Through Her Eyes | Jihyo x Jennie | 

Park Jihyo One-shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Summary: Park Jisoo, a Seoul Academy honors student with the heart of gold, has this secret that makes her different from a typical person. However, on a particular night, she finds out that she wasn't the only diverse one.

What did you wanted to be when you grow up, Dad?

...A hero but dreams don't always come true.

I can be the hero and make your dream come true!

You're too precious, Jihyo. But a hero is a dirty and unpredictable path.

I will still do it for you!

...thank you, Jihyo-ah. That means a lot to me.

Jihyo opens her eyes, meeting the same sight like every other morning. She must've fell asleep in the storage area while fixing the air conditioner all night. She sits up and stretches her arms and back, letting out a long yawn.

Then, the door to the storage area opens.

"Jihyo unnie?" A soft voice calls for her. Jihyo answers back.

"Yes, Tzuyu?" Jihyo turns her head to the top of the staircase to see a tall beauty. Her sun kissed skin shined through their muddy brown uniforms. Brown long locks flow down her back.

Tzuyu sighs, "What did I tell you about working too hard? Your bed is useless if you keep this up." Jihyo laughs sheepishly and grins.

"Sorry, Yu-ah~ I must've been too focused on fixing the air con." Jihyo tried to move on from the topic, "But Hey! At least, the air conditioner is fixed. We'll be good when the heat waves come around."

Tzuyu rolls her eyes, "Yeah, in seven months." What a sharp tongue she has, Jihyo muses amusingly. The latter looks at the girl.

"Making breakfast?" She asks, making the younger girl roll her eyes again.

"Yes, you better get ready before Nayeon unnie comes over and eats your share too." Tzuyu walks away, leaving Jihyo by herself. The older girl just sighs and falls back down onto the mat.

"Just another day..." She murmurs before proceeding to get ready for the school day.

_____________

"Tzuyuuuuu! Your cooking is so good! God, bless you!" Nayeon yells, stuffing her face in her share of the food. Tzuyu rolls her eyes, scooping rice for Jihyo who had just took her seat.

"And I hope you choke on your bowl of rice so I don't have to always prepare extra cups of rice." Tzuyu says dryly, handing Jihyo her bowl of rice. Jihyo accepts it with a thankful smile.

"Thanks Yu-ah. This looks really good. I wouldn't know what I'd do without you." She says truthfully, not catching Tzuyu's small smile when she complimented her. "But... is this not a burden to you? You always come here early in the morning to prepare food."

Tzuyu shakes her head, "No... it's okay. I enjoy coming here and cooking for you, unnie." Jihyo sends a happy smile at her.

"You're too kind."

"Well, I can't wait for tomorrow's food!" Nayeon chirps, wiping . Her dishes were wiped clean.

Tzuyu stares at the woman blankly before saying, "Don't worry about waiting. It's going to be nothing if you don't buy some groceries after school." Nayeon whines.

"Tzuyuuuu!" All she gets is a eye roll.

"If you keep on clearing out the fridge, you might as well fill it up." Tzuyu states, sitting down at the table to start eating her breakfast. Jihyo laughs at their bickering. It was always amusing to hear their banter.

"What did you plan on making, Yu-ah? I can go pick up groceries after school." Jihyo asks, taking a bite of her food. Tzuyu looks at her with pretend exasperation.

"Unnie, you are the one who is too nice. Nayeon unnie should really be the one to take responsibility." Tzuyu sighs and sips her warm tea.

Nayeon pouts as she carries the dishes to the sink. "Geez, I do take care of my responsibilities. I mean, look at Jihyo! She grew up to be a fine lady!"

Tzuyu snorts, "And what exactly did you do to help shape her? Other than teach her that survival of the fittest is the only way to survive the dinner table."

Nayeon lets out another whine and looks at Jihyo, "Why aren't you defending me? I do take care of you, Jihyo!"

Jihyo chuckles and agrees, "And she does."

Nayeon, finding herself at the losing end of the debate, proceeds to clean up and pack up for school. "Okay, Girls. I'm going to head off first. Make sure you get there on time but remember to take the main roads. Safety is more important. Also, don't forget your lunches because your health is important too. I'll come over for dinner so leave a portion for me. Bye girls!" She rambles very quickly before jetting out of the house in lighting speed.

Jihyo and Tzuyu watches the spot where the woman once was as they hear her motorcycle speeding off. Tzuyu turns her head to Jihyo, "How is she not arrested yet?"

Jihyo shrugs, finishing her tea, "It's a miracle."

____________

The two girls were walking to school together side by side. Jihyo, who appeared to be deep in her thoughts, glances at Tzuyu before sighing. "Tzuyu?"

"Yes, unnie?" Curious doe eyes look at her, making Jihyo gulp nervously.

"You know I really care about you, right Tzuyu?"

"Yes, you've told me multiple times on multiple occasions." Tzuyu remarked with an amused tone.

"Please... don't freak out if I tell you this."

"What is it?"

"I...I know that your brother is abusing you." This made Tzuyu stop in her steps, staring at Jihyo in horror.

"W..What? H-How did you—" Tzuyu's voice trembled terrible, causing the guilt in Jihyo to rise in seeing such a strong girl be reduced to a vulnerable mess.

"I noticed marks from time to time when you're over. I didn't assume at first... but your brother began to become obvious with his frustrations from my rejections. I'm so sorry..." Jihyo bows her head, feeling undeserving to look at the girl. She hears Tzuyu take a shaky breath.

"...why are you sorry?"

"Because I'm the reason you're hurt. I'm really sorry. It makes me think that I should just go out with him and—"

"No!" Tzuyu yells, interrupting and shocking Jihyo, and repeats in a quiet voice, "No, please don't do that just because you think it'll stop his behavior. It'll only fuel his ego more if you do."

"But... I feel so bad that you're getting hurt on my behalf. Is there anything that I can do?" Jihyo pleads to the girl with her eyes, earning a groan from the girl.

"You know I'm weak to those eyes.." Tzuyu exhales, "Maybe I can talk to Grandfather to consider staying with you." Jihyo perks up.

"Of course! That way, you'll be safe!" Jihyo smiles happily and holds Tzuyu's hand to give a squeeze, "You're always welcome in my home. My home is also yours."

Tzuyu squeezes her hand back.

"Thanks Jihyo unnie. You really are too nice."

______________

"Okay, So I'll see you later?" Jihyo says to Tzuyu, standing at the front of her classroom door. Tzuyu nods.

"See you after school, Jihyo unnie." Tzuyu replies, turning around and entering the classroom. Jihyo hears Tzuyu's classmates greet the girl and smiles as she leaves to attend her own class. At least, no one hurts her there.

____________

"You know, Jihyo... you can be too nice for your own good sometimes." Jeongyeon comments offhandedly, making tea. Jihyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter