I'm Sorry

Too Late To Say Sorry

Joonmyeon's POV

Today marks the second year anniversary since his accident. I remember that day as if it was yesterday. I was on the phone with him and the last thing I heard from him was that he hated me. I never had the chance to tell him how sorry I was.

*FLASHBACK*

"Yixing, there's nothing to discuss. She doesn't love you the way I do. Please come home to me and let's talk about this."

I knew Yixing was in love with Krystal but she loved Kai more and was just using Yixing for his kindness. And how I hated her for using the love of my life like that. I tried to tell him that Krystal was doing that but he wouldn't believe me and now he's driving down the road in my car while it's snowing outside with the icy roads and I'm worried about him. He's not thinking straight and I wanted him to turn the car around and come back home.

"Joonmyeon, I have nothing to say to you. I need to see her and ask her myself. I love her so she must feel the same way. Now, stop distracting me."

"I'm trying to prevent you from getting hurt when she tells you that she doesn't love you like a girlfriend should. It will break your heart sweetie and I hate to see you hurt. Please come back home, Yixing."

"You know what, Joonmyeon? Just stop lying to me because you can't accept the fact that she makes me happy."

"What about me? Do my feelings not matter to you anymore?"

"Don't do that, Joonmyeon. You know I care about you but we can't be together like me and her can."

I decided to test him by breaking him. When Yixing is cornered, he'll usually crack so I tried my hardest to lie to him to get him to realize his feelings for me.

"Yixing, you know what? Never mind then. Go to her if that's what you desire. But don't come crawling back to me when she breaks your ing heart. I'm dead to you from now on, do you hear me? I hope she drags your heart through the ing dirt."

And there he broke. A gasp left his lips and I heard his breath hitch and a sob and sniff come out. And I thought I had succeeded but his next words caught me off guard.

"I hate you! You never loved me because you wouldn't say that so easily if you did. Go to Hell then!"

I wanted to say something back but it was too late as I heard him gasp and I heard a crash on his side of the phone. I screamed out his name multiple times but got no reply. Moments later, a voice came through and someone was telling me that Yixing had been found crushed inside his car and he was barely hanging on. I felt my heart shatter as I raced to the hospital they were taking him to.

Once I got there, I had called the other members and waited for them to get there. I stood outside the room, praying that he would be okay. After a while, the doctors came out and told me that he was going to be in a coma and if he woke up, it would be a miracle.

*FLASHBACK END*

Now here I am, standing by his side and holding his hand as I have every day since he got here. The other members have all left and the doctors came in earlier to tell us that Yixing is slowly losing his battle. I told them all to leave the room because I wanted to be the last person to see him. I held his hand and cried into his palm.

"Yixing, I hate this! I hate that you're leaving me when all I ever wanted was for you to come home to me. I know this isn't something you want to hear but Krystal is with Jongin and they are going strong. She's holding him up with Kyungsoo's help as well. It that Jongin can't pick between the two of them but hey, it's his life and he has to live with it. You, on the other hand, have a decision to make. Live for me, yourself, and the other members. We need you baby, hell, I need you. I need you to see how sorry I am for lying to you and causing you to be in this state. Wake up and let me right my wrongs. Let me love you."

Nothing. Not even a rise of his chest. The doctors told me that tomorrow they are going to pull the plug and if I wanted to be here, I could. But I knew I wouldn't want to see him go. So with one last kiss on his lips, I shed some tears and walked out. The other members called out to me but I tuned them out. If Yixing was dying tomorrow, I wouldn't let him be alone.

THE NEXT DAY

Jongin's POV

"We are here today to celebrate the lives of Zhang Yixing and Kim Joonmyeon. They were our best friends and both someone we truely loved. It saddens us all that they both left us so suddenly but at least we can take comfort in knowing that they are together and are living happily in love. We will miss them both greatly and hope they are looking down on us, smiling."

Joonmyeon hyung killed himself the day the doctors pulled the plug on Yixing hyung. I knew he would but I hoped he wouldn't. Knowing him though, I figured he didn't want Yixing hyung to be alone in Heaven. We were all here to see them off and it was hard for us all but we knew we would be okay because that's what our leader would have wanted.

Two years passed and we lost two friends. But I know that they are finally together and happy so that makes us all happy.

We had them buried next to each other and a single tombstone with both of their names on it.

 

 

Kim Joonmyeon & Zhang Yixing

 1991-2016

Brothers and lovers; we are one