fin.

does the sun live in your face?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hwiyoung was very careful with his actions. Really. He was. He would at least like to think he was better than his roommate Dawon when it came to Very Important Stuff. He’s never left the water running in the bathroom, nor has he ever forgotten to close the refrigerator door; that was a pain, both cleaning up and the spoiled food that had to go to waste, but at least Dawon was in charge of buying food supplies for a whole week and made Hwiyoung’s wallet breathe a sigh of relief. So maybe he wasn’t the most careful guy out there, but he was definitely more careful than Dawon,

Which could only mean that the reason why his usually fully charged laptop was teetering over the edge of 10% was Not His Fault. 

He blames Dawon, of course. 

Hwiyoung didn’t just forget to plug it in the night before. Of course not. 

Normally, this wasn’t a problem. The cafe Hwiyoung frequented when he had to cram his papers or work on projects had outlets situated near every other table. His usual process involved arriving at the cafe and looking for a seat next to an outlet— if there’s none available, that’s no problem, his laptop should be charged at 100% anyway and  wouldn’t die off till a few more hours. By then, there’s usually an outlet available for him already. 

Sadly, today was just not Hwiyoung’s day because first off, the cafe was packed full of students who were most likely cramming their last few requirements too. It was the last few weeks till Christmas break, which meant the university students pretty much lived on coffee, and Hwiyoung just barely found an empty seat. The table did not have a nearby outlet, however. In fact, every outlet in the cafe was in use by a rushing student (or a dying student, or both. It’s usually both.)

Except one.

Just to put it out there, Hwiyoung was also, usually, not the type to have qualms about speaking to people. Maybe a few years back when he was still getting used to the Seoul atmosphere, but not anytime recently. The blonde guy sitting by the only unused plug was probably around his age, a year or two older judging by the books on his table. He had no laptop in sight, which was pretty rare, but it gave Hwiyoung the very obvious notion that the boy would not be using the outlet any time soon. His problem had nothing to do with the age difference, either, since he’s used to having much older peers.

The thing is, said blonde guy sitting by the empty plug was undeniably handsome. 

Hwiyoung wasn’t good at talking to handsome guys. Nope, not at all. 

Especially when the blonde guy had warm chocolatey eyes and a smile brighter than a thousand suns. It’s no exaggeration, Hwiyoung has been eyeing the plug— and in turn, the Handsome Guy— enough to have seen the latter smile once his food order was served. He had smiled, bright and blinding, and enough to melt Hwiyoung right down to his knees and toes. It didn’t help that Handsome Guy was bundled up in what would have been a ridiculous looking baby pink hoodie  except that it looked absolutely great on him and matched with his hair in just the right way. 

He was definitely the type that Hwiyoung would be Very Very Shy around. 

Hwiyoung would have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter