Final

Dance With Me

 

Saerom was frustrated. She had been stuck in the practice room for nearly 4 hours and she still looked the same as before. No passion, no emotions filled in the dance. It was not that she did not enjoy dancing, she truly does but maybe it was just that she was not good at displaying emotions. She was never the type to show what she felt, how she felt. She picked up dancing in order to maybe improve on that part but did it help? Nope. Not at all.

 

She sighed as the cool aircon blew on her sweaty arms. Her flannel long chucked aside, leaving her in her crop top and sweatpants. Her long hair tied up in a ponytail, some sticking at the back of her neck. She leant on the wall, sliding down as she stared at the reflection in the mirror. 

 

Was this a way to tell her that she was not fit for dancing? 

 

She wiped her sweat away from her face, suddenly the doors swung open and in came a very familiar boy with his muscle tee and duffle bag. 

 

"Oh- hello sunbaenim," she bowed, feeling shy at the sudden presence of the boy. 

 

"Saerom-sshi... right? Hello," the corners of his lips rising up slightly, greeting. Saerom took a sharp intake of breath. 

 

There in front of her was Park Ji Min, only one of the top dancers known in the dance studio. She had seen him practice countless of times but his group (BTS)'s dance room was off-limits to most of the visitors or members because of the privacy they needed. She never thought that they'd be in the same room. She felt as if god was toying with her emotions. The way her heartbeat picked up just of his mere presence. Not only that but, he knew her name. The Park Ji Min. She didn't know what to do now that he was in the room with her. Better yet, why was he in the room? BTS' dance studio was located at the other end of the hallway. There was no way he had mistaken the dance rooms with his. 

 

"Continue what you were doing," he smiled softly, plopping down on the couch located at the back of the studio. Saerom hesitantly went towards the audio system where the monitor showed 'Wedding Dress' by Taeyang. Their monthly evaluation was the week after and the team for that monthly evaluation was 'Sorrow'. She didn't know how to display the emotion. Was it because she just began dancing without the basics? Was that her problem? She didn't know. 

 

Jimin leant back, his gaze fixed on the girl as she stretched herself as the introduction of the song began. Saerom was cautious and worried as she danced to the music. Her eyebrows furrowed as she moved accordingly to what she had come up with. Her nervous glances towards Jimin made her steps flatter, though Jimin's face stayed unchanged. As soon as the song ended, she breathed in deeply, turning to Jimin. 

 

He was biting his lower lips, arms folded which caused his muscles to tense. It was silent for a few moment until he opened his mouth, "You don't know the pain do you." 

 

She bit her upper lips, a habit she has when she was nervous. He cocked his head to the side, blinking once and fixated his gaze on her. 

 

"U-uh, what?"

 

"The pain.

When someone you truly love is together with someone else?

When someone you truly love is in love with another?

When someone you truly love, finds you every time when she's in despair but leaves you when all is fine?

That pain we feel when that person is wedded to someone else and you know you can never have her again?"

 

Saerom was speechless. The grief-stricken face of him made her believe he had experienced this himself. Definitely, she could never imagine someone going through so much pain alone. 

 

"Come," he snapped out of his trance, blinking twice then stood up. He placed aside his jacket, swept his hair back and tightened the ties of his sweatpants.

 

"What?" 

 

He chuckled, "I'll help you."

 

With that, he grabbed her two hands, his body fitting hers from behind. It seemed like he was her shadow from the mirror despite the fact that she was smaller. A trait she used to hate but she mentally thanked god because it would have been awkward if she had been taller or bigger. Her hands, though, was the same size as his. He seemed to have memorised her dance at the one glance. The song seemed to play again, and he guided her through it. His moves with softer compared to her, a lot gentler than coming out as bold and aggressive. There was the aggressive-sorrow (somewhat that she felt it was krumping), and the soft sorrow, somewhat the dance that she felt it fit as modern. 

 

Can't believe what's goin' on 
Gotta keep my cool, be calm 
When I heard you and he was screamin' out of control 
All I can think about is "No, no, no... he won't 
hurt the one I've cared for so long, long... Hell, no." 
I know we're done, and now it's none of my concern but how 
can
two be windin' out from only weeks in goin' out 
Just makes me feel that what we had was real 
Could it be or is it too late? (Oh, oh baby) 

 

He guided her along as she stared at their reflection. His eyes locked on hers and she felt the pain he delivered to her. The glossy eyes that stared back and gripped tighter onto her hands. She suddenly flashback to the moment when she remembered seeing her first love breaking up with her and leaving her for her best friend. That moment when she caught them snuggling in the school library. That moment when he had brushed her off when she said those three words. That moment when her best friend stopped hanging out with her. That moment when she had the cheek to invite Saerom to their wedding merely 4 days ago. It seemed like that triggered the whole thing, and as Jimin let her go slowly, the pair separated but he stilled shadowed her movements from behind, equally in despair. 

 

I've never felt so strong 
Life can lead us to a happiness never ending 
If we just know that we belong to each other 
Never worry, grow as we go 
See you in your wedding dress 
I can see you in your wedding dress 
Never let go... never let go

 

When the last sentence trailed off, she was on her knees, looking down, gripping her pants tightly while Jimin was behind her, his arms tightly wrapped from her shoulder and her stomach. His head rested on her shoulder, staring at her. 

 

"BRAVO!" A voice surprised the two, causing them to jump up and away from each other. 

 

"Jimin-ie! Amazing as usual. Oh and you, oh my goodness, I've never felt such a rollercoaster of emotions before!" the unknown male exclaimed, wiping his 'tears' with his finger.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Um, Saerom-sshi, this is Hakyeon hyung. He's a close friend and a teacher of xxx Academy. Hakyeon hyung, this is my junior, Saerom," Jimin introduced, scratching the back of his head.

 

"xxx Academy?" she squeaked.

 

"Cute. Yes, dear! And I am sure that your ability is needed in our academy! The girls these days are all y and cute but you'd be a fit and be an example of the opposite!" he clapped his hands.

 

"Hyung-"

 

"Please. Stop by the Academy tomorrow and we can discuss everything. Now, I have a date with my dear Taekwoon-ie. I'll see you tomorrow, hon. Oh, and Jimin-ah, I am disappointed. How could you not tell me about such talent!" He passed her a card. The golden card where she had always wanted to get.

 

"Hyung-"

 

"Oh! I'm late. Bye you two," he waved then was off before they could say anything. 

 

"Well, good.... good job. You did well," he meekly commented.

 

"Thank you," she muttered. 

 

"Um, Saerom-sshi" -she glanced up awkwardly, fiddling with her thumb- "Would you like to go for a drink?" His cheeks pinked as he avoided her gaze.

 

A smile broke out and she nodded shyly, "Sure."

 

Who knew, a night in the studio practising gave her a chance to the best dance school in South Korea.... and an adorable boyfriend.

 


Sorry for the late update. I lost my draft because my laptop broke the other day when I fell down with it down the stairs o.o". Hope you enjoy it !!

 

P.S. I was thinking of making a sequel where Jimin and Saerom would head to the wedding. But please, pardon for my late updates for my workplace is getting chaotic this month.