two figures walking not far from her. Her eyebrow raised. She knows very well who was the other girl.

 

“Yul!” There are times where Jessica’s mouth speaks first before thinking and she hates how it happened right now. Yuri felt all the heart strings of her heart shook. It triggered the almost dying desire for the one and only person who captures her heart, Jessica. She immediately tried and look for the owner of the voice. Yuri tried, but failed not to grin when she saw Jessica walking to her. Jessica look gorgeous with her red dress that made the latter look y.

 

“Jessica.” Jessica didn’t missed how her heart sting when she didn’t heard Yuri call her by Sica.

 

“Can I talk to you for a second?” Jessica wasn’t sure anymore what is happening. All she knows is that she missed Yuri. And it felt like every day the desire to be with Yuri, the desire to make Yuri smile only grows stronger.

 

“uhm..sure.” Yuri hesitantly agreed. She wasn’t sure what Jessica wants with her. And she is scared that her heart might hope for something again. Once was painful enough, twice was an awakening to her that Jessica wouldn’t comeback anymore. They go to a secluded place.

 

“How are you Yul?” Jessica started to ask.

 

“Jessica I said stop ca-“

 

“I know, I know. But damn it!” Jessica groaned then walk back and forth in front of Yuri. Yuri looked amusedly at the latter.

 

“Mind to tell me what’s bothering you?” Jessica stopped walking and bit her lip. Was she ready? Is she, herself ready to admit to Yuri what she feels?

 

“Jessica I don’t have enough time for thi-“

 

“I love you.” Jessica blurted it out. Yuri stopped talking. Yuri frowned, but when the realization hit her she asked loudly, “WHAT?!” Jessica wants to hide herself anywhere just far away from Yuri. This was the very first time she admitted that she love the latter. Not even before when they are together. Jessica covered her face with her hands when she felt heat rushed to her cheeks. Damn she felt so embarrassed.

 

“Sica. Please look at me.” Yuri tried to pry Jessica’s hands. When she succeeded she look gently at the blushing girl.

 

“Stop looking at me Yul.” Jessica whined as she kept avoiding Yuri’s gaze. Yuri chuckled.

 

“Not until you repeat what you had said.”

 

“Not gonna happen.” Jessica stated firmly as she struggled to withdrew both her arms that Yuri was holding firmly.

 

“Uhh so you want it the hard way huh?” Yuri threatened.

 

“Huh?” Jessica asked clueless.

 

“Say it or I’ll kiss you.” Jessica’s eyes grew wide and she felt the new surge of heat rushed to her cheeks.

 

“Yah! How can you?! How about your girlfriend that’s with you a while ago huh? So you’re a two timer now?” Yuri smirked.

 

“Then if you know that I’m taken why did you still admit that you love me huh?” Jessica bit her lip. So the girl a while ago was really Yuri’s girlfriend. Jessica looked at the ground. She can feel the weight on her chest getting heavier. She can feel the urge to cry too. She bit her lip harder trying to numb herself.

 

“Sica?” Yuri asked when the latter didn’t spoke for a while.

 

“Stopped it Yuri.” Jessica smiled bitterly. “I need to go. Forget about what I said.” Jessica said before she started to walk. She was ready to forget Yuri. She just hoped it won’t hurt so bad. She just hoped Yuri was happy already. She should have known that this can happen. She shou-

 

 

“I LOVE YOU TOO!! YOU STUPID AND COWARD JESSICA JUNG!!!!”

 

 

Jessica halt in her steps. She looked at Yuri with wide eyes. The latter was giggling then Yuri was immediately in front of her. Soft hands started to caressed her cheeks.

 

“My Sica.. I miss saying that. You’re mine right? Or..” Yuri stepped backward creating a small distance between them.

 

“Please be mine Jessica Jung. I promised you that this charming.” Yuri winked. “Funny, admit it. I know I am. Trustworthy, kind, y and goddess of beauty will love you purely and unconditionally. Just say yes love.” Yuri took a step closer to her and held her hands. Jessica was trembling. Tears started to fall and she didn’t stop it. Yuri just re-enacted the way she first proposed to her before, when the latter asked her to be her official girlfriend.

 

“Hey why are you crying?” Yuri leaned closer and wiped her tears.

 

“Pabo. I’m just really happy. But hey you said you have a girlfriend.” Jessica pinch Yuri’s arm.

 

“Aww. Getting violent love?” Jessica rolled he eyes trying to masked her giddiness.

 

“Just answer me.” Yuri giggled. “Impatient like before, I see. Well love, she’s my pretty cousin nothing more, nothing less.”  Jessica stared at her for a while. Yuri smirked.

 

“Why? Are you jealous Sica?”

 

“Shut up and kiss me NOW.” Yuri grinned.

 

“As you wish, love.” Yuri wrapped her arm around Jessica’s waist and pulled the latter closer. Both leaned closer. Jessica wrapped her arms around Yuri’s neck, then their lips met. It was gentle kiss. It was a kiss that reunited both hearts who was deprived to be happy for a long time. A kiss which ignited the desire that had been kept for a long time.

 

Jessica smiled through that kissed. She knew to herself she was ready. She was so glad she took the courage and confessed. She knew to herself she was ready to commit herself to Yuri and show her how she loved Yuri just the same.