006

Passerby

Did he do something wrong that made Kyuhyun left the room?

 

All he did was hugging him. Did that made Kyuhyun uncomfortable?

 

Part of him tells he shouldn’t have done that. But he had no choice but to do it since he needs something that can comfort him. He was in pain and didn’t realize what he’s doing. All he needs is something that could give him warmth, something that could make him forget the painful feeling, and unexpectedly, hugging Kyuhyun gives him the warmth he needs. But that warmth only stays shortly until, Kyuhyun left the room, leaving Siwon in guilty.

But, wasn’t that what lovers normally do? Like what he saw on television drama. He had accidentally watched a couple hug each other and cry together, sharing pain and happiness before starting a new life page.

“Don’t think too much...Don’t think too much... Right, maybe it’s because I’m doing it so sudden that—it made him uncomfortable.” Siwon murmurs.

But on the positive side, Siwon is sure that Kyuhyun will be back soon.

While waiting for Kyuhyun’s arrival for the second time, Siwon take the remote controller from the table beside him and switch on the television. He could finally sighs in relieve as he saw a channel that shows animals running around the African country, instead of an unusual drama he barely even watch.

However still, each minute passed, Siwon always leave his gaze from the television to the clock, wishing for Kyuhyun to come back sooner.

 

 

“Would you...do me a favor?”

Kyuhyun’s tone was serious. Donghae is s not sure however, he did not feel good about this. Unlike his humble reaction towards the people who usually made a favor, this, he couldn’t deny this horrid feeling. He could see it from Kyuhyun’s eyes. The look on Kyuhyun tells him something that he’s sure has meanings.

Donghae could only reply him with a nervous nod.

“Donghae-ssi, please return-“

Kyuhyun stops in the middle as his phone rings. He stands, giving Donghae a sorry look and walks further away from him, “I’m sorry, give me a minute.”

“Alright, take your time.”

Donghae sighs in relieve at the same time feeling his trembling hands. What was that about? Why was he so deeply nervous? It wasn’t like Kyuhyun will actually ask him unwanted favor. Sitting still he waits for Kyuhyun to finish the call.

“Sorry for the wait. Uhmm...Donghae-ssi, I need to leave now. Let’s talk about this another day or maybe next time. I’m really sorry about that.” Kyuhyun said in hurry. “It’s urgent.”

“Okay, no worries. I’ll be here everyday, unless my lazy working partner takes my place.” Donghae said cooly,“Take care!”

He watches as the latter walks in hurry until he disappears from his sight.

Donghae sighs again, since when did he gets this sighing habit? He looks over to the VIP door beside him and realizes that it was his new friend’s room.

“Maybe a little visit won’t be a problem.”

 

“Kyu...Donghae-ssi?”

 

Siwon exclaimed while tidying up the crumpled blanket, still it’s messy as always. With a smile he greets Donghae and the latter replies with a smile too.

“Are you expecting me to be Kyuhyun?” Donghae asks while chuckling.

“Uhm... Yeah...I’m waiting for him.”

“Oh?” Donghae mouth shaped O as he questioned, “I met him a while ago in the hall. He...” Should he tell him that Kyuhyun cried? Probably it was not a good idea, “He said he...needs to go somewhere and... it’s urgent.”

“Okay...” Siwon paused and continues, “Please take a seat.”

Donghae takes a seat on the sofa as soon as Siwon told him to.

“You...Do you mind if I pay a visit?” Donghae jokes,

“What’s with the question?” Siwon laughs, “Well, you are visiting me now.”

“Who knows you will kick me out soon.” Donghae said as he looks at the television, “What are you watching?”

“Just some animal stuff...It’s weird, I think I’m having an interest with horses.” Siwon shrugs, “How was your work? Any progress?”

“It’s the same as usual. I can’t seem to find the person I’ve been told to look for.” Donghae smiles in defeat, “Even so I had these several assumptions... I can’t just suddenly jump to conclusion saying that he’s forever missing or that he’s...dead. I’d be dead fried instead for thinking such thing.”

Hearing this, Siwon feels sorry for Donghae since he could feel the latter had been in such hard time these days.

“Just to search that person, I visited this hospital every single day. You know, even though it’s almost hopeless, I can’t just give up.” Donghae said as he slumps his head on the backrest of the couch, “Also, maybe the people from the hospital already recognizes me really well. Whenever I ask them the same question, they walk away as if I don’t exist. But what they’re doing is somewhat true. If I were them I would do the same. Who would want to answer the same question over and over again?”

“I would, why not?” Siwon asks back, “If a person needs help, you should help them while you can.”

“That’s true...Uh...” Donghae puzzled, removing his head from the backrest, now looking at Siwon, “What’s your name? You haven’t told me yours.”

“I haven’t told you mine?” Siwon ask, puzzled and gives a soft laugh. “It’s Choi Siwon.”

“Oh right...Then Choi Siwon-ssi...” Donghae paused as he realizes something off, then stands abruptly from the couch, off standing in front of Siwon.

Siwon looks at Donghae’s weird reaction. What is wrong with him? He thought and lifted one of his eyebrows.

“Siwon?! Choi Siwon?!” Donghae asked one more time and Siwon nodded as a reply, not saying a word since he’s really confused by all these.

“... It’s you... IT’S YOU! I’ve been searching for you all these entire time. I can’t believe it! I have to tell your brother about this.” Donghae exclaimed as he takes out his phone. “If I had known that your face seems really familiar... I can’t believe all these time I’ve been talking to the person that I’ve been searching for.”

“Wait...What do you mean?” Siwon asked as he’s nervous. The person that Donghae has been searching all these time was actually him?

“Siwon-ssi-“ Donghae paused, “Let’s drop the formalities. Siwon, your brother sent me here in search for you.”

“My...What...? Brother?” Siwon asked, “Donghae, I think you got the wrong person. I don’t have a brother.”

“Impossible. You said it yourself... your name is Choi Siwon.” Donghae frowns, and then shows a picture of Siwon and his brother. “Here, I can’t be wrong. That’s you and your brother.” He sighs. “This is what your brother sent me...The picture is not really clear since it was taken after your sister’s birthday party.”

“It could be another person-” Siwon paused yet still frozen on spot as what he saw on the picture was a guy who looks similar to him. He has a brother and sister? He can’t just believe on what Donghae said. This is such a big world and he can literally find a person name Choi Siwon everywhere. What Donghae told him can’t ever be true.

 

If he really has a brother and sister, Kyuhyun would have told him about it long time ago, unless if what Donghae said was true, why has Kyuhyun yet told him any of these?

 

 

Kyuhyun arrives in front of a fancy looking restaurant, even the title of it seems luxury, and he couldn’t imagine what’s inside this big restaurant building. Nevertheless, it was normal for him since he’s used to get invited to such restaurant.

For the caller who doesn’t talk much, with no greetings either, Kyuhyun is not one hundred percent sure knows who the caller was. What made him to arrive here was because of the caller’s voice. Even though the caller refused to admit its identity until they meet face to face, Kyuhyun was able to recognize the owner of the voice. And maybe this is the person that Ryeowook, his brother meant. He never thought he would receive this call earlier than he expected, which will be tomorrow or even months.

Kyuhyun takes a deep breath before taking a step inside the restaurant. He almost asks a table for two until he spotted a familiar figure on the corner, sitting alone while reading the menu book.

Kyuhyun then slowly approach the table.

“You’re here?” The person checks his watch and place the menu back on the table, “2 minutes late. Take a sit and order your food. Don’t ask me why I arrive here earlier...I know I’m used to be the one who arrived late.."

Kyuhyun just looked at him and take a sit.

"But...As the older one, I always know my dongsaeng hates waiting.”