The Return

Karma Café II (5 Years Later)

 

BGM: Winner - Empty & Fort Minor - Where'd You Go

 

AH YA YA YA YA, I KEEP ON HOPING WE’LL EAT CAKE BY THE OCEAN!

 

Baekhyun awoke to the sound of his loud cell phone ring. His short pair of arms stretched towards the desk beside the bed to reach for it. It took a few moments before he finally could put the cell phone to his ear.

 

“Hello?” Baekhyun answered with his gravelly morning voice.

 

“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!”

 

It only took a few seconds for Byun Baekhyun to become fully awake and he immediately sat up, knocking off the thick blanket that covered his body.

 

After the phone disconnected, Baekhyun threw his phone aside, getting up and slipping his boxers on immediately. His sudden noisy movements earned a loud groan from the person sleeping beside him.

 

“Why are you up so early?” The person asked with droopy eyes.

 

“Luhan’s back, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun deadpanned after he put on his shirt.

 

Chanyeol, the guy on the bed, rubbed his face. “What? But Sehun didn’t say anything about him coming back to Seoul anytime soon.”

 

Baekhyun shrugged. “That’s the problem. Luhan came alone and Henry called me to visit the café right now.”

 

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes as he slowly sat up, his back against the headboards. “Are you really serious? I mean is everything okay between them?”

 

“That’s what I need to find out. I’ll take a bath first okay?” Baekhyun walked towards the door but Chanyeol’s long arms had grabbed him and forced the shorter male to stop in his tracks.

 

“Morning kiss?” Chanyeol begged with shimmering puppy eyes.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and sighed in defeat. He cupped Chanyeol’s face and kissed the crown of the latter’s head.

 

Chanyeol whined hoping the kiss would have landed somewhere else instead of his head and Baekhyun couldn’t help but let out  a loud chuckle.

 

“You ing know it, I don’t like morning breath.” Recollecting himself from his laughter, Baekhyun scolded his boyfriend and continued in his tracks.

 

“I love you, Baek.” Chanyeol stated and glanced over Baekhyun’s back, with a little bit of hope. He said it in a low voice and Baekhyun could feel the sincerity.

 

Stopping his hand at the door knob, Baekhyun turned around to face Chanyeol, smiling widely.

 

“I know.”

 

With that small reply, Baekhyun went out from the bedroom, while Chanyeol was left feeling a little hurt on the inside.

***

“How is he?”

 

Minseok asked Henry when the latter came to the coffee corner of the café.

 

“He avoided all of my questions and is now pretending to sleep.” Henry sniffed in annoyance.

 

“Coffee?” Minseok offered a fresh brewing coffee.

 

Henry shook his head. “No. I need something stronger. Taeyong-ah! Bourbon, neat!” He shouted across the café towards the bar.

 

The bartender, identified as Taeyong, tilted his head, searching for the voice to find his Boss sitting at the coffee corner.

 

“Wait a moment, Boss!” The young bartender replied as his hands worked for the order.

 

It didn’t take long for Taeyong, as he brought the drink to Henry. Mouthing a thank you, Henry finished the Bourbon in one shot.

 

“Bad day Boss?” Taeyong asked. “It’s still daylight.”

 

“Hmmm,” Henry murmured and handed the empty glass back to Taeyong.

 

“Fighting!” Taeyong patted his Boss’s shoulders and went back to the bar.

 

“Do you think something bad happened between Luhan and Sehun?” Henry asked Minseok.

 

Minseok sighed. “Maybe, since Luhan suddenly returned without Sehun.”

 

“But they’re so in love and even planning the wedding soon!” Henry squawked and frowned afterwards.

 

“Can you just use your divining power on Luhan? You’re stronger than him.” Minseok gave an idea.

 

“Divining is different with mind reading Minseok-ah!” Henry explained to the barista with a shrug.

 

Minseok sighed in exasperation when their conversation was cut when Jisoo, one of Karma Café’s waiters, appeared.

 

“Boss, Customers.” Jisoo handed Henry a paper with some writing on.

 

“Choi Seungcheol and Choi Hansol. August 8 and February 18,” Henry read the paper and thought for a moment.

 

“Choi Seungcheol was a royal swordsman and Choi Hansol was a rich landlord during Joseon era. Serve the swordsman with pan-fried dory and wagyu steak for the landlord.” Henry told Jisoo.

 

“Alright Boss.” Jisoo having written down Henry’s reading, went to the kitchen to give to the chefs.

 

“We need to stop talking about Luhan for now,” Minseok advised, after he saw more customers walking in. The café soon filled with the sound of boisterous laughter and a plenteous amount of individuals conversing in a not-so-silent manner.

 

Henry nodded in agreement. “Yeah, let’s focus on the work for now.”

 

“And wait until Baekhyun’s here.” Minseok added.

***

“Do you think something happened between Luhan Hyung and Sehun?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun, where they both currently sitting inside the kitchen.

 

“I have no idea,” Baekhyun answered after he snatched an apple from the refrigerator. “Have you talked with Sehun recently?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “We’re currently too busy managing our own lives. How about you and Luhan Hyung?”

 

“Same,” Baekhyun said nonchalantly and bit into the apple.

 

“I should go home now and drive Jimin to his dance school.” Chanyeol told Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun, currently rents and resides in a small apartment not too far from Karma Café and Chanyeol’s home. Although, Chanyeol likes to sleepover, a lot and they technically spend more time there since Chanyeol’s house is crowded with his family, particularly Park Jimin; the noisy younger brother who likes snooping around Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s relationship. He now attends high school and takes an extra course at a dance school. Dance, always being Jimin’s passion.

 

“Okay then, see you later?”

 

Baekhyun leaned forward and pressed his lips onto Chanyeol’s. The kiss was slow and soft. The latter's hand rested below Baekhyun’s ear, his thumb caressing the other's cheek as their breaths mingled. Baekhyun ran his slender fingers down Chanyeol’s spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them.

 

“I love you,” Chanyeol breathed out and stared at Baekhyun with glazy eyes after they broke the kiss.

 

Baekhyun flashed a tiny smile and kissed Chanyeol’s cheek. “Talk to you later. Bye Chanyeol-ah.”

 

Chanyeol nodded and waved his hand.

 

Twice.

 

It’s been twice today that Baekhyun hasn’t replied to the words of I Love You.

 

Even after these five years, Chanyeol couldn’t remember Baekhyun replying or saying those words back to him…

***

Amsterdam, 08.00 AM

 

Sehun bounced happily when he finally arrived at the apartment he rented together with Luhan in Amsterdam. They chose Amsterdam because it’s the capital city and such a nice place, but since Sehun went to Leiden University, he had to live in campus dorms, in Leiden. He wanted to give a surprise to Luhan so he didn’t inform him of his arrival.

 

How surprised Sehun had felt when he found the apartment so quiet.

 

“Luhan?” Sehun called as he entered every room inside the apartment but only to find Luhan nowhere.

 

Did he go somewhere? Sehun thought. But soon worry took over him as he saw inside the cupboards. All of Luhan’s clothes gone and left empty spaces beside his own clothes.

 

Confused, Sehun took his phone out and dialed Luhan’s number.

 

“The number you’re calling is currently unavailable. Please try again later.”

 

Sehun ended the call in frustration. Hearing a knock on the door, he immediately went to answer.

 

“Hey, Sehun.” A blonde girl stood in front of Sehun.

 

“Sharon! Hey, do you know where Luhan is? I can’t reach him and he isn’t here either.” Sehun asked the girl. Sharon is their neighbour that lives beside their unit.

 

“I’m sorry, but I think Luhan left yesterday. Anna saw him and she saw… he brought his luggage.” Sharon explained.

 

“Anna? Your daughter?”

 

“Yes. Anna just went to school when she saw Luhan leaving and she just told me. I’m sorry, if I had knew earlier maybe you could have met him and stopped him. Did you fight with each other?”

 

“No, we’re fine!” Sehun shook his head vigorously.

 

Sharon flashed a compassionate smile. “Okay then. Whatever happens, I hope the best for you and Luhan.”

 

“Thanks Sharon.” Sehun murmured, giving a small smile, as he massaged his temples.

 

What happened Luhan? Where are you?

***

Finally it's chapter 1! Yeah… the starter are Baekyeol and Hunhan. Don't worry other pairings are coming together with more dramas so fasten your seatbelt XD Thank you so much for my amazing beta reader Dee aka Maybe_Im_Me❤ I hope you guys will enjoy this story as much as you enjoy Karma Café and supporting me as well! :)

Baekhyun's cell phone ringtone is song from DNCE - Cake By The Ocean and Sharon is portrayed by blonde Emma Stone.

Don’t forget to subs, upvotes, and leave lots of kind comments!❤❤❤

- secretyeoja -