Chapter VI - Pawsibly in Love

Treat for Two

= Chapter VI =

Pawsibly in Love

I’ve never felt it until now
My heart is about to burst I can’t take it anymore

 

 

Even though Hyejin was the one who had the nightmare, Jinki was the one who didn’t sleep at all that night.

The moon lamp wasn’t turned off anymore, and Jinki hugged Hyejin against him, caressing her back until she relaxed against his body.

“Aren't you going to ask me about it?” She whispered after a while and he moved his head on the pillow so he could look at her.

“It was only a nightmare.”

She wasn't sure if it was only a nightmare. She had it for years now and it was becoming more vivid. It was also probably the reason she was so afraid of the dark. Hyejin could swear she saw blue eyes looking at her.

“I have this nightmare for so many years now that I wonder if there is any secret meaning behind it.”

His voice was low and y and Hyejin swallowed when he spoke “What is it about?”

“There is this creature scratching the door of the closet where I am hiding. I'm still a little girl. Sometimes it runs after me.”

He could taste the fear in her and she was only talking about it. “What kind of creature?”

If there was someone that knew about creatures it was him.

“I don't know. I can't see it well. Maybe a bear.”

He knew there was a clan of Bears but he never heard of any in Seoul.

“It has blue eyes?”

“I think so. I'm not sure.” Her tiny voice made him melt with love and he kissed her forehead.

“It's ok. Whatever was chasing you it's not here. I'm the only one here.” He was also a monster but he would never hurt her. “Try to sleep now.”

She hummed, wrapping her arms around him and after a while she fell asleep.

He did not, too worried with their future together. He was sure that once she found out who he was that she would have a similar reaction to the one she just had.

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

 

Hyejin finished her tour and bid goodbye to the tourists before she walked back to the staff building. She was going to make her short pause of 15 minutes and take that time to drink a cup of coffee or eat something. She didn't have time to have breakfast that morning since she woke up very late. Jinki wasn't there when she woke up that morning and she didn't listen to the alarm of her phone. It was Onew that woke her up meowing and her cheek.

Finding her bed empty that morning hurt her a little. Did her nightmare have anything to do with his disappearance? The first time they shared the same bed he was there in the morning so she wondered what changed. Maybe he thought she was crazy since she reacted weirdly the night before after the nightmare. It troubled her.

Hyejin crossed the garden in the direction of the building and her eyes moved to the old gardener that was tending to a flower bed. He followed her with his eyes as if he knew what she was thinking and it left her a little uncomfortable.

She greeted him politely and he did the same back to her before getting back to work.

Hyejin peeked at him one last time before entering the building which made her go against a man that seemed to be waiting for her at the door.

“Good morning Hyejin.” Minho greeted her and she stepped away from his body, His chest was so hard like Jinki’s but he was taller. His hair was so dark, his eyes big and expressive. He had the perfect appearance and proportions of a prince. However Jinki had the warmest smile she ever saw, he smelled really nice, his hair was so soft, his eyes were mesmerizing and she fitted perfectly on his arms...why was she even comparing them?!

Hyejin frowned staring at her feet confused.

“Is everything ok?” Minho asked before he pulled her by her chin to face him. The touch of his hand on her skin made Hyejin widen her eyes and he took his hand away quickly. “I'm sorry if I'm being too intrusive.”

“No, not at all.” She longed for his touch for so long “I’m fine. I was only lost in thoughts.”

“I need to ask you a favor.” He said gently, getting back to the usual Minho she knew “The palace anniversary day is coming and as usual we do a small gathering. All staff is invited and of course we will invite the Minister of Tourism also. He probably won’t come but will send someone to represent him so we need everything to be perfect.”

“What do you need my help for?”

“I want you to help me organize it.”

Hyejin was a little surprised. She wasn't one of the oldest working at the palace. Her confusion was probably very clear on her face because Minho added “I believe you have a really good taste and you are very responsible and creative. I’m sure that with your help we will do great. Besides a feminine opinion on things is necessary.”

“I’m not sure If I can…” Helping Minho meant spending more time with him. It was weird because before, that was all she ever wanted and now she couldn't stop thinking that spending more time at work with Minho meant less time with Jinki, kissing him.

“I’m sure there is no one else better to help me with this.” He leaned forward and Hyejin’s heart skipped a beat. Minho still had that power over her. His voice lowered dangerously “There is no one else I wish to spend time with, preparing for this party beside you.”

Hyejin didn't even blink, staring at him.

“Can I count on you?”

“Yes.”

“Then have your break and after meet me by the gate so we can go buy what is needed for the decoration together. I'll be waiting.”

He smiled beautifully leaving her speechless and then left.

 

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

 

Onew yawned and then jumped down from the tree where he was sleeping. He choose that park because it wasn't too far away from Hyejin’s place and it was filled with children playing at an old playground. He sat on the ground watching the kids jump and run, laughing or even crying because they fell.

The playground was filled with life and therefore it was filled with emotions. It was another source of food for him.

It wasn't blood, or a body fluids. It wasn't like an or killing someone but he couldn't do that now.

He wasn't working at the hospital anymore, he couldn't betray Hyejin and he would never kill someone.

That was the only way, besides kissing Hyejin, that he had to feed properly. Unfortunately since he didn't become a tiger in such a long time, that source of energy did not seem to be enough anymore. Maybe he should truly go back home. That was the safest place for him to turn into a tiger and if he joined the clan he was sure his hunger would decrease a lot. The truth was that he wasn't fulfilling his duty as a god. His father was right in being disappointed with him.

“Oh what a cute kitty!” A little girl approached him and Jinki blinked his eyes cutely like he learned to do along the years, seducing the poor human. She approached him slowly, stretching her hand to caress his head. He closed his eyes and lowered his head letting her touch him.

“Mommy can we take him home?” The little girl asked an older lady that came to grab her hand and pull her away from Jinki.

“It might have fleas. Get away from it.”

Onew frowned at the human and watched her take away the little girl that didn't stop looking at him.

That’s when he felt it. A weird sensation, something inhuman watching him, a strange smell he didn't perceive in a while.

Onew raised his ears and looked around the park. All creatures playing in it and the parents were human. He could smell them clearly, almost taste them on his tongue.

The fur on his back started to raise and Jinki stood up from the ground and prepared himself for an attack. Whatever was on that playground with him, it wasn't a human creature. It could be another Earth God - which might be a friend or enemy or another kind of creature, the ones that seemed to scare Hyejin tremendly.

Hyejin…

He had a weird feeling when she told him about her dreams and now that that was happening on the day after she told him about it he felt a little scared.

The truth was that there was a rule in the world of what was peculiar and magical. Magic attracts more magic.

The solo fact that he was there in that park it attracted more magical creatures there and many weren't friendly. He didn't care before because he was always alone and he could defend himself but now, now Hyejin was often with him so he could become dangerous to her also.

The smell became stronger and Onew moved his whiskers smelling the air. That awful smell was like a wet dog and so familiar….did that mean..?!

No it couldn't be. He was almost sure he died years ago.

“Mommy I want the kitty!” The little girl screamed on his right, crying loudly and Onew lost the trail of the smell. It was as if the creature got scared and ran away. Maybe it was better that way.

A big orange cat was beside a tree closeby and Onew sat looking at him. It was a member of his clan. He could recognize him from his smell. It wasn't usual to meet the ones from his kind there. The cat didn't approach him and run away which left Jinki even more suspicious.

If he wasn't after him, ordered by his father, then what was that clan member doing there?

Was he after that other magical creature?

15ry69e.jpg

 

“This is fun isn't it?” Minho asked carrying two bags in his hands.

Hyejin smiled at him and nodded.

They spent the last two hours driving around the city buying several things to decorate the palace conference room for the party.

“Now we have a few days to decorate the room and we must do a list of how many food and beverages we will need so I can start calling the caterers. “

“When is the party oing to be?”

“Next week. We have time but I need the food list today. Maybe you can help me on that.”

Hyejin pursed her lips “I already missed two tours. I'm sure my colleagues won't appreciate it if I miss some more.”

“You are with me.” He said firmly “I dare them to say anything! It's not like you are playing around. You are working too.”

Working with him, alone in his small office. The old Hyejin would be jumping of happiness but this one was just a little confused. Something was definitely wrong with her.

“If sunbaenim say it's ok then it must be.”

He didn't answer, his eyes on someone else, a very beautiful young woman with red hair that was beside a car with a man in a suit.

Hyejing knew her. She was one of her old co workers that left her work at the Palace to marry.

She had a very beautiful body and was the object of affection of all males in the palace. Not to mention that her seductive ways and y personality saved her several times from being punished for arriving late. It didn't work for Hyejin thought, that lacked iness. She was already scolded several times and had to do extra work thanks to it.

“I guess she truly got married.” Hyejin remarked and Minho nodded his head slowly before looking at her.

“Can I tell you a secret?”

“S-Sure.”

“She was my first love.” That wasn't the kind of secret Hyejin was expecting. “I met her when we were both studying tourism. It was funny how we end up working at the same place.” Minho sighed deeply looking at her nostalgic. “Ah I truly loved her. It was one of those crushes that makes your heart beat faster when you see that person. The ones that slowly die when you truly fall in love with someone. The kind of mature love, you know?”

Hyejin had no idea what he meant by mature love but she knew what he meant as a crush, with the heart beating thing. It was like that for her since the first time she saw him.

Minho’s smile slowly vanished from his face and his eyes locked with Hyejin’s “Have you ever been in love Hyejin? Truly in love?”

She felt her cheeks get extremely hot and Hyejin was sure she was blushing like an idiot now. She could no longer look at him so she stared at her feet instead or at his hands that were holding the heavy bags.

“I-I don't know….”

“You spend a lot of time with Lee Jinki.”

It seemed like an accusation and she quickly raised her eyes to him to clear the misunderstanding “Oh No. I don't love him.”

The words tasted weird in and she felt as if she was somehow betraying Jinki and herself.

Minho chuckled and started walking again so Hyejin followed after him, staring at his back. They passed by her coworker that did not notice them and Minho didn't look at her even once. It was as if what he felt was truly over. Maybe it was. He mentioned something like a mature love after that crush.

Since Hyejin wasn't under his gaze anymore, she was now able to think about what just happened. All that time she had the idea that Minho liked innocent, pure girls and yet he just confessed that he had a crush on a woman that was the opposite of that.

Lately she was finding out more and more about Minho, things that didn't fit the image she had of him. He was the fiance of a woman that he didn't want to marry and he liked y foxy manipulative women.

So all that time that Hyejin was pretending to be a innocent pure woman to be attractive to him it was all a waste of time. Hyejin bit her lower lip thinking. She needed to become y now. The problem was that she had no idea how to do it.

She needed help.

15ry69e.jpg

 

“What are we doing here?” Jinki asked a little confused playing with the napkin of the restaurant. That was a fancy restaurant, different from the chicken ones they often went to together after work.

That day after he picked her up from work Hyejin insisted to go there which confused him. It wasn't an expensive restaurant but still they didn't seem well dressed enough to be there.

“Nothing. I just felt like eating italian today.” Hyejin said filling with the last piece of lasagna.

“Next time call me and I would get dressed a little more.” He grinned raising an eyebrow “You should dress up for dates.”

She frowned with his comment “This is not a date. It’s researching.”

“For what?” He caressed his full tummy.

She leaned over the table and pointed at a table behind Jinki with her head. A couple was occupying the table, a beautiful woman with red hair and big s and a man very well dressed that was probably a lawyer. Jinki had a feeling he saw that man before.

“Who is he?”

“Not him. The woman. She was my coworker. She often came to have dinner here. Her father is the owner.”

Jinki looked at Hyejin not understanding what they were doing there. “So?”

“So what do you think of her?”

That was a weird question coming from her. Did she truly want him to look at another woman and actually give her an opinion on her?!

“Just tell me what you think!” Hyejin insisted and Jinki sighed turning slightly on his chair to look at the woman.

“Well…” She had a good body that she didn't seem to want to hide under that tight black dress. Her hair was dyed red and beautifully caught on top of her head with a pink hairpin. She was very feminine and elegant and he would have with her for sure. “She is hot!”

Hyejin hit his head and he groaned staring at her. “You asked!”

“I did but…” She was red with anger and gazed at her food instead of him. The corners of Jinki’s lips moved up. She was definitely jealous.

“Why are you asking me about another woman anyway?” he grabbed his glass of wine and drank it appreciatively.

“I need to be like her!”

Jinki choked on his wine and grabbed his napkin to clean his mouth. Hyejin looked at him offended. Was he laughing at her?

“You can never be like her!” He laughed out loud, his eyes becoming thin lines and for the first time she hated it. She hated his laughter and his cute smile and above all the fact that he said that she could never be attractive like that woman.

Why were men all the same?! Why could they only see a body, why couldn't they see beyond that, beyond what was visible. She could be pretty too if she tried. She could even be y. She needed to practice.

Hyejin stood up from her seat and Jinki stopped laughing, blinking his eyes realizing that he did something wrong. “What are you doing? Where are you going? We didn't have desert yet!”

“Eat alone! I don't want to eat with you anymore. I don't want to look at your face anymore!”

Her eyes were a little humid and he swallowed hard wondering what he did so wrong to make her almost cry. He just found her idea ridiculous.

“Hyejin.. Wait…” He stood up and was going to follow after her but first he needed to pay.

She didn't wait for him at all and once he left the restaurant she was gone. However he could still smell her perfume and followed it until her scent was so strong that he wasn't seeing anything else in front of him, finding her his solo objective. He ran to her like a dog, once he saw her and grabbed her arm stopping her.

She seemed a little surprised that he found her but didn't say anything.

“I’m sorry.” He said breathless “I'm truly sorry. I think you misunderstood what I meant.”

“You hurt my pride as a woman!”

“I-I didn't mean to.” He was going to smile but she groaned so he kept a serious expression.

“It’s not funny!”

“It's not. You are right!” He couldn't understand why she didn't get it. Why she wanted to be someone else when she was already so special, so beautiful. Why were humans so blind sometimes?! “Why do you want to be like that woman?”

“Because she is Minho’s type.”

Jinki released her arm and pain crossed his eyes. “Forget him.”

“I can’t.” He was her crush. “You said that you were serious about what you wanted so I'm doing the same thing.” He was serious yes but about her. “At least I want to try. If I fail I'll give up.”

He groaned but didn't say anything. She was right, he did say that. It was selfish of him but he truly hoped she failed, that she forgot about that man and finally acknowledged him. “Ok. Then just be yourself. Don't change who you are to please someone because that never works out Hyejin. He needs to love you for who you are. Only that way it's true love.”

He sounded like her father talking about the love from the books he read to her when she was little. The similarity hurt her.

“Tell him that you like him.” Jinki added “Confess.”

“No I can't do that.” She was too scared of rejection, of ending up with a broken heart “I will once I’m sure he liked me back.”

“Aish!” Jinki stared at her and Hyejin hugged herself guilty because she only saw hurt on his eyes. “You will never forget him right?”

He growled again which scared her a little - was he an animal? - and then walked away.

Hyejin’s chest filled with fear. Would he leave her? Would he give up on her and disappear too?

She quickly ran after him grabbing the sleeve of his sweater afraid to let him go.

Maybe she was selfish but she truly couldn't imagine her life without him. At least not yet. She needed him and it scared her.

“Jinki please.”

“Please what?” He moved his arm trying to make her release his sweater but she grasped it looking at him with puppy eyes so he stopped.

He loved her too much to push her away, to give up on her so easily. She said she wanted to do her best and would give up if she failed. Well he could do the same. The day Minho confessed his love for her he would step away. Her happiness was what mattered.

“Help me.” She begged. “I know you have experience and you are bold. Help me become like her.”

She could ask him everything but not that. He would never help her change who she was. The person Hyejin was, was the one he loved.

“No. No way! You are who you are Hyejin. You can never change that.“ He knew it. He tried to change himself for his father’s and clan’s sake and he knew how a person could never change their essence “You are stubborn and frustrating and yet sweet and pure. You can't become someone else only for a man. I’m not helping you with that.”

Hyejin seemed to rethink her plan because of what he said but she didn't release him.

He was right. If she ever got together with Minho he would find out about who she truly was or she would have to fake it all her life. It made no sense.

“You're right.”

He nodded his head “Yes, besides you're already beautiful as you are. He is just an idiot if he can't see it.”

Hyejin didn't even hear his words or notice the passionate way he was looking at her because she had a different plan.

“Then I need more experience.”

“What?”

“She used to tell us about all the men she slept with.”

“Who?” Jinki was confused and Hyejin tangled her arm on his and both walked side by side down the street.

“My ex coworker, the one Minho liked. She had a lot of experience and having an active se….you know active life in the bedroom department gave her confidence.” She grinned knowing that she was on the right path and he giggled because she looked like a kid not able to say the word “It was as if men could smell her confidence.”

They probably could. Man were after all animals. Even if they didn't acknowledge it, scents played an important part in their life.

“Ok. That might be true but I still don't get what that has to do with you.” He chuckled “We both know that you are a vir….” She covered his mouth before he said the word and Jinki pulled it away giggling like an idiot.

“I know that’s the reason why. You need to have…” She stuttered lowering her voice but she said it “ ... with me.” Hyejin finished with red cheeks making Jinki pale. He wasn't even sure he heard it right.

“I need to what?”

“Have...you know…. with me.” It sounded like a request, one that he wanted to answer yes very much.

“A-are you truly asking me to….”

“You want it right?” She asked touching her hot cheeks. He seemed to want it and she also wanted it very much. It could have happened twice already if he didn't stop.

Jinki his lips slowly, his heart beating fast, a huge battle happening inside it.

He wanted more than anything to take her, not only because he was famished of her energy but because he was after all a man in love. Having with Hyejin was probably the thing he wanted the most at the moment. But he also wanted her to acept him, to love him despite of who he was and that meant having with her after she knew who he was, after she has fallen in love with him. He didn't want to have with her for a silly reason like that, for her to have confidence to woo another guy.

“I can't!”

She seemed disappointed.

“Why? I don't get it.”

“Because…” Because he was like the monsters that scared her in her nightmares. Because he loved her and wanted it to mean something to her more than . “Because I can't! This is all for you to seduce another man!” He placed his hand on his chest with an offended expression “I can't help you with .”

“What is wrong with you? You are a ert, a man! You’ve been trying to get in my bed ever since you met me.”

“WHAT?” He frowned “You are the one that invited me over and attacked me. That wraps her arms around me and doesn't let go the whole night.” He loved it.

“No I don't!” Hyejin blushed embarrassed now. He was right, she loved to sleep against his strong chest, protected in his arms. Why was she so needy of him?!

“You do! Maybe this is all a plan!” He hugged himself as if she was taking advantage of him “It's a plan to have my body!” He raised his eyebrows pretending to be scared “Hyejin. You ert!”

He walked away looking back at her once in a while and she followed after him angrily.

“IT'S NOT!”

He laughed at her reaction and she groaned upset.

She was so frustrated because he didn't want to help her with her plan, not because he didn't want to have with her. At least that's what she told herself. It angered her that he was somehow right and in a way she wanted him to help her because she wanted to do it with him.

It was all his fault. He was the one who entered her life, kissing her with those devilish lips, touching her in a way that all of her body begged for more.

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

“Jiwoo thank you for this!” Hyejin said eating another piece of the cake Jiwoo offered her.

“No problem unnie.”

Hyejin wasn't truly thanking her for the cake, it was more because by being with Jiwoo at her place eating cake she wouldn't be home thinking about Minho nor Jinki, tempted to call the later.

Jiwoo sat in front of Hyejin watching her eat.

“You are coming to my wedding, right unnie?”

Hyejin the cream from her lips “Of course.”

“Don't come alone. Bring that hot guy with you.”

Hyejin knew who she was talking about. “I can't bring Jinki with me. We are only friends.”

Jiwoo smiled to herself “Maybe you can catch the bouquet. I'm going to throw it like they do it on ocidental weddings.”

Hyejin ate her cake in silence. The idea of taking Jinki with her and to see him wearing formal clothes attracted her. He looked so good when he took her dancing.

What was she thinking about?! He was an idiot that kept making fun of her! He didn’t even want to have with her.

“Is everything ready for the wedding?”

Jiwoo was going to answer when a cat entered the kitchen. It was black with green eyes and it caught Hyejin’s attention immediately. She saw it before but she didn't care much about it since she didn't know Onew yet. Onew changed her opinion on pets a lot.

Hyejin tried to remember the cat’s name but she couldn't.

“It’s Blackie. It's my cat.” Jiwoo saved her.

Hyejin watched the cat walk to her owner and rub her head on her leg. Onew did that a lot too. He loved to rub himself on her and Hyejin smiled smithen. Blackie was so cute.

“She is smaller than Onew.”

“Ah, the cat you adopted?” Jiwoo asked “Maybe he is older than her.”

Hyejin hummed thinking “I have no idea how old he is.”

“Didn't you take him to a vet for a check up?”

Hyejin eyes widened. “Should I? He does look a little sick lately.”

Jiwoo chuckled “Unnie you have to take your cat for a check up. Imagine if he isn't vaccinated. It can be dangerous for you. Besides they will be able to tell how old he is.”

“He is very lazy. He only sleeps and eats. Maybe he is old.” Hyejin ate the rest of her cake eyeing Blackie that jumped on her owner's lap. “Does she communicate with you also?”

“What do you mean?” Jiwoo petted her cat.

“Does she point at things with her paws and meow at you?”

Jiwoo laughed “What? No. Well she does complain sometimes but I don't think she ever pointed at anything.”

Hyejin blushed a little embarrassed wondering if she said some nonsense.

Blackie looked at her and blinked her eyes slowly like Onew often did and yet there was something different about the way she looked at her. It didn't have the same sparkle Onew’s ones had. It always seemed like he understood what she was saying as if she was speaking to a human.

Hyejin truly needed to take him to a vet. Onew didn't seem to be a normal cat like the others.

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin sat beside Jinki on the floor and grabbed a chicken drumstick. He was already eating it delighted humming with his eyes closed.

In his defense she did invite him to have dinner with her. She was the one that invited him to eat chicken and beer. He couldn't say no to free food and accepted the invitation.

He grabbed his beer and drank it smiling at her softly. He seemed so happy with simple things like that.

“I wonder why Onew always runs away when you show up.“ She complained. Lately she barely saw her cat. The more time she spent with Jinki, the less her cat was home and she said that out loud which seemed to make Jinki lose his appetite, looking at her a little startled.

“Maybe he is scared of everyone besides me.” Hyejin remarked “Or maybe he doesn't like men...or you!”

“Animals love me very much!” Jinki defended himself. It was true. He was partially an animal too so he could understand them well.

“Well then why isn't he here?”

“I have no idea. He is your pet not mine!” Jinki smiled to himself and kept eating.

Hyejin finished her piece of chicken and then grabbed a little of kimchi.

“He also loves chicken so much.”

Jinki glanced at her but didn't say anything.

“You two are very similar!”

Jinki choked on his chicken and had to grab his beer to drink it. Hyejin patted his back patiently until he got better.

“You should eat slower.”

“I'm sorry.” He mumbled hiding his face behind his beer. Damn it. He needed to find a good reason for his cat version to disappear when he was with her or soon she would find out.

“So….” Hyejin stood up and played with the buttons of her thin coat.

Jinki watched her munching his food smiling softly because her voice changed to a sweeter tone.

“Are you done eating?” She asked seductively and he swallowed the food in his mouth with difficulties.

“Hyejin?”

She was looking at him weirdly and even her tone of voice was freaking him out.

She her lips slowly and bit her lower lip after, making him nervous.

“I gave you chicken so…”

“SO?” He widened his eyes when she ed her coat and opened it. Under it she was only wearing a tight silk red top that made wonders to her cleavage, her s looking bigger as if they were pop out from the top. She looked so y that he released the chicken he had in his hand, falling into his bowl with rice.

“What are you doing?”

She frowned confused with his reaction “Don't I look more attractive with it?” She cupped her s with her hands pulling them up as if it was needed and Jinki almost had a heart attack looking away from her hands grabbing his beer.

The temperature inside the room increased to an unbearable point and he drank half a bottle but that didn't seem to cool his body down.

Hyejin watched him hurt. Why wasn't he even looking at her when she made an effort to dress up for him. She bought that top to show him that she could be y, to seduce him.

“So..I don't look y in it?”

“No, no…” He turned to her, his eyes falling on her s before he was able to move them to her face “ No you look perfect.”

She sat beside him so close that he froze completely. He could hear her heart clearly. It was beating as fast as his. He could also taste the mix of feelings inside her.

“Touch me.”

Damn it!

Before he could order his hands to not move he cupped her face, caressing her cheeks. They were a little pinkish and he knew, he could taste it, that she was doing her best to look confident, to seduce him. He knew what she was trying to achieve with that. She wanted to have with him and he wondered what was the true reason behind it?! It couldn't be only for Minho. She wouldn't be melting and smelling so good like that if she didn't want him also.

He fought the desire to kiss her and moved his hands to her bare shoulders instead, moving his fingers over the straps of her top that was very indecent.

“God knows how much I want you but…”

“But?”

He took his hands away “But I can't have with you because you want to be with another man. It’s ridiculous. It goes against my beliefs.”

Hyejin didn't answer and he realized that she wasn't even thinking about that which made him melt. She wasn't doing that because of Minho or to gain confidence or experience, even if she said that to herself. She was doing that because she was reaching a limit like him, because her body longed for his as much as his longed for her. Still he couldn't do it. It wasn't fair for her. Gosh he hated himself so much at that moment.

“Don't try to change my mind please.” He almost cried, in pain.

Hyejin furrowed her brow, small wrinkles between her eyes and she pouted rejected “Not even kissing?”

She wanted him to kiss her, to make out with her and Jinki sighed amused but tried to keep a serious expression. That was so tempting. He loved to .

“No need to practice that. You already kiss well.”

She was clearly disappointed and he wanted to laugh at her but he kept in character.

“Do I truly kiss well? Maybe we should check again!”

“No need. I’m certain you do!”

She was living a mix of delight with frustration and he could taste all of it even if she was looking at her lap like a kid that was denied a candy. He took that chance to grin before pursing his lips becoming serious again when she looked back at him.

“Am I pretty?”

His chest hurt with the question. There were no words to describe how pretty she looked to him. He caressed her cheek, brushing her hair away from her face “Very much.” All her imperfect self was extremely beautiful “And you make my blood boil.”

“Really?”

He leaned closer to her, his lips inches from hers, his gaze locked on hers “Yes and you smell divinely.”

She fluttered her eyes wondering why he seemed to have a thing for her smell. He did smell her a lot when they were making out.

Jinki closed his eyes and he looked so y she whimpered. He didn't seem to notice and he kissed her neck softly before rubbing his nose on her skin, inhaling her scent.

There was no way that he could explain what happened inside him when he smelled her. She had a sweet scent that made him dizzy with desire. Her blood smelled delicious too and she smelled like a woman, like a female, one that he truly wanted to claim as his.

He pulled away from her neck and she opened her eyes. Hyejin was looking at him with passion and he his lips trying to control his body and heart.

He couldn't lose control. He couldn't give in or he wouldn't stop, he would give her exactly what she wanted and ruin his chances with her. He was sure she would never forgive him if he slept with her without revealing her who he truly was.

“And when you look at me like that I lose my mind.”

“Then lose it.” She whispered.

If he had any doubt that she wanted to be with him for him and had nothing to do with Minho then he was sure. Hyejin was falling for him, his love for her completely infected her.

Jinki’s lips spread into a smile and he kissed her, pushing her down on the floor with him.

They kissed passionately, his hands on each side of her so he wouldn't hurt her with his weight.

Hyejin’s hands were on his old t-shirt, grasping it as if she was afraid he would change his mind and pull away.

Hyejin could taste the chicken in his mouth and he could taste the desire in hers and something else more. Something so powerful that he never tasted before. He opened his eyes overwhelmed with that taste that he couldn't understand what it was. She didn't notice still kissing him, her eyes shut tight, her passion overflowing from her in waves that were leaving him dizzy.

It was too much for him and his animal side was taking control over his body. If he didn't stop that she would find out his secret.

Jinki grabbed her hands that were grasping his t-shirt and pulled them away from his clothes which hurt him deep inside as if he was tearing her away from him. He stood up so fast that Hyejin only realised he left her alone on the floor when he closed the door of the bathroom.

“Jinki?” She mumbled standing up and walking to the bathroom. She tried to open the door but it was locked.

“Jinki are you ok?” She had no idea what happened. One moment he was kissing her as if the world would end and the next he was pushing her away. Did she do something wrong?!

“Yes.” He answered from inside “I just…I...I had a sudden need to pee.”

Hyejin frowned. Maybe it was the beer he drank or maybe he was just making up excuses. She placed her hand on the door feeling lost.

“Really?” she wished she had super powers and could read his mind or better yet his heart. “You are lying, right?” There was only two explanations possible for him to run away. He either truly despised her which wasn't the case because he would never have kissed her like that if that was true or he truly lost control and didn't want to have with her. Which meant he was hiding something. “Ok what are you hiding for me?”

A weird noise came from inside as if he went against something. “W-what do you mean?”

“An …I mean…”Hyejin blushed not believing she actually said that word. “You know...because of what happened between us.”

Jinki froze inside the bathroom looking at his pants. He tilted his head. She wasn't far from the truth since his pants were a little tight but that wasn't the reason he hid there. Jinki approached the sink and looked at himself in the mirror.

Whatever he tasted in Hyejin had a drastic effect on his body. His eyes were blue and bright as if energy was flowing out of them and worse his canines grew a little in size as if he was starting his transformation to tiger and stopped it abruptly.

If she saw him like that she would know.

His tiger part was taking the best of him.

Kissing wasn't enough any longer. He needed her and god knew how dangerous that could be if he was like that, an animal of desires unable to control his body.

Her blood, her taste were calling for him and Jinki wasn't sure what he wanted more, if to enter her, to kiss her lips, to bite her or her body in parts that would shock her.

He covered his eyes and rubbed his face going crazy.

“Jinki? Am I wrong?”

She was so innocent. He approached the door and touched it, feeling her warmth coming from the other side. He moved his hand over the door until he found the place he was sure she had her hand.

He did that with his mother and brother with a cold window between them. Even if they were separated he still could see them, he still could show his true self to them. Maybe he could never show his to Hyejin, maybe he could never see her again.

If he couldn't keep his tiger side away from her it was best to never see her again. He could never hurt her, be the monster she feared every night.

Maybe he needed to have with another woman to refrain him from want her so much - he didn't dare to cheat on her though. Maybe it was for the best if he drank some blood. Go back to the hospital or kill a small animal. He hasn't killed in years either.

“Jinki? Are you ok? Say something!” He could taste her worry and he felt awful. He was going to answer when he smelled something else.

Her . She was wet…great just what he needed.

He walked away from the door, the further he could, climbing over the toilet and facing the wall opposite from the door. He tried to block that scent but it was hard when he desired her so much. Jinki looked at his pants. Now he had an .

He hit his head against the wall and tried to think about awful things to make that go away or his eyes and teeth would never go back to normal.

No. It was impossible if she kept so close to him like that.

“Can I stay alone for a while?” He almost growled.

“What?”

“Just five minutes. Can you leave the house for five minutes?” Just enough for him to wash his face and other parts of him and say the names of the several tiger clan chiefs he had to memorize when he was a kid.

“Are you crazy? What for?”

He covered his eyes and sat over the toilet cover trying to think of a way to push Hyejin away. He hated it.

“I need…I'm sick!” He lied “I feel like throwing up” He made some weird noises “It must have been the chicken! Yes, don't eat more!”

“What?! Oh My God!”

“Yeah. So can you get me medicine?” He prayed that she didn't have any, that her lazy, unkempt side wouldn't disappoint him.

“Sure, of course. I'll go buy it quickly. I'll run down to the pharmacy.”

The pharmacy was 20 minutes away so Jinki had enough time to take care of his problems.

“Be careful.” he pleaded hating himself for sending her away at night to do an errand based on a lie, but it was for her safety.

He waited until he heard her close the door and run down the stairs and then started his healing process. When h felt better he unlocked the door and walked outside. Jinki climbed to the roof and turned into a cat.

He felt truly sorry for her but he needed to hunt now. She was probably going to be extremely mad with him when she arrived home and he wasn't there anymore but for now that was the only thing he could do.

He also hated it, he never liked to do that but there was nothing he could do. He was a monster.

Onew ran as fast as he could in the direction of the only place where he could get blood with several folded money bills between his teeth.

In one of his neighborhood explorations he found out about an old couple that were raising chicken. The next day the couple would find all of them death. An animal would have drank their blood but in exchange they would find enough money to buy not only more chickens but also pay for the bills of that month.

Hyejin arrived home breathless and saw the door of the bathroom open. It was empty like the rest of her house. Jinki was nowhere to be seen and she sat over her bed exhausted still holding the small bottle of medicine for indigestion.

She felt tears come to her eyes and frustratedly rubbed them.

She didn't know why he did that, why he lied to her and rejected her as a woman but it was clear that he didn't want to have with her after all. He lied to her, made a fool out of her and didn't even stay to sleep with her like she hoped. Hyejin moved her hands on the covers of her bed on each side of her bed grasping them furiously.

Once again she let herself get attached to someone that might leave her with no explanation, that told her that he loved her and in the end took the easiest decision by leaving her behind.

Hyejin hated Lee Jinki as much as she hated her father.

15ry69e.jpg

 

Onew entered the apartment from the window of the bathroom and entered the kitchen silently. It was very early so Hyejin was probably sleeping. To his surprise she was sitting on the floor, beside the kitchen table watching tv. She was wrapped in a blanket and she didn't seem to have slept much, maybe she even cried. Her eyes were very red after all.

He felt guilty because maybe he was the reason she was like that.

She turned her head and her eyes lit up when she saw him.

“Onew…” She cried, tears filling her eyes and he ran to her. She grabbed him immediately and rubbed her wet cheek against his back. “I missed you so much.”

She caressed him on her lap and stopped when she felt his wet fur on his chest.

“Why are you wet?”

Things did get bloody the previous night so he had to clean himself with water a little.

He looked at her innocently and Hyejin cleaned her eyes with a paper tissue before scratching him behind his ears.

“Are you hungry? You didn't come to have dinner yesterday.”

Oh no. He wasn't hungry at all. He was actually very nauseated with all the killing he did the previous night. He wasn't used to warm blood anymore also so he felt like throwing up while he was eating and now that she was talking about it he felt sick again.

He jumped from her lap and started making weird noises as if he was going to puke. Hyejin looked at him apprehensively and then stood up.

“That's it!”

He blinked his eyes confused looking at her and she turned off the tv.

“You’ve been sick for days! I'm taking you out!”

He tilted his head confused but didn't have much time to do anything because she grabbed him in her arm and her bag in the other and walked outside.

She had no cage to put him in so she simply walked with him in her arms as if he was a dog.

He stared at her wondering how someone could be so clueless about pets but didn't say anything and stood quiet in her arms all the way down the street until she found a taxi.

In all his cat life Jinki never went to a vet, but the truth was that he never truly had an owner for long.

He would lie if he said that he wasn't scared. The room was filled with scary things and the vet kept touching him all over and in very impolite ways. He was sure he was his senior which made that even worse.

The worse part was when he tried to take his temperature by sticking in a thermometer in his . Of course he would never allow that and he growled jumping away from the table. Hyejin tried to grab him but he reacted extremely bad which made her give up on the idea. No one would stick anything in his without his consent.

“It’s ok. He does seem very healthy!” The doctor chuckled grabbing Onew’s medical file where he was writing all the information Hyejin knew about her cat.

“Do you have an idea of old he might be?” She asked the veterinarian while Onew smelled a stack of packages filled with cat food. He had no idea how cats could eat that. It smelled awful to him.

“It's hard to say.” The veterinarian wrote something on the file and Onew almost grinned looking at him. He clearly had no idea how old Onew was because he wasn't truly a cat.

“He is very smart and looks really healthy.” The vet added “So he is probably young.” The vet placed the file over the observation table ”Can you grab him? We should start the vaccination.”

Oh no. Onew stepped back almost immediately and Hyejin hesitated.

“I don't think he wants it.”

The vet laughed at Hyejin’s answer. “He is a cat. He has no idea what we are talking about. He is just scared because he feels your fear.”

The vet wasn’t entirely stupid as he seemed. Onew could truly feel her fear, however he knew exactly what he was talking about and no way he was going to be vaccinated. He was already vaccinated as a human.

“Maybe we could do this another day.” Hyejin said staring at Onew thinking “I'll talk it out with him.”

Onew relaxed almost immediately. Hyejin was precious. She truly understood his cat self well.

However the vet didn't have the same opinion as Onew and smiled grabbing the file again, clearly finding all that ridiculous.

“Well then, we can reschedule it…after you talk with your cat.”

“Can I have a question before we leave?” Hyejin grabbed her bag and approached Onew picking him up in her arms again.

“Of course. That's why I am here. Anything.” The way he reacted seemed as if he was waiting for Hyejin to ask for his number.

He was too kind from Onew's point of view and he glared at him. He had his eyes on him if he tried something funny with his woman. If needed Jinki would scratch him with no mercy.

“Can cats eat chicken all the time? Because Onew loves his chicken and I can't seem to feed him anything else.”

“Chicken?” The vet seemed shocked.

“Yes. His favorite is spicy chicken!”

The veterinarian laughed out loud, not taking her serious, and Hyejin blushed embarrassed.

“Ah I’m sorry.” He did his best to control his laughter “No, don't feed him human food.”

“I tried cat food before and it didn't work.”

“Did you try the one we sell here. Cats love it and it's better for their health.”

Onew moved his head negatively but Hyejin ignored him “I'll take one package then.”

Dammit!

She already paid and Hyejin was carrying the package with food in one arm and Onew in the other when she turned to the doctor again.

“Can cats do the laundry?”

The question made the veterinarian speechless and Hyejin turned around again, running as fast as she could away from there before he called her insane.

Onew her arm with his rough tongue and she looked at him.

“Don't even try it. From now on you can't eat chicken.”

He gave her the most saddest expression a cat could master and Hyejin tried to not look at him or she would give in.

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Things were going well. Yes, she was looking at him as if he was the scum of the earth but still she wasn't completely ignoring him.

Jinki showed up at the palace where Hyejin worked and joined one of her tours. He knew by heart what she would say but that wasn't the point. The point was that he would be able to see her and if everything went well and she didn't kill him before, after the tour ended, he would be able to talk with her and ask for forgiveness.

Luckily the tour was ending because the tourists were already noticing the way she was looking at him and Jinki was starting to become nervous.

Hyejin guided the group to the entrance of the palace where the tour started and bid farewell to everyone, including Jinki. However he strolled after her.

“I'm on a break. You can’t follow me.” She complained not even looking at him.

“It’s ok I’ll only follow you only until we cross the garden.”

She stopped and turned around a little suspicious.

“Have you been here before? You talk as if you were on this part of the palace before.”

“Well I was here once.” He used to sleep on the grass behind her.

“I don't remember doing tours here.” Hyejin crossed her arms over her white shirt.

“Maybe I got lost and ended up coming here.” He stepped to the side so he could block her passage. “What is your favorite place inside the palace. Show me.”

Distracting her was the best strategy.

“I can get in trouble if I walk around with one of the visitors.”

Jinki smelled the air and looked around. It was very silent and no one was around. “Show me. No one will know.”

She frowned slightly but started walking so he followed her. To his surprise she didn't take him to the side of the lake nor to the small pavilion where the king and queen would meet. She stopped under one of the biggest trees that projected a shadow over the grass he loved so much.

“Here.” He didn't say anything but he had an idea of the reason she liked that place. It was calm and you could hear the wind blowing on the leaves upwards and the birds singing.

“It’s one of the oldest trees of the palace.” She touched the tree trunk “This tree saw more than we'll ever see. It's a true living treasure that survived all these years, being the home for so many animals. It represents more than anything a human can build.”

He placed his hand beside hers and smiled warmly “See, this is why I love you.”

His smile faded and he blinked his eyes, that weird taste stinging his tongue. Her heart was beating fast, as fast as it usually beats every time he kissed her and even though her expression didn't change there was something different in her eyes.

“Hyejin...about last night.” As soon as the taste appeared it disappeared.

“Forget it!” She was back to being angry.

“You are upset!” No need to be a genius to see that.

“Yes of course I am. You…” Her voice failed and she looked at the floor instead of him. Was she going to cry? Because of him? “You disappeared when we were going to have...you know…”

He smiled softly and she rubbed her cheek pretending to be itchy, glancing at him once in awhile.

“Am I that awful that you have to run away to not have se...it with me?”

Jinki giggled because she was adorable and that seemed to irritate her more. He pulled her by her hand to the middle of the grass so that the tree would block them for the eyes of whoever was passing by on the path.

“What are you doing?” She asked, before she took off her heels, eyeing the building across from the grass field. It was the office where Minho worked. “Someone might see us.”

“Afraid that Minho might?” Jinki asked raising an eyebrow.

She didn't answer biting her lower lip. It was very unlikely that Minho was there because it was lunch time.

Jinki pushed her against the tree trunk and she swallowed nervously eyeing his lips that she desired so much. She was betraying herself, betraying what she felt the previous night when he left her. She should hate him and yet…

He placed his hands on each side of her on the trunk and smiled mischievously.

“This will be only another thing this tree will witness. I’m sure it can keep a secret.”

Hyejin didn't say anything and Jinki kissed her. She opened hungrily letting him deepen the kiss, forgetting completely about where she was.

He broke the kiss even though she didn't seem to want it to end and rested his forehead against hers. Drinking all that chicken blood seemed to have worked. He wondered for how long.

“I'm sorry. I was so sick yesterday that I had to leave. It wasn't your fault at all and I would never run away from you.” He caressed her neck, feeling her blood pulsate in her veins there. “And you are not awful. You are y and I can't have enough of you.”

“I-I am?”

“But not as y as that woman.” She was charming enough for him, no need to be a femme fatale.

Hyejin frowned and Jinki touched the wrinkles between her eyes. “It’s your own kind of y, the one I love.”

He fixed his eyes on hers waiting for it and as soon as he said the world love he felt it. It was still weak but that taste, that emotion she was experiencing was new.

Was she falling for him? Was Hyejin feeling love?

It was weird because he felt the passion and admiration and what he thought that was love when she looked at or talked with Minho. He never tasted that coming from Hyejin before or anyone but he liked it. It was a little spicy and yet sweet. It was like a rollercoaster of tastes.

“We should go to restaurant today to complain.”

“Ah no.” He rubbed his head cutely “I probably just ate too much. The chicken was probably good. I’m just eating too much.” He didn't want others to have problems because of him.

Hyejin rested her head against his chest and Jinki watched her a little surprised before he caressed her back.

It was so rare of her to show her affection for him and even worse when it came to gestures like that? Gestures that meant that she wanted to be comforted.

“Hyejin?”

“Can we stay like this for a little?”

He didn't complain hugging her tighter, smiling like an idiot peeking at her. She had her eyes closed and wrapped her arms around him. There was that faint peculiar taste again and Jinki couldn't feel happier.

She felt happy. She would never admit it but she was relieved that he didn't disappear from her life. After his mysterious escape, the night before, she barely could sleep thinking about him. It wasn't only the fact that he rejected her - thankfully it had to do with the fact that he was sick - it was more than that. She was so used to his presence, so attached to him that the solo thought that he might leave her scared her beyond words. There was another fear joining that one and it made her feel like a selfish . She liked the way he loved her, she enjoyed the passionate way he touched her and kissed her, the sweet words and praises, the way he looked at her as if she was the only woman on earth before he started calling other women hot. She liked it and secretly she was scared of the day he stopped loving her because that meant he had no other reason to stay with her. That was the only reason she didn't want to let him go, that she craved for his body and presence beside her, that her mind was populated with thoughts of him.

She rubbed her cheeks against his hard chest and smiled softly. Hyejin didn't even care if he was watching her every move. She felt so warm in his arms, so loved and he smelled so nice.

He kissed her forehead and she felt his lips curve into a smile against her skin. He was happy too and that made her want to giggle like a fool. When did she start caring about how he felt?!

Hyejin was adorable and he had no idea what she was thinking about but she was holding to him, smiling while she rubbed her cheek against his chest and her emotions sweet taste were enough for him.

Besides, having her in his arms in that place with that view was like a scene out of a drama. He looked around inhaling the fresh air like a very satisfied tiger after a nap.

She seemed to want to hug him during her whole break and he didn't complain at all.

Someone didn't seem happy thought. Jinki had a good vision, he was half feline after all, and he could see Minho watching them from the window of his office.

Oh, Hyejin would be so mad if she found out. He could have pushed her away from him and pretend that she fell on him and he hold her something but that was ridiculous. He wasn't going to hide what he felt, he wasn't going to ruin that moment of perfect happiness. Instead he stood in the same place holding her the same way.

Or so he thought.

His body reacted instinctively, his arms held her more firmly and tight and Hyejin opened her eyes and raised them to him.

“Something wrong?”

He looked down at her smiling widely. Nothing was wrong. She was exactly where she belonged - in his arms - and he wasn't doing anything wrong. She was the one who hugged him and if she wanted she could easily push him away.

“Nothing.” As a cue he leaned down and kissed her lips softly. She blinked her eyes but didn't pull away.

That was a very chaste kiss, so different from the one they shared before they hugged but she seemed to enjoy it because that sweet and spicy emotion intensified and she stood on her tiptoes to kiss him back, her eyes closed and lips puckered. He leaned his head forward meeting her halfway, smiling to himself because she was adorable, and they kissed again, with her prince watching everything.

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Minho wasn't surprised with the visit.

Lee Jinki, the weird guy that seemed to follow Hyejin everywhere was by the door of his office knocking softly on it even though it was open.

“Can I come in?”

“Sure.” Minho showed Jinki a chair and he entered the office closing the door behind him. He didn't sit on the chair though and looked around the office instead.

Minho had a very nice office that matched his boringness - in Jinki’s opinion. It was all in shades of brown and grey. He had a simple organized desk with a computer. Right now it had the rest of the kimbap he was eating for lunch, a bottle of water and a pile of papers. There was nothing on the walls beside a couple drawing of kids that visited the Palace and did activities. Then he had a solo picture of him with his soccer mates, sweating in soccer uniforms in the middle of the field after a game.

Minho was wearing a plain white shirt and grey suit pants and coat, his hair perfectly combed and he used a nice aftershave. He was very mysterious to Jinki since he barely could taste much emotions coming from him. Did Minho ever get upset over anything?!

Jinki was also a mystery to Minho and he studied him while he studied his office.

He looked like a poor college student, wearing a simple white sweater with a picture of chewbacca from Star Wars on it. His jeans were ripped on his knees and his sneakers had better days. He was so far away from the perfect image of a prince that women had but for some reason Hyejin liked him. He saw how he pulled her to tree, how they kissed passionately and worse how she took the initiative to hug Jinki and kiss him. She looked like a woman in love and Minho wondered if she realized her own feelings. She probably didn’t. She did try to convince him and herself that she had no feelings for Jinki when they went shopping together.

Jinki didn't seem like a bad guy though and he liked Hyejin very much and only for that reason, he had Minho’s respect.

“I think I know why you are here.” Minho said after a while.

Jinki was still examining his office, this time he was touching a trophy Minho won during a Minister of Tourism event that was over a cabin with files. “Best Team Manager” was written under it.

“Really?” He didn't seem to be a little interested in what Minho was saying, seeming like a curious kid instead, shifting his attention now to the picture of Minho and his team over the desk.

He was going to grab it when Minho spoke calmly “Can you please sit so we can talk?”

“Ah sure” Jinki sat on the chair but didn't stop moving his legs like a kid. Minho kept eating his lunch eyeing Jinki very calmly which made Jinki anxious. He suddenly leaned forward and decided to go directly to the matter that brought him there “I came because of Hyejin.” She was the only reason that connected them. “Do you like her?”

The direct question made Minho a little embarrassed and he organized the already organized pile of papers in front of him aligning all of them. “You are right to the point.”

“In some things I am. I’m not going to lie. You are boring sometimes” - Minho raised an eyebrow - ”but you seem like a good person, however I love Hyejin and I’m not willing to give her away without a fight.”

“That's good.” Minho crossed his arms over the desk.

“So, you do like her too?”

“I-I didn't say that.” But he was as nervous as Jinki was now. He could taste it. “Hyejin is a really sweet woman but a true mystery for me. She is unlike any woman I met before. She is always pretending to be someone else.”

Jinki placed his hands on the table “You know!”

Hyejin would be so ashamed if she ever found out that Minho knew she was lying all that time.

“Of course I do. She is so bad at faking anything!”

“SHE IS!” Jinki agreed giggling “And her cheeks get all red when she tries too hard and she looks at her feet.” Jinki mimicked her and Minho laughed with him because it was exactly how she acted.

“Ah, she has no idea how transparent she is.” Minho moved his fingers on his extremely clean desk “But even though I knew since the start I went along with it. She seems to believe that all that makes me happy and I don't want to disappoint her, I like her…”

“You like the real Hyejin.” Minho was like him, a poor fool that fell for the crazy, insecure and difficult Hyejin.

“Yes, I do have some affection for her.”

Jinki frowned. Humans were idiots. How couldn't he simply say it, admit his feelings openly?! Half the world's problems would be solved if people said out loud what they felt. However the other half would probably be at war too.

“But,“ Minho added “I have a difficult family situation right now. I’m sure Hyejin told you, she seems to tell you everything.” Jinki grinned slightly even though Minho was clearly jealous of that “I need to marry someone due to some financial problems oin my father’s company.” Minho chuckled “I feel like I'm marrying a princess to avoid a war.”

Hyejin did think like that. If Minho was a prince Hyejin was clearly another princess and if both of them were the main characters then who was he? The monster keeping them apart?

“I'm glad she has someone to protect her, to love her.” Minho wasn't nervous anymore and was now looking at Jinki in a way that left him uncomfortable “I don't know much about you Lee Jinki.”

“You remember my name?”

“I remember many things. Actually you mentioned before that your family was interested in history.”

“Yes, they do like it.” They were part of it also.

Minho leaned back on his chair, his eyes on Jinki and he swallowed nervously remembering how he used to be called to the principal’s officer when he was a kid to be praised for his good grades but in reality he was always afraid that someone found out about his secret and he was going to be kicked out from the school, the city, maybe the whole society. Who wants a weirdo that has a tail studying in his school?

“They know a lot about tigers and folklore right?”

Jinki his lips slowly. He wasn't that scared out of place kid anymore. Now he was an adult, still out of place, but an adult. And if he wanted he could rip Minho’s throat apart, break him, drink his blood.

If he let his monster side come out that is.

“Are you implying anything?”

Minho widened his eyes “No, I’m just trying to know you better.”

Jinki’s suspicion didn't vanish but he relaxed a little. Minho wasn't a magical creature, he was human for sure since he smelled like one. Also his heart was steady. He wasn't nervous.

Minho played with the pile of papers in front of him “Have you ever felt frustrated because you seemed to be chained to a fate that will only bring you hardship?”

It was funny that Minho was asking that to him.

“Even if I want, my destiny is not to be with Hyejin. I must marry this woman. I can't do anything against it.”

Jinki didn't say anything and Minho stood up which meant it was time for him to go.

“Take care of her.” Minho requested and Jinki nodded. He didn't even need to ask him that.

Jinki turned to leave but stopped. He was good guy, he was fair. He was raised like an honest and good person and he knew he would feel guilty if he left the office like that without saying anything.

I’m shooting myself in my paw…” Jinki mumbled before he turned around and Minho watched him confused. “Hyejin once told me that you are the ruler of your own faith. I like to believe she is right.”

Maybe they would never break free from that faith but at least they tried.

 

15ry69e.jpg

 

Hyejin waited at the corner of the street that intersected her own, her eyes on the kissing spot.

After meeting Jinki at work, after their making out behind the tree that she loved - she covered her red cheeks melting only remembering how he kissed her passionately - she thought he would wait for her to leave work. However he didn’t and he didn't answer her messages either. She went home only to find out Onew sleeping like a rock. That lazy and yet cute cat seemed startled to see her home already.

After changing clothes Hyejin left and walked around the kissing spot hoping to meet him. She had no idea where he lived and that saddened her. Since he wasn’t answering her calls or messages, that was the only chance she had of meeting him. Of course she wouldn't tell him that she was waiting for him, she was going to stay there and casually bump against him.

Hyejin was waiting for half an hour already when she saw him coming up the street rubbing his eyes as if he was sleepy. She wondered what he did the whole day.

She waited until he was close by and then hid again. It needed to be exactly on the kissing spot. Why? Because...because…

Her cheeks got red.

The way his lips felt against her, his strong manly hands on her back. Something ached inside her everytime she closed her eyes and remembered the softness of his lips against hers.

Hyejin wanted a kiss and was going to use that place as an excuse.

Jinki smiled when he saw Hyejin come from the place she was hiding, playing with her phone pretending to meet him by chance. She was truly bad at it and he almost laughed when she “noticed” him and faked annoyance. He didn't stop walking and she changed her route and walked exactly in his direction.

He yawned covering his mouth. He took a nap that afternoon and it was so long that he completely forgot to pick her up. He was still sleeping when she arrived home and had to change quickly and run all the way to the bus stop to pretend that he came from there. It was so hard to date her.

Even though Hyejin was almost in front of him, in the exact spot he kissed her for the first time, Jinki kept walking pretending to not see here.

He passed by her, faking a cough, not missing the worried expression on her face and he regretted it a little. He knew her fears, he knew that being left behind and the dark terrified her. She probably felt awful that he didn't even look her away.

Jinki counted until five to himself. If she didn't call him he would turn around and pick her up in his arms and kiss her. He wouldn't care if she kicked him after. She was being too cute trying to get a kiss from him without asking. It was funny how things have changed.

“Oh...hey it's you!” Hyejin said behind him and Jinki grinned victoriously before turning around feigning surprise.

“Oh Hyejin you're there.”

“Right…” She couldn't believe he didn't saw her. Was he already getting bored of her? She frowned curling her hands into fists. The made out with her and now wanted to run away. “I am.”

“I didn't notice you.” He didn't walk in her direction so she walked to him.

How he loved it, to see her come to him for a change.

“Hi.” She repeated and he smiled warmly at her.

“Hi.”

“You didn't pick me up today!” It wasn't as if she was complaining. Maybe a little.

They were close, both wanting desperately to touch each other but none moved.

“I was napping and forgot.”

He saw the hurt in her eyes and Hyejin looked down at her feet.

“I was really tired.” He added biting his lower lip “I didn't think you would be this upset.”

“I'm not upset!” She said very upset and Jinki laughed.

“So…” She stared at him.

Jinki raised an eyebrow and Hyejin looked around her. They were on the right spot and yet he didn't kiss her yet. He was always the one noticing it first and kissing her.

“So did you miss me?” She asked moving her eyes suggestively to the floor to see if he noticed where they were.

“Yes.” The honey in his voice made her tingle inside “And you, did you miss me?” The answer was clear as day. She wouldn't have called him and texted him so insistently and do all that to see him if she didn't.

“No.”

He chuckled “Of course.”

“Actually,” She remarked playing with her sweater “after you left...after that hug…” she blushed because it was way more than a hug “I missed you.”

He couldnt take his eyes away from her, all the love coming to him. She was truly opening up to him, she was truly falling for him.

“That's why you called me and texted me?”

“I was sad because…” She was speaking so low and avoiding looking at him that he pulled her chin up making her face him. Minho did that to her before and yet when it was Jinki doing it her body reacted in a complete different way. She blushed deeply when his eyes met hers and Jinki had to fight his wish to pull her in for a kiss. He wanted, he needed to listen to what she had to say. “Because you weren't waiting for me today.”

“I had things to do” - he cleaned her apartment - “and then I went home and fell asleep. I swear I didn't mean to let you come home alone or ignore your texts and phonecalls.”

“Ok.” He seemed honest.

She raised her head, parting her lips slightly and Jinki knew what she wanted and even though he wanted to kiss her he was going to a lot longer.

“I am tired.” He rubbed the back of his head “I'm going home.”

“But...but you said you were napping just now.”

Oops.

She frowned analyzing his story “Why are you coming from the bus stop when you said you were napping home?”

“Who said I was napping home? “ He corrected quickly “I was sleeping at this chicken restaurant I went to.”

“Oh.” That was something that could happen to him. “Were you drinking again?”

“What? No! That’s how tired I was! Your fault!”

“Why is it my fault?” She asked frustrated since she had no idea he spent the afternoon cleaning her house.

“Anyway. Good night!” He turned around to leave and Hyejin stood there speechless watching him walk away. She didn't know what to say or do to make it clear that they were at the kissing spot.

“Y-You forgot!” She screamed making him turn.

“What did I forget?” He smiled teasingly but she didn't seem to notice it, stumbling on her words.

“That---here---we---” She pointed at the ground “We are here. Kissing spot! You forgot!”

“I did.” As if he ever would forget the place they kissed for the first time.

“Wait.” She dashed to him and only stopped when she was in front of him, a few centimeters away. He grabbed her by her arms, caressing her skin with his fingers making her heartbeat accelerate.

“What?”

He wanted her to say it with all words, to ask him to kiss her.

“You have to kiss at the kissing spot.” She said instead as if that was a written rule he had to obey to and not something he only made up so he could have an excuse to kiss her.

“I know, but…” He moved his chin to the ground “We are no longer at the kissing spot.”

She widened her eyes alarmed and Jinki chuckled with her disappointment.

“Do you still want me to kiss you?” He asked leaning closer to her, so close she shut her eyes briefly thinking that he was going to kiss her.

She fluttered her eyes open and that spicy and sweet taste assaulted him at the same time his heart skipped a beat.

She was so beautiful and he was sure he never felt anything like that with anyone else.

“Yes.”

He caressed her cheek and she closed her eyes holding her breath. That wasn't exactly what he wanted but he was afraid to insist and ruin everything. He was sure she would scream at him, or push him away if he asked for it.

“Can't you come home with me?” Her request made his chest ache. It would be the third night he would sleep with her, because he was sure that would happen. Worse, after the fiasco from the night before they might even end up having .

“Last night I barely slept.” She said grabbing his hand on her cheek and pulling it against her chest “I kept thinking and I had that nightmare again.” She bit her lower lip “I felt safer when you stayed with me.”

He also felt relieved when he stayed with her but that wasn't a solution. He wasn't even sure if staying by her side was a good idea.

“I can't. I need to sleep. I'm tired.”

That made no sense to her “I have a bed. You can sleep there.”

“Hyejin…we both know we won’t only sleep if I go with you.”

Her lips curled a little and he raised an eyebrow. Did she just smile happy with his comment?! Was she that ?

“I-I need your kisses.” Apparently she was “And you to hug me and touch me.” He wondered if she was going to use the Minho card again but she didn't “I'm going insane wanting you.”

His heart was a mess and his senses as a god were like a broken compass. There were so many emotions he could taste and all were so delicious. It was like a feast of senses, probably only a small bite of what having with her would feel. And it wasn’t only hers, his were making him confused also.

“I’m also going insane.”

Jinki groaned fighting himself and Hyejin waited patiently trying to read his eyes.

“This is wrong…” He mumbled confusing her.

“Wrong why?”

Because he wasn't who she thought he was. Jinki was lying to her.

“Nothing is wrong...it feels just right.” She leaned her head against his chest embarrassed and he lost his control pulling her head up, cupping her face, squishing her cheeks to pull her for a kiss.

The awkward kiss became more natural and he released her face, pulling her by her back into his arms, kissing her more passionately.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, humming softly against his lips until he broke the kiss.

She fluttered her eyes open and stood there without saying anything only looking at him, her face paling.

“Hyejin?” He wondered if she was feeling sick but he realized too late what was wrong.

“Your eyes…”

His body betrayed him again. That cocktail of feelings she felt when she was with him, that she fed him, was making Jinki lose his control over his god side once again.

She pulled away from him slowly and covered .

He turned around quickly cursing under his breath.

“Your eyes just now, they were blue.” She mumbled and he laughed nervously.

“No way.” He laughed again “That's impossible.” The contact lenses excuse sometimes worked but there was no way he could say it was that when his eyes were dark before he kissed her.

She pulled him to face her and she uncovered “They are dark again but I swear they were blue just now.”

He was relieved that they were at least back to normal. Maybe he could try to convince her that it was the light of the street lamps that confused her. If only she was drunk…

“No. It was probably the light that…”

“They were blue.” She insisted “Blue as the eyes of the ghost and the creature in my dream.”

14t81v9.jpg

Hello ~

We are reaching a turning point in this fic. I hope I didn’t disappoint until now and you are still enjoying it.

Hyejin is finally falling for Jinki and it’s becoming harder for Jinki to hide his true self. Also Minho liked Hyejin….oh what will happen next? XD