Merry VIXXmas!

Have Yourself A Merry Little VIXXmas [One-shot]

This was a rather last minute idea and I had to rush to finish writing it on Friday as I was out the entire day yesterday and it has to come up today  please pardon me if it doesn't seem to flow well xD

Merry Christmas everyone!

****

“Uh..guys…?” N called, “I think you wanna see this.”

 

VIXX had just gotten home from practice when the leader received a text on his phone. The boys crowded around N, who had his phone held out for them to see.

 

From: Director Hwang

VIXX, you have been put in charge of organizing the 2016 Jellyfish Christmas Party to be held on Christmas Eve! All expenses can be claimed. We’ll be looking forward to the party!

P.S. No help from the company staff and artistes will be rendered (your managers included).

 

All of them groaned simultaneously. They knew it was tradition that one artiste gets picked each year, and despite having been part of the entertainment agency for years, it was the first time they were tasked with the organizing of the annual Christmas party.

 

“But Christmas is like, in less than a week!” Hongbin protested.

 

“I honestly thought they picked someone already,” Ravi joined in.

 

“Hey, at least we’re doing it as a group,” N attempted to encourage s, “remember when In Guk hyung had to do everything alone?”

 

“That’s true,” Ken nodded, “well, then, let’s give them a party to remember!”

 

“We’ll start planning tomorrow,” Leo concluded, “go wash up and get some rest.”

----

Group Chat: VIXX (6)

N: Good morning, kids!

HB: Really, hyung? You’re just in the room beside me.

H: Ravi hyung’s still sleeping.

HB: I bet Taekwoon hyung’s still asleep too.

L: I’m here.

HB: O_O Wow, hyung.

K: Whatjkkgl;kgffkl

HB: …aaand that must be Ken hyung sleep-typing. 

N: Well I’m calling a meeting! Everyone in the living room in 5!

 

“Ravi hyung won’t wake up,” Hyuk plopped onto the sofa.

 

“Where’s Jaehwan?” Leo asked.

 

“Probably still sleeping too,” Hongbin shrugged, “and where’s N hyung? He’s the one who called for a meeting.”

 

Leo headed back in the direction of Ken’s room, knocking on N’s door on the way. He opened Ken’s door and found the vocalist sprawled across his bed, one hand clutched around his phone, the other arm hugging his Chopper plushie tightly. Leo smiled at the sight and approached his adorable little brother, gently shaking him awake.

 

“Jaehwan-ah, wake up.”

 

Ken groaned and mumbled in response, none of which Leo understood.

 

“We have a party to plan, come on,” he tugged the younger boy into a sitting position.

 

Ken forced his eyes open and pouted, “it’s our off day, hyung~”

 

Leo chuckled, “I know. I was forced awake by Hakyeon too. Come on, now. Everyone else is in the living room.”

 

When Leo returned to the living room with Ken, Ravi was already there, though still not fully awake.

 

“Okay! Everyone’s here!” N clapped, “let’s start planning!”

 

“Isn’t it a little too late to make reservations anywhere?” Hongbin asked.

 

N nodded, “so we’ll be using our practice room! Any objections?”

 

“Nope, convenient and free of charge, why not?” Hyuk agreed.

 

“Good! So, venue settled. Now food and deco…”

 

“Taekwoon hyung can be in charge of food!” Ken chirped.

 

Leo sighed, but nodded anyway, “okay.”

 

“You’ll be helping him, Jaehwan-ah.”

 

“Me?” Ken’s eyes widened.

 

Leo sighed again, “I don’t get to object, do I?”

 

“Nope! Oh, cake included, yeah?” N grinned, “Hongbin, you’re with me for deco. Hyukkie and Wonshik are in charge of presents shopping!”

 

“Why am I always stuck with you, hyung?” Hongbin whined.

 

“Because you’re my favourite,” N winked.

 

“What? Shopping?” Ravi yawned, feeling more awake at the mention of shopping.

----

The day of the Christmas party, VIXX were up bright and early. After breakfast, Leo banned everyone except Ken from the kitchen. Ravi, Hongbin and Hyuk left the dorm around noon to get decoration supplies. N had been called in for a morning rehearsal session for his upcoming musical, so he had put Ravi and Hyuk in charge of the decorating, with Hongbin helping out until he had to go meet N to shop for gifts.

 

Back at the dorm, Leo had a full menu planned out for the party that evening. He sent a lengthy text to Ken, before calling for the younger vocalist.

 

“Jaehwan-ah, can you make a trip to the supermarket please? I sent you a text with everything we need. Grab my wallet from my room.”

 

“’kay, hyung!”

 

“Jaehwan-ah! Go to the big one, not the one down the street!” Leo called as Ken made his way out; the younger boy waving in response.

----

Ravi and Hyuk had to lug five huge bags of decorations to their practice room. The subway journey back to their agency (they waited for almost an hour for a taxi with no luck so they gave up) had Hyuk wondering why didn’t they borrow one of the company’s vehicles, even if it meant putting his life at risk with Ravi’s driving skills. True to their director’s words, not one person offered to help them carry the stuff to their practice room even when the both of them looked like they were gonna break any time. Hyuk glared at everyone who looked their way and threatened not to give them food during the party. The staff just laughed it off and continued working. 

 

“Oh my god I thought we would never make it back,” Ravi huffed. 

 

“I am not going to feed any one of those people outside,” Hyuk dropped himself to the floor. 

 

The duo rested for about ten minutes before Ravi dragged Hyuk up to start decorating. 

 

“Come on, we gotta have everything up before the tree arrives.”

 

Unfortunately for them, the Christmas tree that the company had been using for the past few years had already been disposed, so they had to get a new one this time. It was impossible for the both of them to transport the tree back with the amount of things they had to carry, so they opted for expedited delivery. “All expenses can be claimed”, so they might as well make use of it. 

----

Leo had just put the first tray of cookie batter in the oven when the door opened. He could hear Ken humming to some random song. 

 

“I’m back!”

 

“That was fast,” Leo muttered, an uneasy feeling suddenly settling in him when he heard a lot of shuffling. 

 

When Ken finally appeared in the kitchen, Leo almost cursed. 

 

“Lee Jaehwan! I didn’t ask you to buy the whole store back!”

 

“Hyung, did you even see the list you made?”

 

“I know it’s a long list but it sure isn’t this much!”

 

In front of Leo sat three ginormous boxes filled to the brim and haphazardly taped shut. Unlike Ravi and Hyuk, Ken had borrowed one of their company’s vehicles the previous night, so he had no problem transporting the boxes back. 

 

“I may or may not have added some snacks of my own,” Ken grinned sheepishly. 

 

Leo closed his eyes and took a deep breath, “you be thankful our expenses can be claimed.”

 

When Ken didn’t reply, Leo opened his eyes to see the younger boy looking like a kid who was caught eating too much candy. 

 

“Don’t tell me…”

 

“I, um…I said I didn’t need a receipt…?”

 

“LEE JAEHWAN!”

----

“Ooh! Let’s go to that store!” 

 

Hongbin groaned as N pulled him into yet another clothing store. 

 

“Hyung! We’re supposed to be buying gifts for everyone in the company! Not for you!”

 

N shushed him, “we still have lots of time, don’t worry!”

 

The visual rolled his eyes, “well, yeah, did you forget we have to do our own gift wrapping? For like the entire company?”

 

“We’ll make it in time,” the leader replied half-heartedly, “now let me shop in peace! Do you see anything you like?”

 

“I’m not complaining if you’re paying,” Hongbin gave in and went around the store. 

 

The pair seemed to have forgotten about their task as they continued going from store to store and the number of bags in their hands increased slowly. It was when the sky was getting dark did Hongbin suddenly remember. 

 

“Hyung! Presents!”

 

“Oh no! Presents!” N panicked, “what time is it now?!”

----

“No, hyung! It’s not aligned!”

 

Ravi was standing on the bench they had in their practice room, putting up the cardboard alphabets that spelt ‘Merry Christmas’. 

 

“Yah! I’ve been doing this for like, 20 minutes! Stop being such a perfectionist!” 

 

“Says the one who locks himself up in his studio for days to perfect a song!”

 

“That’s different! This is only a one-day event!”

 

“Why are we even yelling at each other?!”

 

You started it!”

 

Hyuk sighed, “sorry, hyung…”

 

“Nah, it’s not your fault. I’m sorry too.”

 

“But hyung, can you just try to align it a little bit?”

 

Ravi groaned, but listened to his maknae anyway. Said maknae’s phone rang just then. 

 

“Hello? Oh! Okay I’ll be right out!”

 

“Tree?”

 

Hyuk nodded excitedly, “be right back, hyung!”

----

“Hyung~” Ken whined. 

 

“You’re not getting any of these until you’re done with that,” Leo glared at him. 

 

Leo almost had a mental breakdown when he looked through the items Ken had bought. The younger vocalist’s snacks alone was enough to almost fill one of the boxes. Other than that, about half the items were not what Leo had on his list. Ken reasoned that he couldn’t find the exact items and the mart was too busy with the last minute grocery shopping crowd so there was no one for him to ask so he just bought similar (or so he thought) items. To top it off, Ken didn’t come home with any log cakes. The younger boy assured his hyung that he had the cakes settled and it was nothing to worry about. Leo wasn’t so sure about that. 

 

The elder vocalist tasked his younger brother with a huge bowl of garlic to peel and chop. He had confiscated Ken’s carton of snacks until he was done with the garlic. 

 

With the last tray of cookies baking and every other dish almost done, Leo relaxed a little and went through the last box to look for the star of the dinner menu. He almost suffered another breakdown when he saw what Ken had bought. 

 

“Lee Jaehwan,” Leo held up the two roasted chickens in his hands, “in what way do these look like turkeys to you?!” 

 

“Hyung, do you know how crazily crowded it was at the mart?”

 

“Don’t try to distract me,” Leo deadpanned. 

 

“What I’m saying is,” Ken put on his best aegyo face (he knows Leo loves his aegyo, well, everyone does), “I couldn’t find the turkey so I grabbed those instead. I mean, they look the same! They’re just different in size!”

 

“Jaehwan-ah.”

 

“Yes, hyung?” Ken answered meekly. 

 

“Get out of my kitchen.”

----

“Leo hyung is gonna kill us.”

 

N and Hongbin had managed to find what they wanted and had made it back to the agency in time. The practice room was in a mess with all of Ravi and Hyuk’s deco stuff lying around, so N suggested they use Leo’s work studio to do the gift wrapping instead. 

 

“He won’t find out as long as we don’t leave any evidence behind,” N grinned cheekily.

 

“And if he does?”

 

“You go talk to him, then.”

 

Hongbin stared at his leader, “gee, thanks, hyung.”

 

“Mm, I love you too,” N nodded, “yah, get me the scissors from his desk, will you?”

 

Hongbin stood and turned towards the desk. He took a step forward and tripped over N’s bag, which he had carelessly thrown on the floor. Hongbin was sent flying towards Leo’s desk. N watched in horror as the younger boy held his arms out to grab whatever that was in contact to break his fall, and that ‘whatever’ happened to be the speaker stand. While the speaker didn’t topple over, the small figurines surrounding it, as well as the Transformers bottle on top of it, did. Hongbin managed to catch himself and turned to glare at N, but the look on his hyung’s face told him something wasn’t right. 

 

“The hard drive! Yah! Grab it!” N was full out panicking. 

 

Hongbin turned his attention back to Leo’s desk and saw the portable hard drive almost falling off the edge. He caught it in time just as the device tipped over, heaving a sigh of relief as he did so. 

 

“It didn’t drop, oh, thank goodness.”

 

“My heart stopped beating for a moment, oh my god,” N placed a hand over his chest. 

 

“What are you guys doing?”

 

N and Hongbin jumped from the voice behind them. They slowly turned and came face to face with the owner of the room they were in. 

 

“Uh…annyeong, Taekwoon-ah…” N waved awkwardly. 

 

Leo took in the state of his work studio and sighed. 

 

“You’re cleaning this up later. And you better pray the hard drive is working normally,” the vocalist then left the room. 

 

“Hyung…was that…a threat?” Hongbin gulped. 

 

N nodded slowly, “it sure sounded like one…”

----

When Hyuk returned with the tree in tow, Ravi was already done with the alphabets. It still looked unaligned, but Hyuk decided not to say anything. After all, the tree’s the real star of the party, isn’t it?

 

“Yay! Tree decorating time!” the maknae cheered. 

 

The duo had decided on a white tree and bought navy blue and gold decorations, since it’s their fanclub color and are the colors that represent them best. Ravi left Hyuk to set up the tree while he unpacked the ornaments, ribbons, and everything else for its decoration. The maknae was done with the setting up in no time. In the midst of hanging the ornaments onto the tree, Ken joined them in the practice room, whining that he got kicked out by Leo. Ravi and Hyuk welcomed another helping hand as they worked on making the tree pretty. 

 

“That looks pretty,” Leo’s voice sounded. 

 

The trio halted their actions and looked up, seeing their second eldest hyung carrying foldable tables into the room to set up the food.

 

“Jaehwan-ah, the café people said they’re reaching in five. Can you go get them, please?”

 

Leo had managed to order a desserts table with the help of his sister, whose friend runs a sweets café.

 

“Okay, hyung!” and Ken was skipping his way out of the room. 

 

Ravi and Hyuk continued working on decorating while Leo got busy with setting up the food table. The rapper left Hyuk to place the key item on top of the tree while he did the finishing touches to the rest of the tree. Hyuk had suggested they used their iconic voodoo doll plushie instead of the usual star, and Ravi agreed immediately. It’s a party planned by VIXX, so of course they had to twist things into their own style, right?

 

“Ravi hyung, I’m gonna put the doll up now!”

 

“Okay, be careful not to knock anything over.”

 

Hyuk stepped onto the bench and carefully avoided the strung up lights and ribbons and ornaments. The added height from the bench, however, wasn’t enough for Hyuk as the tree they had bought was a little too tall. He had to tiptoe to be able to put the doll in place. He held the doll in position with one hand while the other reached into his pocket for the few clips he had kept in there to secure the doll onto the tree. While doing so, Hyuk suddenly lost his balance and fell forward. 

 

Into the tree. 

----

In Leo’s studio, the leader and the visual were finally done with the gift wrapping and labelling. They gathered all the presents to move them to the practice room. They were definitely not prepared for the sight that greeted them. 

 

“What happened?!” N yelped. 

 

Leo was frozen in the corner, Ravi was gaping at Hyuk, who was on the floor with the toppled tree and lights somehow tangled around him. 

 

“Yah!” Hongbin rushed to the maknae, “are you hurt anywhere?!”

 

Hyuk groaned, but shook his head, “I’m fine, hyung.”

 

“Our tree…” N stared at the fallen tree, “can it be saved?”

 

The door opened to reveal Ken and a few unknown faces behind him. 

 

“Taekwoon hyung! The café peo—wow, did a typhoon pass through here?”

 

Leo bowed at the café staff, “sorry, we have a bit of a mess here. The table can be set up here, please.”

 

As the café staff got to work, with Leo helping, Ravi helped Hyuk up and removed the lights from him. 

 

“Let’s save this tree as much as we can,” the rapper said, “we don’t have much time until the party starts.”

 

The task of pinning the doll to the top of the tree was handed to Hongbin, whom Ravi and Hyuk agreed is the most careful person amongst them. N and Leo snickered, remembering what happened in the studio earlier, to which Hongbin sent a glare in N’s direction. With the addition of Ken and Hongbin, the tree was restored to perfection. The doll was also safely secured in place, with no more accidents. 

 

“Why do I see chickens on the table? Where’s the turkey?” N asked, looking at Taekwoon. 

 

The elder vocalist rolled his eyes, “ask Jaehwan.”

 

Ken only grinned sheepishly when the leader turned his attention to him. 

 

“And where are the cakes?”

 

Leo sighed again, “ask Jaehwan.”

 

“Oh! Oh!” Ken exclaimed, “the cakes are coming soon! I have everything covered!”

 

N raised his brows in confusion at Ken’s enthusiasm and turned to Leo, who just sighed (again) and shrugged. 

 

The leader looked around their practice room. While it had been an eventful(?) day, he was glad they managed to make it look like a proper party. The room decorations were, although a little haphazard, decent. The tree, having suffered an accident, was restored to its glory. The gifts, which wrapping Santa’s elves would definitely disapprove of, were nicely placed under the tree. The food table, which Leo miraculously managed to save even with Ken’s horrible grocery shopping, looked like something out of a hotel buffet. N was happy. Now all they had to do before opening the doors to the party, was to wait for the cakes. 

 

“The cakes are here!” Ken announced as he read a text off his phone, “be right back!”

 

The other five members took the time to relax while waiting for their cutie main vocalist to return with, hopefully, Christmas log cakes. About five minutes later, the door opened again and Ken returned with two boxes in his hands. Hongbin stared at the boxes, puzzled. 

 

“Aren’t log cakes supposed to be in rectangular boxes…?”

 

“Jaehwan-ah?” N called. 

 

Ken gleefully set the boxes on the desserts table and motioned for s to join him. 

 

“Guys, what is VIXX known for?” the younger vocalist beamed, “for being different, right? So what’s the fun in getting log cakes when they’re everywhere?”

 

“Just tell me you didn’t buy anything weird,” Leo groaned. 

 

“Ey, hyung,” Ken chided, “have some faith in me, will you?”

 

“Not after you almost wiped out the supermarket with my card and not get a receipt.”

 

“What?!” four pairs of eyes turned to Leo. 

 

“It’s a long story,” the second eldest shook his head, “now, cake.”

 

When Ken removed the first cake from its box, the room went silent. All eyes were on him. 

 

“What?” he happily held up the One Piece-themed cake, “Chopper’s adorable! Just like me!”

 

Leo muttered what sounded like ‘I knew it’ while N did a face palm. The three younger members gawked at Ken. 

 

“And what’s the other one?” N asked unexpectantly. 

 

“Okay, that was meant as a joke,” Ken’s grin didn’t leave his face as he slowly unboxed the other cake, “I’m sure you guys will love this.”

 

To say they were surprised when they saw the second cake was an understatement. They didn’t know how, but Ken had managed to, in such short notice, order a customized cake for the party. The second cake had a Christmas tree on it; instead of colorful ornaments hanging from the ‘branches’, it had every single artiste’s name (including all of Jellyfish’s actors and actresses), and at the top of the tree, was their agency’s logo. 

 

“Jaehwan hyung…” 

 

“This is amazing!”

 

“You punk,” Leo grinned and slung an arm over Ken’s shoulders. 

 

“Told you I have everything covered, didn’t I?”

 

“Are we ready to open the doors now, VIXX?” N smiled at s. 

 

“Let’s go!”