01/02

Before It's Too Late

Kim Hyunjung or more known as Seola, an upright student, the perfect role model of all students, roomed with school's girl crush, Chu Sojung more known as Exy. The younger which is Exy, is a troublemaker, everyone's heartbreak and the most envied by most boys in the school. In just one glance from her, girls squeals in feels. And she is cold hearted, she don't give attention to anyone beside her circle and trusted friends.

And that's the reason Seola is kinda hated by most girls. She always got Exy's attention. Exy usually asks her if she's fine or if she wants anything.


Exy, on the other hand did this to get Seola's attention which she succeeded but not the kind of attention she wants from Seola. Exy likes Seola and it's even more harder for the younger since Seola is as straight as a ruler. And the older only thinks of her as a mere bestfriend. 

But Exy seems to have no chance over Seola already, seeing her walk hand in hand with a handsome nugu guy to the cafeteria, she knows she don't stand a chance anymore.


Seola walks to the table where Exy, Cheng Xiao, Eunseo, Dawon and Luda is seated, dragging the shy boy with her. Eunseo secretly looks at Exy who seemed to be looking at the new couple's direction. She knew about Exy's feelings for Seola, and she feels bad for her love of life, yes, Eunseo takes a liking to Exy not just because of her appearance but her personality, she knows Exy only acts cold towards others so that Seola will see that her feelings for her is true but Seola didn't even notice every single bit Exy did to her, but Eunseo did. Oh, how much she wanted to have someone like Exy.


"Hi guys, and I want to introduce someone to all of you, this is Hyungwon, Hyungwon this is Luda, Dawon, Cheng Xiao, Exy and Eunseo." Seola pointed her friends respectively.

The four of them greeted Hyungwon while Exy only gave him cold shoulder.

"Sojung ah, be nice it's my boyfriend." Seola scolded Exy which earned her a roll from the eyes. The couple sat down exactly infront of Exy and acts all lovey dovey immediately. Eunseo seemed to notice dark aura surrounding Exy so she tried to save the boy's life by..


"Sojung unnie, can you accompany me to the restroom." Eunseo said and offered her hand. Exy, who really wanted to get out from the table immediately accepted the offer and takes Eunseo's hand.


The two was fast to walk away from the table that they didn't notice the frown that was on Seola's face the second they walked away.


"Um, we all know how many hours Eunseo will spend on the restroom so we'll just keep going already." Luda said when she felt the awkward atmosphere that surrounding their table.


"But you two haven't talked to Hyungwon yet nor we are done eating lunch." Seola whined. Luda and Dawon just shrugged and goes to their own way. Seola sighed heavily. She somehow felt like they don't like Hyungwon as her boyfriend.


So the couple is left to eat their lunch.

 


While on the restroom, Eunseo was inside a cubicle while Exy is looking at herself in the mirror, in the verge of crying. She sniffed then wipe her eyes. 


When Eunseo got out the cubicle, she noticed from the mirror that Exy is crying, so she goes to her and patted her back softly.


"Just cry it out." Eunseo said, even though younger than Exy she is still taller than her.


"I-I'm not crying Eunseo, w-why should I cry?" Exy tried hard to act tough but Eunseo sees behind her facade. She smiled at Exy before muttering the name Exy loved wholeheartedly.

"Seola, Kim Hyunjung." 

 

And that's what it takes to release the dam Exy is holding from her eyes. She cried on Eunseo's shoulder and the taller don't mind. She wants Exy to know that she is there for her. Always.

 

 

Many weeks later, Seola and Hyungwon is still together but fights got more serious, and the reason is Hyungwon don't have time for the girl. Since Hyungwon joined their basketball team, Monsta X, they spend less time together. Exy was somewhat annoyed at the boy because Seola would sometimes arrive at their dorm crying. And Exy's most hated thing in the world is to see Seola crying.


Just like now, Seola and Exy on the couch cuddling with each other. Seola's head on Exy's chest while the younger is caressing her hair. Seola was crying and sniffing.


They fight again, Hyungwon chose to hangout with her teammates instead with Seola. Exy sighed heavily, she knows that she will never treat Seola like that and she will treat Seola like a princess. Exy will spoil Seola, but she thinks it will never happen. Seola's heart already belongs to that ungrateful brat.


Exy noticed that the older's breath has evened and thinks that she already slept. So she kissed the crown of her head then confessed. She really can't confess when Seola is awake. So she decided to confess and move on after.


"You know, I have been in love of you for a long time already and I tried so hard for you to notice, but you're so oblivious." Exy's voice cracked and she started tearing up.

"And it really hurts when you already have someone to love, and what really more hurts is that you love someone who is not deserving. If I was him, I w-would do anything to be with you, but sadly I'm not him." Exy inhaled sharply before speaking again.


"I was being cold to anybody because I want to let you feel that you're special for me, but no, you still didn't notice. Of course, because you're straight. Don't worry I won't bug you with my feelings anymore, I will move on." Exy said and kissed the crown of her head again before moving slowly to get out from their position. Exy needs to talk with Hyungwon.


What Exy don't know is that Seola was awake all the time.

 

She gets Seola's phone and searchs for Hyungwon's number, when she found it, she calls it with her own phone.


"Meet me at the school's gym, ALONE." Exy said sternly and ended the call immediately without waiting for his response. She gets her coat and leaves the dorm.


She left Seola wondering on herself.

 

Fortunately Hyungwon followed Exy's instructions and goes their alone. She was not there to fight Hyungwon but to educate him how precious Seola is.


"Don't worry, I'm not here to punch your ugly face." Exy said when she noticed the scared look in his face.


"I'm here to tell you to treat Seola as a princess, you know you don't even deserved her. But I'm not saying I deserved her, but please just treat her better." Exy sounds like begging, no she was actually begging.


Hyungwon just smiled at her.

"Why me when you can?" Hyungwon said, his gaze is soft.


"W-what?" Exy is confused.


"You see, I am acting cold towards her. I-i liked someone f-from our team, a-and I don't have the heart to break up with Seola, she's a great girl and all but I just can't keep living in lie, I really love Minhyuk. I act cold towards her so she'll be the one to break up with me." Hyungwon explained and it left Exy mouth open. The girl is speechless from the revelation.


Exy was staring too long that Hyungwon grew shy at her stare. He thought that Exy was judging him, but who was Exy to judge, she is also gay.


Exy noticed it then immediately looks away.

 

"So we're ok now?" Hyungwon asked, looking at everything but Exy. He just confessed his biggest secret to somebody he barely knew, he feels like he's in a big trouble.


"Y-yeah." Exy stuttered, obviously still shock from the revelation. The two is awkward at each other, so the girl decided to just go to her own way to think of something to do.


Exy was already on the doorway when she decided to speak.


"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." She said cooly and walked away.


When Exy is out of sight, the boy decided to leave the gym already when a panting Seola came in view, hands on the knees and is breathing hard. She looks like she just run a mile. Well, she really did.


"Where *deep breath* is Exy?" Seola was having a hard time talking due to her hard breathing.

"Hey, rest a little." Hyungwon chuckled.


When Seola regained her breath, she began speaking.


"So, where is she? Did the two of you fight? Are you hurt? Oh no, where is she, did y-you k-kill her??" Seola bombarded Hyungwon questions that the boy just shook her head.

 

"Haha she just left and no and another no and hell no." Hyungwon answered all of the questions once.


"Find her quick before it's too late." Hyunwon continued and Seola didn't waste any more minute and ran to find the said girl. She didn't even know why would she want to talk to Exy after her confession, she just feel like she need to give her an answer at least.


While running to wherever her feet brings her, she thought of a possible place where Exy would be right now. Knowing Exy for years, she knew that whenever the younger is sad, she goes to the school's rooftop.


When she arrives there, she collapses to the floor, the stairs are quite mad at her always. When she regained composure, she held the knob and was about to open it when she hears groan and moan, more in pain than pleasure. She was about to leave the place since she is sure that Exy isn't here when a familiar voice was pleading to someone.


"Sunbaenim, p-please sto-gaaaah!!" The familiar voice groaned out.

....
Minutes ago...

 

Exy was going to the rooftop to clear her mind when a certain group of girls spotted her. The girls were gangsters, and their leader takes a liking on Exy. She always force Exy to date her but she always rejects her rather hardly. The leader's name is Dani and with her is Soyeon, Suhyun and Seoyeon.


The leader smirked when she saw her going to the rooftop's direction.


"Girls, follow me." Dani ordered her gangmates which they happily obliged.

When the four girls arrived at the rooftop, they opened the door with a bang. Exy who was heavily thinking jumped in surprised.


"Well well, isn't this my beloved Chu Sojung." Dani said brattily. She motions her gangmates to pin Exy on the wall.

Exy groaned in pain, she squirms from their grip but failed miserably. She just spent all her energy from squirming.


Dani approached the helpless girl seductively, swaying her hips. She caresses Exy's cheeks softly going onto her neck to her chest downwards.


"Didn't I say that don't make me use force, but you still did. If I can't have you, then nobody should." Dani said before lunging herself to kiss Exy. The latter tried so hard to avoid her kiss but Dani slapped her and her decreasing energy isn't even helping. She just let her kiss her. She felt Dani's hands going south, under her pants and that's when she started crying and begging for her to stop.


.....


Seola opens the door slightly to make sure if it was Exy and what she saw literally broke her heart. Exy pinned on the wall by three girls while the other is harassing her.


She wants to help her helpless bestfriend but she can't, if Exy can't handle them how much more herself that she is weaker than Exy. She just watched her friend in agony, she is too late and she is blaming herself for it.

.....