Chapter 1

Summer Holiday

Park ShinHye

I have been living in New York for the last 5 year, alone. It's not that I don't have a family I do I have 2 beautiful sisters and a loving father, but I left them because it was what I did, when things got bad I ran. It's in our human nature to do what we know best, for me when I have the choice to fight or flight, I would flight. I've never been away from them for this long, but to recover from what had happened, I had to leave and I can now proudly say I am in a better place, healthier than ever. I was an obese child, who loved food but, her body didn't. I had a family with a father, mother and sisters. But it was never a happily ever after for us, even though the child in me would have loved that. My mother, bless that woman, no matter how much I hate her I think now I can thank her because if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be what I am today.

Let's take this back to 5 years ago, 2 days before I left everything I know and came here, somewhere I don't know anyone and where no one knows me. It was 3am and like almost every night I was up, not because I wanted to be, but because my mother had just got back in and my mother and father thing 3am on a school night is the best time to have an argument. I have always wanted them to break up they were not happy we were not happy. So this argument went on and this was the longest one it was 5am and they were still going, I couldn't leave my room and go to Victoria's room as they would see me. So I waited, as things settled, I ended up falling asleep.

Later that day I was walking home, I was never confident enough to go out or do after school clubs, I couldn't make friends, so what I would do it go straight home and finish my homework and watch TV. However, today changed my life forever, walking up my drive I had a weird feeling in my stomach, but ignoring it I carried on and as soon as I opened the door my younger sister Soeun (14) was getting pulled down the stairs by my mother while 3 guys had my older sister victoria pinned to the wall. My mother sees me my first instinct is to run but my legs wouldn't move, I wanted to scream but I had no voice coming out, then next thing I remember was I was on the floor bleeding from my head, as I lost consciousness I could hear Soeun cry and Victoria scream out my name. My mother hit me, the lady that gave birth to me and looked after me for the last 17 year was able to harm me. It felt like seconds but I wasn't on the carpet of my house anymore, I was in a vehicle, but where to? Is victoria here? She said she would never let anything happen to us, all I want right now is a warm hug from her, I know she's there I can feel her presence but why won't she come to me, and that's when it all came back to me. I still couldn't move, but I could hear someone talk, I was my mother and she was talking to a man, a voice I couldn't recognise, "Which one did he want" it was her voice but it was so cold "He wants the tall one, and he's not gonna give you anything less so think about your choices, if you are so picky you might not even make a penny" his voice was chilled, too chilled for my liking, but what were they talking about. "I wouldn't sale the fat one for that price for get victoria, I could make millions from Victoria so tell him if he wants her he needs to rethink his offer" She's not, she wouldn't, would she. This was the least of my worries I need to get out of her. I realised I hadn't opened my eyes but as I did I wish I would have kept them shut, next to me was a bruised Soeun and in front of us was a bleeding victoria. I need to get out of here, we need to get out of here.  My phone, I had to call dad, he needs to get us out of here, but before I could get to my pocket the van stopped and some men started to grab us out. 3 nights we we're tortured, I was tasered as kicked a man who was trying to take victoria away from me, we didn't give up, it took my dad 3 days to find us, but we are just grateful he found us. My mother was sectioned and dad got full custody of us, however going back home and living in the same place where she used to be was killing me she broke me not only physically but mentally and emotionally. I couldn't do it, I had to leave, and that is exactly what I did. I left for New York the next day, Victoria and Soeun moved to London and dad stayed in the country. They visit him every year, I have planned to go go every year but my anxiety wouldn't allow me to.

I have spent the last 5 years losing a lot of weight, not for anyone but myself, I believe if you are not happy about something about yourself do something about it, it wasn't easy but I did it, I work with autistic children they make me happy, I love my job and wouldn't change it for anything. I am confident, happy, healthy and I am doing what I love.

"HYE, COME ON WE'RE GETTING LATE" "I'm coming Yuri, 5 minutes" That's Yuri my best friend, the person I spend time. She has helped me grow as a person. We have one big shop to do before I leave for England tomorrow.