Gone

Peter Pan

Zaynah POV.

You woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the brightness of the sunlight bouncing off the corners of your room. You stretched feeling a little better compared to yesterday. You reached over to grab your phone to realise that there were unopened texts from your friends.

6:01am 

Zaynah what happened to Sehun, I thought he was still with you, how come he moved out?

6:05am

Zaynah I hope you wake up soon, you should really check the news, ill link you to the article. ( insert link here )

You tapped the link, a little curious as to what it might contain, and you instantly dropped your phone after realising who it was about. You sat there without moving, eyes wide, and you could feel tears threatening to spill from your eyes. Sehun had passed away. You quickly looked at your phone once more and the words, CANCER, DIED, LAST NIGHT caught your attention. And you knew that you should've tried harder to get it out of him that he was ill.

You should've known that this was his problem, he had issues with playing anything that required anything physical when he was in high-school. You started sobbing and clutched the bed sheets tightly. Why did it have to be him? Why not you instead, but then you remembered your baby, the only memory that was left after realising what had happened to the baby's father.

You cried that whole night, kept awake by the shocking news. The night owls sung their lonely songs outside, birds now sleeping and crickets chirping loudly.