My "6" yo Wife?...Husband?

My "6"yo Wife?...Husband?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk sat in the backseat of the car with Henry and Sungmin and sighed loudly for the umpteenth time in the past hour. Henry and Sungmin both covered their mouths to keep from giggling at their friend. Leeteuk glanced back in the rear-view mirror and chuckled slightly at the sight of his unhappy brother. They were on their way to Heechul’s house for Mir’s sixth birthday party…or rather, as Mir insisted, the wedding.

The day had finally come where Mir and Eunhyuk would be joined together in holy wedlock and everyone was looking forward to it. The kids had been dressed in their best clothing, as Mir had insisted, and instead of birthday presents, everyone had gotten ‘wedding gifts’ instead. They were going all out to make this day the best birthday wedding in Mir’s entire life.

“Hyukkie, you have the rings?” Minnie asked, glancing over to his friend. Eunhyuk nodded and reached into his pocket and pulled out two rings.

Now, these rings were the most important part of the wedding. He had even bought them himself from one of the little gumball machines. Each cost him twenty-five cents, which he had earned himself by putting the clean dishes away for his brother. One had a little puppy dog face on it and the other had a monkey face. They were really high class rings too, with silver paint to make it look like real steel. Mir was going to love them.

“Umma, are we almost there?” Henry asked, for the fifth time since they’d left.

“Not yet, Henry, we still have to stop at the store to pick up the birthday cake,” Leeteuk responded to him.

“You mean the wedding cake,” Eunhyuk corrected him.

“Exactly,” Leeteuk replied. It was true, too. It wasn’t a birthday cake; Heechul had ordered a little wedding cake for his son. There wouldn’t be candy letters saying “Happy 6th Birthday, Mir!” but instead silver icing letters that spelled out “Congradulations, Hyuk & Mir!”. Because Heechul insisted on going all out for this.

They drove for another half hour before Leeteuk pulled into the parking lot of the local market store. He turned off the car and then walked around to the other side to open the door for the kids, who all filed out one by one and followed him into the store. He made them hold hands so they wouldn’t get separated as they headed to the backside of the store. While he went up the counter to get the cake, the tree boys, still holding hands, walked around to look at all the colorful cakes, cookies, and other sweets in the display case.

“Hyung, I want cupcakes,” Henry said, tugging on Sungmin’s arm.

“Henry, it’s not your birthday yet so you have to wait,” Sungmin replied, trying to act like an adult since he was the oldest.

“But Mir will want cupcakes,” Henry tried to pursued him. Really, he just wanted to eat the cupcakes that were decorated like animals. There was a squirrel one, and Henry loved squirrels.

“Henry, if you eat anymore sweets you’ll turn into a squirrel,” Eunhyuk said, pulling them away from the display case and back over to his brother.

“Umma, I wanna see the cake,” Henry said, looking up at Leeteuk hopefully.

“You can see it later, let’s keep it a surprise for now,” Leeteuk replied as they headed back to the car.

“Yeah, you don’t want to ruin Hyuk’s wedding, do you?” Sungmin said as they buckled up.

“It’s not my wedding, its Mir’s,” Eunhyuk corrected him.

“Well you’re getting married too, so it’s your wedding,” Henry argued as they headed out of the parking lot.

“It’s both their wedding, stop fighting,” Leeteuk said to them. Eunhyuk sighed loudly and slid down in his seat, not looking forward to today at all. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to get married, Mir would make the perfect wife, he was just having cold feet. He was nervous that he would mess up his vows that Mir had written (well said, Henry had written them) and told him to memorize. And what if Mir decided to back out at the last minute and leave him standing at the altar.

Eunhyuk had done his homework and watched all those weird American romance wedding movies Mir had instructed him to watch, to ‘prepare’ him mentally for what was to come.

It was another fifteen minutes before they’d finally arrived at the house and as soon as the car was parked, both Sungmin and Henry raced into the house, eager to see the rest of their family. Eunhyuk was slower

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter