A Good Leader

A Good Leader

Happy birthday to my ultimate bias, Lee Jinki. I actually had this lying around for a few months, but hadn't planned on ever releasing it. But then I saw Onew's birthday coming up, and I got an idea to post it on his birthday. So I finished it and rewrote some bits of it. 

Very Onew-centric, and super cheesy, but I hope that's okay. 

#HappyBirthdayOnew
#HappyOnewDay

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️


SHINee was walking down the hallway at an SM meeting. It was a meeting where all the SM bands gathered and talked about the further for each band.

"We would like to introduce a new band to you all. Here is the boys of 'Galaxi'. I hope that you will all take good care of them." The SM director said. 4 boys stood in the door. The oldest was probably around 18 or 19, with the youngest maybe 15. Everyone greeted them, and the meeting went on. After it ended, everyone left the room. SHINee left as the last, like always, to show respect to the others. As they passed throughout the door, Galaxi was apperantly waiting for them outside the door. As they walked up to the new boys, SHINee bowed to them, respectfully. The others did the same, except the leader. Onew looked at him questioningly.

"So you are the "shining SHINee"?" He asked.

"We are, welcome to SMTown." He said, in his normal polite voice, despite the angry glares he got from the other group. The leader of the younger group looked at SHINee like they were dirt under his shoe. 

"We are going to make you eat dirt." He said. Jonghyun pushed gently past Onew and stood face to face with the younger boy.

"We are the hyungs. Show some respect." He glared.

"Respect? To a boy who is barely older than me? And to a guy who can't sing? Then there is the 'umma'? And a complete moronic hothead? And a bad leader? You want me to show respect?" He asked. Jonghyun looked like he was going to rip the guy apart.

"How dare you say something like that to us?" He asked in disbelief.

"What? That your leader is a loser? You must know that yourselves." He grinned. Jonghyun looked over at Onew, who shook his head.

"Jonghyun, don't do this now." He said, gently grapping his dongsaeng's arm. Jonghyun stood still for a second, debating. 

"No, I won't let it go." He said turning to the other group.

"Please Jonghyun, for my sake?" Onew asked, Jonghyun shoulders sank again and he turned away and faced his leader's gentle eyes.

"Let it go, please?" He asked, quietly. Jonghyun nodded and they walked away.

"Look at that. The leader is scared of a little fight. He won't even throw a little shade at me. What's up, Onew, scared of getting those clean hands a little dirty." He yelled at the boys who were turning their backs. Onew lowered his head and closed his eyes, trying to keep away the words.

"You're a bad leader. You can't even control 4 dogs. Why were you appointed leader. You don't deserve it." He continued. Onew kept trying to keep out the words, but he was more successful than the others.

"You take that back, pabo. If anyone here is a bad leader, it's you. You can't even get your members to do as you say." Key said.

"Key hyung is right. A leader is nothing without his dongsaengs, and Onew hyung know that we have his back at all times." Taemin said. Onew turned at them, but kept quiet, wondering what would happened next.

"If you insult my leader, I will make you suffer until you wish that you were never born." Jonghyun said, threateningly. Onew was about to tell him to back down, until Minho spoke.

"A leader isn't defined by his ability to control others, but by his willingness to put others before himself. And Onew hyung is the definition of that saying." Minho said. Until now, Minho hadn't spoke, but as the rest of the group spoke up, so would he. He cared as much about Onew as the others.

"Guys, I think they have learned their lesson. They only say those things to make others feel bad about themselves. You are better than this, please just let it go now." He said, getting everyone's attention. The other group, except the leader, didn't look at him with hate anymore. They were looking into the floor, ashamed of themselves. 

 

As SHINee walked away, Jonghyun suddenly spoke up.

"If they ever bother us again, I'll tear their lungs out and choke them with it." Jonghyun muttered. They others just shook their heads. 

"Thanks guys. For standing up for me, I mean." Onew said, turning to face the others. 

"What are friends for, right?" Minho said, wrapping an arm around the shorter leader. Soon, they were all wrapped up in a group hug. 

 

An idol group might only last so long, but real friendship can last forever.