final

From Zero to Hero

Did i.. managed to stop it? For once after a while, the only chance i can able to show him how much i cared behind every silly thing we had done. Hey.. Minhyuk ah.. Don't cry.. Move on without me alright, as long as you remembered me. I'm your hero, your angel and your protector now. Amen.

-

Nothing normal than a typical morning but.. 

"Give me back the book you damn it," i shouted in the morning at my house with him interfering my stuff to pack for school. Yup, changed to slightly smaller bag than usual because why not? It's holiday soon and graduating with this mean boy, Lee Minhyuk. 

Lee Minhyuk and Kim Arin, nothing come in between us and hey, don't think in a wrong way. We are "just friends" or "best friend". But the funny part is that both of us friendzoned each other and we know it. I watched him in and out with different type of girls, while there is me.. Not saying that i don't have a boyfriend, YET, but maybe because I'm not pretty like those girls that he dated before. 

Maybe because, my feeing is just only for Minhyuk but who knows, i don't think he will ever know about it. As i mean we known each other ever since elementary school to university now, classmates and neighbors all the way especially when our parent are best friends too. 

Okay, back to where i am, wait it's at home with him while both our parent are away for the whole few month. "I'm not giving you back this 'book' you have been hiding from me since small, you little dwarf," he mocked at me but when he was about to open the book, i immediately kicked his legs hard and grab the book quickly. "Sorry not so sorry but not a good time for you to read," sticking my tongue out while Minhyuk was groaning from the pain. 

Even though he was staying over my house because he knew i can't be alone and not the first time he have slept over, he can almost go through everything i have except this book i have been holding. Something you might be curious by the end of the day but not now. 

We walked together while nudging to each other until one of the girl that Minhyuk is currently dating come in between us instead at the side and pushed me away hard. Shooting an invisible laser on her when she pushed me away but Minhyuk saw it and mumbling a word sorry to me. It's not a first time but then i decided to let two of them go while i walked behind them slowly and crossing my arms. 

I'm somewhat an anti social not because I'm shy but because of their arrogant and gossip around. It's like all the girls in the class are all about boys, shopping, gossip, makeup, dresses and even urgh something i don't really want to know. While there is me, I'm just about books, anime and some sport. 

Weird for a girl but i mean I'm not the only one at least, like some nerds people too. Forget about that, in no time while arriving to school with few students rushing in before the gate closed, casually walk to the lecture room and sit behind him. Well that's always my seat from then and now, that's way i can disturb him while getting him into little trouble sometimes. 

But not today, something just make me feel weird out of nowhere and discomfort heart. I'm sure i am not sick but it make me feel cautious for the upcoming event will be happening in few days or weeks. 

Till the last bell rang, everyone quickly packed their stuff and went out of the room fast but not for me. I don't know why i felt like this for the whole day, i even burst out my anger which i don't usually do to Minhyuk but once he realised I'm mad out of nowhere, depending on his mood so which mean today he just left me to eat with his 'girlfriend'. 

While i am still here, alone in the room and the silent around make me feel little panicking. I thought my eyes and my mind was just playing a trick during the lesson and everything but no, it keep replaying the same scene and sometimes to different scene at the same time. No words can express this feeling I'm going thru. No one can ever understand this weird feeling I'm having. 

Nobody, not even him.

It's sudden snapped and stop the scene when Minhyuk suddenly snapped his finger in front of my face and i look at him with unknown face. First he looked worried and secondly, "Hey Arin, are you okay? You look like you are not yourself today, from walking to school till now.."

I wanted to scream, i wanted to laugh like it's nothing happened to me and i wanted to just nudge him and jokingly say I'm just practicing to act for real. 

Instead, i ended up bursting out of tears and cry out of nowhere which made Minhyuk shocked than usual. I'm not a type to cry easily or anything but this is out of nowhere and too sudden. I can't help it, the weird feeling and the scene that was replayed just now especially when the only person that only appeared... is the person who in front of me. 

Don't tell me that it's telling me that instead of me, he will save me? No.. It can't be.. No..

I'm still crying, i covered my face with my face and the longest i am still crying. He panicked a bit but he went to sit next to me and pulled me into a hugs without caring whoever watching us. To him, his promise ever since we were young was "no matter what, my Kim Arin will come first. I'm always your hero."

Slowly the time clicking and passing by, i finally calmed myself and pulled away the hugs but the first i was greeted after pulling the hugs from him was a slap by that aka his 'girlfriend'. I was mad at the same time confused yet i wanted to get up and slap her back but Minhyuk was a step faster. He was more furious than me and she was shocked of his reaction. Lee Minhyuk, a guy who don't really get mad easily, is really furious than anything. He seriously pointed the door behind her and asked to leave as well as.. 

"Let's break up," he said and her reply was "why?" His answered shocked both of us and I was taken aback. "Whoever hurt my Kim Arin is also same as you are hurting me. No matter my girlfriend or friend, one slap or anything injured her will get worse from me. This is not a first time you have hurt her, i have been watching you from the start when you dated with me. I tried to hold in because she told me not to burst or anything but today, you have reached my limit and i don't give a what is your answer but i know this is it. Get out from my sight onwards and don't you ever come near me or her again. Even if i hear you spread any rumors around or anything about us, just watch out. I don't care you are a girl but anything happened to her will get it from me."

That's it. My mind went blank for a moment till he decided to leave first, leaving her behind. He quickly grab my bag and carried both while holding my hand to walk out of the room. 

He is still holding my hand and he was walking little faster than usual. I just have to follow him to the place he dragging me and we ended up at the park further away from our school. He stopped, still breathing heavily from anger and the tiredness from walking fast. 

"Why..?" The first thing i said after he let go of my hand and his back facing me. I was scared and i ended up looking at the floor holding on my tears. Without knowing at he turned around to look at me, rubbed my arms and pull me into a hugs. I didn't budge or anything but i just let my tears fall silently while his hand reached on my head to caress it. 

"I'm sorry i couldn't protect you early. I'm just being a jerk who don't see his angel in front of him," he said while his eyed slightly forming a tears. Pulled back the hugs and lift my chin up to look at him, i was surprised at the same time happy to be with him. Slide my hand to caress his cheek and watch his tears fall and i softly said, "no.. It's supposed to be my turn to protect you, i know i haven't a promise for both of us but this time, for real.. 

I will protect you instead, that is my return promise this time round."

And it's really happened.

I woke up with a nightmare and Minhyuk was the first thing to run into my room as well as jump onto my bed to check if I'm fine. Even tho i tried to convince that i'm fine, here he is telling me tons of words like a mother do to the daughter. From the intense sweat i have, slight fever and paler look than usual,

Minhyuk still doesn't want to leave my side and ended up sleeping beside me. 

Well, say the person who got nightmare is actually watching him fallen asleep first. I leaned closer to him and caress his hair, he secretly smiled and slide his arms to wrap around my waist which have make me in shocked of his sudden action while being pulled much closer. 

"I'm truly sorry Arin ah.." he mumbled softly that i can hear the words slightly, i replied with a why but my mind decided to assume him sleep talking when he replied the same words just now. 

Next morning on weekend, i woke up by the bright sunlight from the window and a warmth arm wrapped around my waist. I stretched my arms and legs along with my body before turning around but i was greeted with his smiling face and he said, "Good morning, is your nightmare gone now?"

"How long have you been awake?" I asked while wrapped my arm around his neck while caressing his hair. It's supposed to feel normal but today, it feel weird that this is the closest distance between us and especially.. 

Our faces are like about an inch away. I can feel his breath and so does him.

Suddenly both of us feel awkward, or maybe it just me. Minhyuk was leaning his face much closer to me and by instinct of mine, i just closed my eyes and praying nothing happened, yet.. 

He kissed my lips, and the scene started to play in my mind again.

I cried again, i pushed him away, i jumped out of the bed, run to the bathroom and locked the door. I leaned my back to the door and slowly flopped down to the floor while crying. 

He was shocked, i was terrified. He was confused, i was panicking. He was thinking the normal way, i was thinking in impossible way. Because.. 

It's the day. It's going to happen and it's the only way i can stop this a step faster than him.

I washed my face and calmed myself before exit the bathroom, Minhyuk couldn't stop worrying about me and keep asking some questions if I'm fine or maybe on my period or what not. 

Instead, i just smiled and acted nothing happened. Maybe i just literally told him off while making my period as an excuse. I mean, the only choice to avoid by saying for the period mood swing. 

So we ended up being washed up by our own and outside now, which we are walking towards a cafe along the street. I can't help it, i need to hold back the tears. Because the place is exactly what the scene i saw and so does the action we are now. 

I need to control myself, especially when I'm with him now. I need to maintain my expression, i nned to act and i need to be calm. "Are you still okay? Even though i want to let you stay at home but not today, it's been a while i have this outing with you," Minhyul casually said it while wrapping his arms around my shoulder and mess up my hair but eventually pat it to make it look nice. 

Causally drinks our coffee, naturally walk along the street like nothing happened, the scene didn't show these part yet but the weird and tensed feeling in my heart won't be gone. Until he said he saw this shop across the road and wanted to buy something for me. 

Road, accident, blood and faint noises..

I started to panic, he slowly stepped onto the road and the car on the left was speeding. Everything was like slowly moving slowly, just like in the drama or movie. I called him, he didn't hear and continue walking, this was the scene i saw. 

I'm not gonna let this happen. Never. 

I ran before the car getting nearer as i instantly pulled him back but my leg decided to give in and..

CLASH! 

A loud noises that catches everyone's attention, as well as him. Minhyuk fall on his but his eyes was focusing on one thing and the only person that saved him.

Blood everywhere, alarms everywhere and soft chattering, he slowly get up to take a look who was it but to his shock, he immediately cry and scream while running towards me who is laying on the floor lifeless. He doesn't care if the blood gonna stain on his clothes or body, the only thing in his mind is just me. 

Slowly kneeling down before me and softly pulled me up to his lap. I could still breath yet my heart is beating slowly, i could still see but it's hurt and i could still move my mouth yet... No words have been said to express how painful it is but relieved that he could still be alive. 

"Somebody call the ambulance please. Arin, breath with me, Arin ah..." he still crying while shouting for help even tho some have called the ambulance for him. He couldn't believe his eyes and he feel regretting. I tried to move my hand even though it's really hurt, nothing can stop me to caress his cheek and wipe of his tears. 

"Minhyuk, don't cry.. I'm always here, forever wi--" i couldn't finished my words, my eyes closed shut and my hand fall automatically as well as my mind went blacker than usual. 

Minhyuk's eyes widen as he realised the fact that i'm gone, just right when the ambulance came and take both of us away from that place. I thought, that's it? For me? I'm still around, as a soul but my body is still there with him. I want to hugs him and say I'm fine. I can't, he have to move on without me.. I don't even think I'm able to come back to this world again.. I'll miss you.. 

A few month later..

"Minhyuk ah! Come out, you have been in the room for long and have some proper meal," my mother said as he choose to stay at my place without able to move on with the fact I'm officially gone. 

Lingering around my room and sleeping on the bed we last shared when i had my nightmare. My nightmare become his nightmare too. Tossed around the bed until something just dropped on the floor. 

A book.. It's stated "Property of Kim Arin and the Memory of Love"

He recalled back and remembered why i'm not allowed him to read or even see for once. But to him, he think he able to read without me and he naturally opened the book from the start while sitting on the bed. 

He smiled, after a few month ago and now, he finally smiled when he first saw the exact date that both of them met along with a small photo at the side. "First meeting with cute boy, but he bullied me," he laughed on that little title on the side which make him remembered back then. 

All the memories, little notes and some diary words with little candid photo of them on every and each day. Now he knows why i keep bugging him everyday for at least one photo of us together and one candid each, all kept to remember each and every precious moment. 

Until he was on the second last page, the day where he broke up with his girlfriend after slapping me and next day before an accident. There was some dried tears on both page and a missing photo on the last page, that strike Minhyuk badly when he read it;

"The day where i got my nightmare and the day i got slapped for nothing. More of because she was jealous of me and Minhyuk, fyi i was jealous longer than you . But it's okay, he cured me and the day where we hugged the longest as well as the longest that he have never let go of my hand. Nothing can expressed how happy i was until i remembered what just happened. I can't write it, i can't described it and i'm sure it will go away soon."

He was laughing yet crying at the same time, blaming himself for not giving much attention to me and at the same time always with his tons of different girlfriend while letting me feel the jealousy in that way. But not till he read the last page before the accident occured that day and his hand was covering his mouth as he read it;

"It's d-day.. The day where my nightmare come true and the day I might not able to see him again, but somewhere I will protect him as promised. When i read back this whole book for a memories, i really love those days and i always missed it. As well as... He took my first kiss after a while but when the kiss happened, it's my nightmare preventing it. I lost my mind and i regretted not kissing back. If only i don't have this nightmare.. Minhyuk ah, i need to guess.. By the time i finished writing, I'm sure you already read the whole book and know this last page before I'm gone for real. Don't cry, move on without me and find someone better than me. I know it's too late but Minhyuk, ever since we were in high school together, i developed a crush on you but i have no gut to tell you. Until now, I'm sorry it have to be this way. I love you, that's all i want to say. Move one without me, be a hero for someone new and catch your dream without me.

Don't stop just because I'm no longer with you, I'm always watching you and protecting you in silent. I guess my last promise came true huh? I'm your hero and so does you. Lee Minhyuk and Kim Arin, hero for one and another."

 

 

The End.