Unforgotten Love

We Don't Talk Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

003

 

 

Author's POV

“Sehun you’re walking too fast. I’m tired of catching up. Slow down already.” Sehun heard Jiyeon was yelling behind him but he ignored her and kept his fast pace anyway, “Yah Oh Sehun!” With that, something hit Sehun’s back and made him stopped.

He turned around and saw Jiyeon was standing a few meters away with on her feet left . He looked down and saw a shoe next to his feet, which was Jiyeon’s. He took it and made his way towards Jiyeon who was pouting. He kneeled down and put the shoe back on her feet. Without saying anything, he stood up and kept walking.

“Sehun what’s wrong?!” Jiyeon ran and grabbed Sehun’s arm, stopping him.

“You still don’t get it?” Sehun gave Jiyeon an annoyed gaze.

“Hmm. No?” Jiyeon grinned.

“We were supposed to celebrate my birthday together today, weren’t we? We planned to go to the restaurant to celebrate my birthday but you brought your boss along and it ended up as a regular eating out session. And he’s paying too! It hurts my pride.” Sehun finally blurted out everything.

Jiyeon turned speechless for a few seconds and her eyes were locked with Sehun’s, “Oh my God… I’m so sorry Sehun. It’s indeed my fault. I’m too excited to introduce you guys to each other that I forgot we originally planned this to celebrate your birthday. I’m so sorry.” Jiyeon advanced forward and wrapped her arms around Sehun’s waist, hugging him.

“It’s okay babe.” Sehun then hugged Jiyeon back while caressing her head, “Let’s just celebrate at home, on the bed.”

“ert!” Jiyeon pulled away and hit Sehun’s chest once.

She then stuck out her tongue before running away, signaling Sehun to chase after her. However, her heels broke and she fell onto the ground. Sehun rushed towards Jiyeon and helped her to stand up but she fell again due to imbalance caused by the broken heel.

“Wargh this is so embarrassing!” Jiyeon exclaimed.

Sehun only laughed before he helped taking off both of Jiyeon’s shoes, including the broken one. He gestured Jiyeon to hold them before he showed his back to her, “Hop on my back.”

“Nooo I’m heavy!” Jiyeon refused.

“I know! Quickly. Don’t you believe in me?”

“Okay then…” Jiyeon wrapped her arms around Sehun’s neck and let Sehun piggybacked her.

 

---

 

Sehun was standing in front of the house resisting the coldness as his eyes anxiously fixed on the street. Sometimes he would squat down on the ground, and sometimes he would stand straight while hiding his hands in his jacket. It was already 10.00 p.m. but Jiyeon still wasn’t coming back from her work. He tried calling her a few times but her phone seemed to be dead. Worried, Sehun waited for her to comeback outside the house although the temperature was really low. He tried calling her office but no one was answering because work hour had ended hours ago. As he decided to go and look for Jiyeon, she suddenly appeared running looking so exhausted.

“Jiyeon!” Sehun ran towards her and hugged her tightly, “Where were you? I’m so freaking worried.

Jiyeon only chuckled before she hugged Sehun back, “It’s an urgent matter. I had to visit the venue of our big big upcoming project I’ve been working on since it’s confirmed to be held there. I wanted to inform you by the battery is dead.” She explained.

Sehun broke the hug and looked at Jiyeon with a sulky face, “Don’t do this again next time. There’s a lot of kidnapping nowadays.”

“I like it when you’re being protective. It makes me feel loved.” Jiyeon brightly grinned although exhaustion obviously shown on her face.

“Come here.” Sehun then pulled Jiyeon closer before he carried her in his arms into the house and not letting her to use any more of her energy.

 

Jiyeon came out from the bathroom wearing a baby t-shirt and a shorts, a comfortable attire to sleep. Sehun was already on the bed wearing only his boxer shorts, showing off his torso to Jiyeon. She only chuckled upon seeing posed ily on the bed. He patted the empty space next to him, signaling Jiyeon to come and lie next to him. Jiyeon showed an OK sign before she switched off the light and left only the table lamp on. She then settled on the bed next to Sehun, borrowing his arm as her pillow, and letting Sehun secured her in his embrace.

“Sehun,” Jiyeon called while she caressed his arm.

“Hmm?” Sehun murmured an answer, still holding Jiyeon in his arms.

“I’ll be coming home late till the end of this week to finish the final preparation of our event. Is that fine with you?” She asked.

“It’s fine. I’ll fetch you at work okay? It’s dangerous coming back alone at night.” Sehun suggested.

“It’s okay Sehun. Director Lee said he can drop me home for the time being, since it’s dangerous.”

“Director Lee? That Jongsuk guy from before? He’s that nice?” Sehun asked.

“That Jongsuk guy? Come on Sehun he’s my boss.” Jiyeon lightly hit Sehun’s chest.

“He’s your boss, not mine. He said I can just call him Jongsuk. But are you sure he’s trustable? What if you left me for him?” Sehun voiced out his insecurities.

“Don’t worry. He’s a nice guy but I love you, so much!” Jiyeon assured before she planted a soft peck on Sehun’s lips.

“I love you so much too!” Sehun then attacked Jiyeon’s face with countless kisses and their laughter filled the room that night.

 

------------------------------

 

The week almost comes to its end, and it had been days since Jiyeon arrived home late at night. For the first few days, Sehun stayed awake to wait for her and to ensure she arrived safe and sound. But as the days went on and Jiyeon came home later and later, Sehun tend to fall asleep first and when he woke up the next day, Jiyeon had already left for work. Just like that, he missed her and he could hardly feel her existence although they were on the same bed because she was barely around. As time passed, it’s finally Sunday and just like the day before, Jiyeon wasn’t there once Sehun woke up from his sleep. He went to the bathroom and cleaned himself, preparing himself to go out somewhere since the house felt so empty and boring. However when he came out from the bathroom, he noticed something on the dressing table, a purple glittery card. He took it and read the words printed on the card.

 

Busan Annual Food Festival & Conference

VIP Invitation Card

 

Sehun only smiled upon seeing the card, realizing that the event Jiyeon had been working on was held today. He checked the venue and time at the back of the invitation card before he began searching for something to wear. As he was browsing through the closet, his eyes suddenly caught a white gift box at the bottom which he knew wasn’t even existed yet last night. He read the word ‘Gucci’ which was nicely printed in silver font on the box before he proceeded to opening it. There was nothing inside except for a small card. He took it and read what’s written there.

 

Wear this to the event.
You’ll look great. - LJS

 

“LJS. Lee Jongsuk?” Sehun asked himself, seemed rather uncomfortable upon saying that name, “What is he up to? He probably thought Jiyeon is an easy girl. She already got me, idiot.” Sehun grumbled as he put on his best outfit.

 

 

Sehun entered the hall after presenting the invitation card Jiyeon left. A classy-looking Personnel led his way to a table at the most front. The other guests seemed to be important figures as they all looked refined and classy. Only a few of them including Sehun seemed young while the others were all in their 30s to 50s. Sehun was seated at a round table for ten with other people he didn’t know at all. He thought Jiyeon would accompany him but he was wrong about it. The event began and all the guests were served with their first course and two chefs appeared on the stage demonstrating the cooking process of the dish on the table in front of them. Famished because he came straight here without having breakfast or brunch first, Sehun quickly ate the delicious looking food in front of him. About ten minutes later, the waiters and waitressed approached all the tables and collected the plates. Now other chef presented on the stage while the guests were served with a tempting-looking beverage. Right at that moment, Sehun finally saw Jiyeon walking around talking to the guests from table to table whilst smiling prettily.

“She’s… so pretty.” Sehun whispered to himself.

She was wearing Gucci’s pink sleeveless lace dress which suited her body so well. Her hair was nicely done in a simple messy bun. Sehun was simply happy seeing how pretty his woman was, but his smile disappeared in a split second when he noticed a tall fair-skinned guy nicely dressed in a fine-looking suit that fitted his body proportion really well was standing right next to Jiyeon. They walked side by side, and they gave out a matching aura, as if they were born for each other. Sehun quickly looked away, couldn’t bear watching Jiyeon with someone else.

“Now we’ll invite Busan FoodTech Corporation’s CEO, Mr. Lee.”

The emcee announced after all the courses had already been served including the dessert. Sehun clapped along the other guests as a sophisticated man walked onto the stage, but his eyes were fixed on Jiyeon and Sehun who were standing by the stage next to each other. The hall turned silent when the CEO delivered his speech.

“This event is a success, and I’m so proud of my son and our marketing manager, Miss Park Jiyeon.” The CEO addressed as he pointed towards Jiyeon and Jongsuk’s direction, “Congratulation to both of you.”

The floor applauded as Jongsuk and Jiyeon politely bowed as a thank you. Sehun halfheartedly clapped along while his eyes were still on both of them. His heart felt like it was stabbed when he saw Jongsuk pulled Jiyeon into a hug and his heart almost exploded when Jiyeon hugged Jongsuk back. As the event came to an end and the guests all prepared to leave, Sehun made his way to Jiyeon and Jongsuk.

“Jiyeon, let’s go back together.” He said without greeting them first.

“Sehun-ssi, glad to see you here. Did you enjoy the food?” Jongsuk asked, which Sehun replied with a light nod.

“Let’s go Jiyeon.” He grabbed Jiyeon’s wrist.

“I’m sorry Sehun but you have to leave first. I still have a lot to do here.” Jiyeon refused as she removed Sehun’s grip from her wrist.

“Then I’ll wait.” Sehun insisted.

“Don’t worry Sehun. Director Lee will send me home later. You should go first.” Jiyeon gave him an assuring smile, but he just couldn’t stop feeling insecure.

“Jiyeon, come here for a while!” Someone suddenly called for her from the stage and Jiyeon waved at Sehun briefly before she left. Jongsuk too followed along, leaving Sehun alone there. He sighed heavily and finally turned around to make his way out of the hall.

 

---

 

Jiyeon thanked Jongsuk with a smile before she came out from the car. She wished him a good night before she closed the car door and waved at him. Once the car sprinted away, she turned around and quickly made her way to the door. She took out her key as she stepped forward. But as she lifted up her face to insert the key, she gasped in shock upon seeing Sehun was standing there leaning his back against the wall in the darkness.

“You surprised me, Sehun!” She cried while caressing her chest.

“I’ve been standing there since a while ago but you didn’t even notice me.” Sehun told, still hasn’t moved.

“Why are you outside here? Oh! You’re still wearing the clothes from this afternoon?”

“Yes. I’ve been standing here waiting for you.”

“Ah why? You could’ve just waited for me inside. Are you okay?” She gave Sehun a concerned gaze.

“Why didn’t you answer my call?” He deliberately asked ignoring Jiyeon’s question.

“You called?” She then took out the phone from her handbag and saw there were almost twenty miscalls from him, “I’m sorry my phone was on silent mode. Let’s go inside now.” She held Sehun hand and pulled Sehun but he resisted.

“You have changed.”

“It’s not like that Sehun. I was just busy. Starting from tomorrow, I’ll be back to normal.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter