Final

Letters to Santa

"Letters to Santa"

“I want you, kids, to write a letter to Santa Claus since it’s going to be Christmas soon.” Ms. Park announced in front of the class. The students were obviously excited. “You can ask for anything you want and Santa might give your wishes to you.” Ms. Park added. She knew that what she was saying was a lie because last time, she wished for the kids to disappear and they did not—they just got worse.

“Can we really wish for anything?” Wonshik asked, sounding so excited which sounded weird because of his deep voice (which was even weirder because he was only 4). “Then, it will really come true?”

No. “Well, yes.” Ms. Park nodded her head. “Anyway, I have a meeting with the other teachers so I’ll be leaving you guys here alone. Write your letters quietly, okay?” She said.

“Okay!” The kids replied in chorus. All of them wanted to start writing their letters for Santa Claus. Satisfied, Ms. Park left the room. The kindergarteners, of course, started chatting with each other out loud. Some of them talked about the latest toys, some talked about gadgets, and some talked about the randomest things that they liked.

“Can we really wish for anything?” Wonshik asked again but this time, he asked his seatmate and frienemy, Lee Jaehwan. “Like, can I wish to have a pair flying shoes then I would be able to fly?” He continued to ask more questions. “Then, can I wish to have a house in North Pole?”

Jaehwan nodded his head. “Of course, you can wish for anything. But those might not come true since you’re not a nice kid. You should give away your Pretzels to other kids, especially to your friend. But you are really selfish and you don’t even let me take a bite. Santa won’t be happy.”

“You aren’t a nice too! You steal my Pretzel all the time. That makes a you a thief.” Wonshik argued.

“Correction: A cute thief.” Jaehwan said, tilting his head to the side as cutely as he could.

Wonshik, of course, immediately melted upon seeing how cute his friend was. “So cute.” He complimented Jaehwan before pinching the cheeks of the latter.

“That escalated quickly.” Sanghyuk, who was occupying the seat behind the two, commented. He sounded like an adult, as if he was not a student in a kindergarten. “Those two argue all the time and make up quickly too. If they’re going to argue, can’t they argue for a long time?” He asked his seatmate and best friend, Hongbin.

The latter chuckled. He was smiling brightly which resulted to showing off his two deep dimples. “Don’t mind them. They’re always like that. I don’t think that they will ever stop acting like that.”

“That’s backstabbing!” Jaehwan turned to Hongbin and Sanghyuk. “That’s bad, you know? Santa won’t give you gifts.” He tried to scare them. “Speaking of gifts, what gift do you want to receive this year? I don’t know what to write in my letter.”

“You can write anything you want but Santa won’t give it to you since you’re a thief.” Wonshik chimed in. “You’re older than me yet you still steal foods from me?” He stared at Jaehwan in disbelief.

“Why are you not telling me what you will write? I won’t spread it!” The four friends turned to their classmate, Hakyeon, who was whining to Taekwoon. Hakyeon and Taekwoon’s seats were far from theirs but Hakyeon’s voice was loud enough to grab their attention. “Is it a soccer ball? Will you wish for a soccer ball?” Hakyeon asked but Taekwoon just ignored him.

Upon hearing that, Sanghyuk gasped then stood up on his chair. “Taekwoon hyung!” He called out. The two of them had gotten quite close after the incident in the pig farm. “Don’t ask for a soccer ball! I already told daddy Leo to buy one for you! It’s my gift for you.” He said.

Taekwoon looked at him and smiled before nodding his head. He did not speak but his smile was warm. He was not stoic and cold towards Sanghyuk anymore. In fact, Taekwoon was nicest towards Sanghyuk. The two of them had a soft spot for one another.

“I’m so proud of you, Taekwoon.” Everyone could hear Hakyeon speaking like a proud mother before going back to what he was  doing earlier—annoying Taekwoon, that was.

“The two of you had gotten so close.” Hongbin commented, watching as Sanghyuk settled himself down on his seat once again. “What happened in the pig farm anyway?”

“That…” Sanghyuk grinned. “Is a secret.” He continued. He knew that Taekwoon would be embarrassed if he were to tell someone what actually happened. Sanghyuk believed that he should protect Taekwoon’s pride. “But because of that, I found out that Taekwoon hyung isn’t a bad person at all. He just looks like he’s always angry and that he wants to kill us but he is really nice.”

Hongbin kept quiet, returning to what he was supposed to be doing—writing a letter to Santa. Then, he knew what he wanted to write and he hoped that Santa would be nice enough to fulfill it.

 

Ms. Park, bored inside the faculty room, decided to read the letters that the kids wrote for Santa—not that she was interested. It had been more than two hours since the kids left and more than an hour since she started reading the letters. Most of the kids asked for toys and for some absurd things with their messy handwriting. “This is so funny.” She chuckled. She was starting to pack up when she noticed that there were still six unopened letters. Curious, Ms. Park opened the letters.


Dear Santa,

First of all, I would like to give you an advice. Why don’t you try losing some weight? I have nothing against people who are a bit fatter than the rest but Santa, you’re not getting any younger! You must be prone to diabetes. I don’t want you to die just yet.

Second, please fulfill my wish. I would like to have a year supply of Pretzels so that Wonshikie would be jealous of me. Also, please make that kid more generous.

Love,

Lee Jaehwanie~ <3 <3 <3 *kisses**kisses**kisses*

Dear Santa,

I would like to have a brand new house. You can afford that, right? Or not? If you can, just tell me because I know someone who works at the bank. Maybe, you can borrow money from him? It’s 10% interest though… Do you know what that means? Because I don’t…

Or you can just give me cash so that I can buy many Pretzels. That way, even if the cute Jaehwan hyung steals one frrom me, I can just buy another one.

Sincerely Jaehwan hyung’s yours,

Kim Wonshik

Dear Santa,

Please make Taekwoon notice me. He’s always ignoring me, his best friend! T__T He’s such a cruel person, right? He said that I’m annoying, irritating, and that I am so clingy! I know that he did not mean that and that those things are not true. He’s just a little shy that’s why he hits me and punches me all the time. It reminds me of the time when we first met, he punched me in the face! But because I am nice, I understood that he’s just like that because he’s a shy little boy. He’s such a sweetheart <3 <3 <3

So, yeah, please make him notice me more and love me more and adore me more and… and… and… and I don’t know what to say anymore. Someone once told me that you only give things to people so… how about Woonie’s heart? (Not literally because that’s gross).

Santa Claus, the old man with white beard and really red clothes, please make my wish come true!

The talented and the oh-so-great,

Cha Hakyeon

Dear Santa,

Are you real? Or are you just a product of some silly kid’s imagination? Anyway, I don’t really care. I just want to test if you’re real or not. I won’t ask you for anything for myself this holiday but I just want you to give the hyungs what they wanted to have this year. Make sure that they’re healthy too.

Love, the youngest,

Han Sanghyuk

(P.S. but if you’re real and if you’re nice enough, how about buying me a laptop and a new computer? A new cellphone and Xbox would do too. You see, I really like playing games and my Xbox is broken. Mommy Yeonie told me that it’s not practical to buy a new one but I think that she’s just being a cheapskate. Also, if you would be really kind, please make Jaehwan hyung and Hakyeon hyung shut up even for just a day? They’re so noisy that I think my ears are about to bleed.)

Dear Santa,

I don’t want to write a long letter to you but I’m going to do so anyway. I just want to rant! You see, Sanghyuk and I are best friends. I am his knight in shining school uniform. I and him used to eat lunch together every day and used to play basketball everyday. We also played computer games. But these days, he had been hanging out with Taekwoon hyung so much. I have nothing against Taekwoon hyung but shouldn’t he just stay with his best friend, Hakyeon hyung?

After the trip to the pig farm, Sanghyuk seems to like Taekwoon hyung more and the two of them always play soccer and table tennis together. But Sanghyuk is my best friend!

So, Santa, here’s a favor. Please make Hakyeon hyung lovable so that Taekwoon hyung would go to him instead of Sanghyuk. That’s all.

The handsome and always dazzling,

Lee Hongbin

Dear Santa,

........................................................................

… -_-… -_-; ….

Duct tape (for Hakyeon’s mouth)

…preferably Gorilla tape.

… -_-…

Jung Taekwoon (the only normal one)


Author's Note:

...Yeah, don't ask... I also have no idea why I wrote that. OTL Anyway, I hope that it was funny anyway. ^-^

Merry Christmas~! <3 <3 <3 Happy holidays~! <3 <3 <3

Special thanks to Karenkitty1092 and marlia91 for upvoting! <3 (Also, thank you so much for always supporting my stories!)