Not Alone - MiChaeng

Twice One Shot Series (Discontinued)

The place where we always go to have a cup of coffee

I'm here alone today 

The note of our first day is still here

The image is my distant memory

Somehow looked really good

I become afraid of my current image

Where loneliness has stopped at that time

Even though I've walked on the other streets

Even when I turn around and come in a distance, it's always in its place

No one here would eveb know that I'm alone

It's quiet as if it's someone that didn't exist, at all

 

--

Mina found herself in this cafe again, sipping the hot chocolate served by the gingerhead waitress, her gaze never leave the pianist.

 

The singer was so immersed in her song, the tunes came out from the piano combines perfectly with her voice, echoing inside the cafe.

--

The first time she came here, the singer was singing ' How Can I Do (Letter To Heaven) '.

She was waiting for Momo to finish her dance class to finish before they go have some sushi together with Sana. 

 

Her eyes was just wandering around, looking out the window, observing people who walks past the cafe. The statue-like postuer has not changes, until she heard a mellow voice, along with the sound of piano comes out from the stage. She lifts her head, try to look for the owner of the beautiful voice.

 

Her gaze was stuck forever on the singer's face. Just like her voice, she has a perfect side profile, she has a pointy jaw, a tiger-cub like face, that she doesn know the ice queen like face can form a dimple when she smiles to thank her audience.

 

--

 

Mina comes to the cafe more and more often, hoping to see the singer again. 

 

Chaeyoung's POV

 

The redhair girl is staring at me again. 

 

I wonder why she appear more and more to the cafe. She is not a coffee person anyway.

 

Is it because of me? Nah, how would someone hot like her would interested on me? pufhh.

 

But it feels good to see her here, enjoying my music.

 

It's not like others are not enjoying, but her acknowledge of my music can make my day. 

 

The smiles on her face when I'm done performing, I can carry it in my mind, even that empty room of mine cannot bring out the loneliness in me.

 

--

 

She is so beautiful today. She cut her hair short, a bit longer than the shoulder length, and her red hair had changed from the violet red to copper brown. The color suits her well, it bring out the feels of the fall season even it is winter now.

 

Wait. She is walking toward me, is she trying to approach me? What am I gonna say, how am I suppose to react?

 

----

 

 

3rd POV

 

Mina is walking towards the cute cub after she finished her performances. 

 

Just simply come in and have some beverage and stare at her won't take her anywhere near to the cub.

 

Mina knows exactly what she wants. Although she haven't thought of how to get it, she always follows her nature instinct. ' Act first, think later.' is always her motto and way of lifestyle.

 

' Hi.' she simply greets. There ain't other better words to start off a conversation with a stranger, aren't they?

 

' Erm, hello?'

' Mina.'

' Huh?'

' My name.'

' Ohh.. I'm chaeyoung.'

' Would you like to go out with me?' 

' Huh?'

 

Mina doesn't reply, she just simply look at the stunned face of the cub, giving her time to process and come out with an answer.

 

----

 

Chaeyoung's POV

 

Shes asking me out! Ain't it too early for that, should I reject? But it is rude to do so, and we may have no other chance to talk again.

 

My brain is running out of processor now, it is totally jammed right now, the script shouldn't be like that, normal people will ask some normal questions for their first talk like, ' how long do you sing here?' or ' your sing very well'.

 

Guess she is different.

 

--

 

' Why?'

' Hmm?'

' Why you want to ask me out.'

' I want to know you better.'

' And?'

' I like you.'

 

--

 

3rd POV

 

The cub is now stunned again. She is not used to how straightforward the brunette in front of her. Never ever she have meet this kind of person, except tzuyu of course, that kid just can't lie.

 

' Hmm, give me reason why should I go out with you.'

 

Mina tilts her head, trying to see what's inside her brain.

 

' Am I not hot enough to make that request?'

' Erh..'

 

Chaeyoung's cheek is so blush right now, but then she ain't gonna give in that easily.

 

' That doesn't means that I have to go out with you.'

 

Mina raises her eyebrow.

 

' Why? What are you scare of?'

' Pfthhhhh, I'm not scare of anything, it's just not right to go out with a stranger you know.'

 

For the first time since their conversation started, Mina shows a smirk.

 

' Do you really think me as a stranger?'

 

This time, Mina doesn't wait for the cub to reply, she takes her hand, effortlessly drags her out of the cafe.

 

----

 

Chaeyoung's POV

 

The cub's brain goes blank again. The warmth radiated from her hand fills up the empty hole inside her.

 

This is not usual. Why do I feel so secure and safe by just having her holding my hand.?

 

Not wanting to let go, she just follow blindly behind Mina, letting her to lead to wherever it is.

 

--

She takes her time to observe the brunette in front of her. 

 

She looks gorgeous in the white sweater. The black leather pants along with boots makes her more cool. 

 

Just like a black swan. She thought.

 

----

 

 

3rd POV

 

' Where is this?'

 

They reached on the roof of a building. Not recognising what the building is, the cub sound out her curiousity.

 

She looks down to the streets, she can locate the cafe, it is just a few blocks from the building.

 

' This is my practice studio.'

' You own this?

' Practically, me, momo and sana. Though sana just use here as her stress release place.

 

Chaeyoung turns to the brunette, she lifts her eyebrow.

 

' By dancing?'

' Partly correct, she just treat it like a disco pub, dragging me and momo to drink and dance with her.'

 

A discreet smile appears on chaeyoung's face. She was imagining how would the graceful swan would act when shes drunk.

 

The not so discreet smile doesn't goes unnotice by the swan. But she will let it pass, just simply enjoy the view is good enough.

 

' Mina,' damn she likes how her name comes out from the cub. She replies with a short hum, fixing her gaze on the cub.

' What do you like about me.'

' I don't know, you are special, you got my attention at first sight, but each time I look at you you just give me a different kind of feeling.' One thing for sure, the butterflies inside my stomach surely doesn't disappear even a single time. 

 

An awkward silence.

 

' I think I like you too.'

 

--

 

3 months later

 

Chaeyoung is still performing at the cafe. The only difference is the owner of the cafe has changed. The original owner, Irene Bae wants to sell it so she can travels around the world with her girlfriend Wendy Son, who also occasionally perform here, sometimes collab with Chaeyoung although she is a good rapper herself. Well, Chaeyoung's rap skill is unbeatable.

 

Mina decides to buy the cafe since the cafe will still running without her doing anything when she got the cafe a great barista, Yoo Jeongyeon. She is kinda hard to get but thanks to her girlfriend, Im Nayeon who works at here as a waitress, she agreed to work here as a part-timer.

 

Sana and momo always comes here for free drinks. Sana is not a fan of coffee, but the cutie gingerhead who works here gained her attention. She just come here to have some chances to chat with her.

 

Momo is currently dating her hot student, Tzuyu. She is totally equipped with all the requirements for a supermodel. Momo got lucky she able to catch the hot girl's heart during their partner dance. Momo is undoubtfully y while she dances. Anyone who saw her dance will be so absorbed they can't even feel that time has passed.

 

--

 

 

Mina is at her usual spot, sipping her hot chocolate, listening to her girlfriend while looking outside, observing the people.

 

A peck is placed on her cheek, a warm embrace circles around her neck.

 

Chaeyoung just finished her performance. 

 

' Are the sight outside looks better than I am?'

' Well they definitely makes me calm.'

' What does that mean?!'

 

Mina turns around, circles her girlfriend's waist. She gives a small peck on her lips. Moving her head towards the cubs her ear, she whispers.

 

' The sight of you is too perfect I might just drag you upstairs without letting you finish.'

 

Mina smirks at her girlfriend's tomato cheek. The cub always get teased easily, she likes how cute the cub is when she gets shy.

 

' Yah you this hormonal penguin, can you shut down your dirty mind for a while!'

' Anything for my princess, but you can't deny you like it too, can't you?'

 

Chaeyoung just smacks her shoulder, she always loses whenever it comes to this. Mina always suprises her with the different sides of hers.

 

She loves her, so much. She won't be alone again, with Mina by her side.

 

 

___________________________________________________________

Greetings my readers, 

 

As you can see the lyrics is the english translation of chaeyoung's melody project. I am just so poisoned by the song so I decided to write a story that is related xD

 

It is also 1.30 a.m. now so forgive me if the sentences does not circulates properly. I have a lot late sleeps nowadays xD

 

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy the story and comment about your thoughts. *winks*

Till next time

Your author