Final

You Make Me Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

You're better than the best
I'm lucky just to linger in your light
Cooler then the flip side of my pillow, that's right

 

 

“Close your eyes! Come on Baby, stop peeking…” Jiyong pouts as he tries to hide his anniversary gift inside the strawberry ice cream. Today marks their third anniversary and he wanted to make it even more special by giving her a promise ring.

 

“I’m not peeking!” she too, pouts at him for suspecting her.

 

Jiyong grins at the cuteness of his girlfriend. He can’t wait to see her in his school once she officially graduated from High School. She told him that she will take Music in the same University he’s attending and that only means they will have more time to spend with each other.

 

He and his girlfriend, Lee Chaerin, met when her brother forced her to be Jiyong’s partner in their JS Prom. Now, time flies so fast as the couple finally celebrates another successful year with each other. For him, Chaerin is a dream come true… For her, Jiyong is one in a billion.

 

“Okay…close your eyes till I say so.” He playfully instructs as he dips the ring at the middle of her favorite ice cream. “Fine, you can open them now.” He grins.

 

Chaerin blinks cutely, adjusting her eyesight to the surroundings before looking at her boyfriend. Her eyebrow automatically inclines when she notices that nothing new seems to happen ever since he asked her to shut her eyes. “So…what now?”

 

He gives her a mini Rilakkuma plushy that looks more like a keychain before handing her a red rose. “Happy Anniversary Baby…”

 

Chaerin grins and gives him a peck. “Thank you Oppa!” she excitedly handed him her gift. “Happy Anniversary!”

 

Jiyong opens the small box and finds a grey colored neck tie. He chuckles because he knows what she’s up to. “Hey, do you know what it means when a woman gives her man a neck tie?”

 

Chaerin blushes because she thought Jiyong doesn’t know. Her best friend Bommie advises her that if she wanted to hold her boyfriend on his neck, then she must give him a neck tie. Looking for possible excuses, she started blabbering in front of him. “It’s just a…well…ahhh..I think you need one because…ahhh…your minor defense will approach soon. Seunghyun Oppa told me that you needed to wear formal clothes…so…yeah, I gave you a tie.”

 

Jiyong chuckles even more. “Really? Is that all? You didn’t give me this so you can ‘control’ me fully?” he teases her.

 

Chaerin shakes her head no as she grabs her ice cream and eats a spoonful of it. “DushnewtwgatImeean—Af! Whashthiiss?” (That’s not what I mean—Af! What’s this?)

 

Jiyong curls his fist in nervousness when Chaerin picks up the ring that she accidentally bit. She blinks cutely again looking at the sparkling ring in her hand before questioningly gazes at him.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“If you are not clingy as what you’ve told me…then I am. Chaerin-ah, this ring…” he grabs the ring from her and gently wipes it before putting it on her ring finger. “…is a sign of my promise. That only means you are mine alone. One day, this ring will be locked with a new one until I finally lock them all with a permanent ring. I love you my Baby….I love you so much Lee Chaerin.”
 

 

Her heart flutters upon hearing every words he says. It’s as clear as the sky that she’s beyond happy with his gift. She bites her lower lip as her eyes linger more on the ring on her finger. Her hands seems to have a mind on their own as they grab the tie he’s holding and hook his nape with it. “I love you too Oppa…” she kisses him again but this time, it’s a bit longer than a peck. “I’m so lucky I have you… Don’t ever change my Kwon Jiyong…”

 

“I promise…”

 

 

 

 

Completely unaware
Nothing can compare to where you send me,
Lets me know that it's ok, yeah it's ok
And the moments where my good times start to fade

 

 

“Oppa, they were bullying me! I hate them!” Jiyong can’t help but chuckle because he knows that his girlfriend is already pouting on the other line. “They always tell me to wear heels so I can catch up with their heights!”

 

“Just ignore them Baby. You do know that Mino and Bobby love to tease you. Don’t worry, I will talk to them about it okay? Aigoo…my Baby needs Oppa’s hugs.” Jiyong grins as he pertains to his younger brothers who keep on making fun of her. Today is his turn to sleep over in his friend’s house (which happens to be Chaerin’s older brother) after Seunghyun spent the night in his house last week. However, Seunghyun tagged Chaerin along that caused his annoying twin brothers to pick on her.

 

Chaerin pouts still. “I need Oppa’s kisses too…” she shyly mumbles.

 

 He doesn’t need to be told twice. Once he hears what she said, he immediately swipe the curtain donned in the glass wall that separates them. He knocks on the glass wall twice to get her attention as he kisses the transparent wall…hoping that she’ll kiss back the exact spot on the other side.

 

Chaerin giggles as she watches her boyfriend’s antics. She shakes her head, declining his idea but just continue stupidly kissing the glass wall. Giving in, she walks towards him and kisses back the same spot he’s kissing. She knows that both of them looks stupid but a person in love can’t depict the difference between childishness and romance. For the two of them….what they are doing is an act of love.

 

They can only hope that her brother won’t come in any time soon.

 

 

 

 

You make me smile like the sun
Fall out of bed, sing like a bird
Dizzy in my head, spin like a record
Crazy on a Sunday night

 

 

“This one…try this piece…” Jiyong gently presses the piano keys as Chaerin guides his hands. They were practicing for her upcoming play and since Jiyong loves music as well, hanging out with her in ‘boring days’ like this was never an issue.

 

“This?” Jiyong made a weird combinations of keys that produced a funny sound. Chaerin winced at him.

 

“Yah! Are you even listening?” Chaerin guides his hands again hoping that he’ll get the right keys this time. Unbeknownst to her knowledge, a guy who’s not paying attention to whatever she’s teaching will never get close to learning. Jiyong is busy gazing at her beauty that he randomly pressing any keys on the piano just to make it look like he’s listening to her.

 

“How about…this?” and he presses whatever again.

 

“Oppa!” Chaerin pouts adorably making him chuckles. She suspiciously glares at him and realizes the real reason why he never learns. “You Sneaky Dragon! Were you staring at me for the last few hours we’re practicing?”

 

He sighs exaggeratedly for getting busted. “What else can I do? I have a lovely girlfriend right next to me. You can’t expect me to choose piano over her, can you?”

 

She blushes instantly. His antics and his sweet words work on her like magic. “Y…You...Aigoooo!”

 

Jiyong pecks her lips. “So…where are we now Miss Lee?” he kisses her once more. “You’re gonna…” kisses her for the third time, “…teach me the new piece…” kisser her, “…that you’ve just learned right?”

 

Chaerin blushes even deeper and looks around, trying to avoid his intense gaze. She knows that he’s distracting her from their ‘lesson’ and that if she gives in to his advances, they might end up in a long heated make out session.

 

‘Just like the last time…’

 

On the other hand, Jiyong sustains himself from grinning. From the look of his girlfriend, he knows that it’s just a matter of time before…

 

“Oppaaaa…” she blinks cutely again and again before scratching her cheek with her knuckles just like a purring cat. “I’m hungry….” She said in a cute tone, before pouting.

 

He freezes instantly with her adamant display of aegyo. ‘Did she just…’

 

“Opppaaaaaaa….” She pokes his cheek and blinks rapidly again.

 

Jiyong shakes his head, knowing fully that he just lost with the silent battle. “Fine…Fine, I’m gonna behave now. Stop killing me with your cuteness.”

 

Chaerin smirks in victory and gives him a y wink. “Good boy.”

 

He gulps in her swift change of behavior. ‘How can she transform from being sweet and innocent to hot and y right away? You’re a lucky piece of Kwon Jiyong!’ He utters a quick silent prayer, thanking God for giving him the perfect girlfriend he can ever have.

 

 

You make me dance like a fool,
Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold,
Buzz like a bee
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Oh, you make me smile

 

“Who told you to go out in the pouring rain?!” Chaerin nags while drying his hair with a towel. “What if you get sick? Are you out of your mind Oppa?! Do you know how strong the typhoon is? What if you got into an accident while driving here? Aren’t you scared for your own life?”

 

Jiyong pouts while waiting for her to finish her rants.

 

“Why aren’t you speaking? Yah! Kwon Jiyong! Are you even listening to me?” Chaerin take a peek on his face which is being covered by his wet hair. “Why don’t you defend yourself if you can?”

 

Jiyong opens his palm and shows her a semi-wet mini box. He sighs and looks at her, “I just hope it will still function properly. I didn’t know it will rain today. I just thought it’ll be perfect if I give you this… Congratulations for passing your college entrance examination! I can’t wait to see you always in the campus. I’m so excited that I’ve just went out immediately, bought this to be here and personally welcome you…”

 

With that, he opens the now wet miniature jewelry box—the one that Chaerin couldn’t keep her eyes off when they saw it on a display inside an old gallery, hoping that it’ll still drone. Unfortunately, the battery got saturated with the rain and the melodic song won’t play anymore. He curses silently with the epic failure he just committed. He doesn’t want to disappoint her but the weather just didn’t cooperate with him.

 

Chaerin looks at him with wide eyes, touch by his effort of visiting her just to personally congratulate her for the success of her previous exams.  There she is, nagging her boyfriend of going out despite of the bad weather only to realize that he just wanted to surprise her. ‘How can you be so sweet?’

 

He shakes the box hoping that it will still buzz but, “Sorry Chaerin. I’ll just bring this for a repair. Aigoo! I think—“

 

 His words got cut off by her swift kiss. “I love you Jiyong Oppa. I love you so much!” she smiles cheekily and happily snatches the wetted jewelry box from his hand. She looks at it lovingly and squeals over its cuteness. “It’s so pretty!”

 

The idiot guy slowly grins at her gesture. He gave himself an imaginary pat on the shoulder for the job well done. “Now you’re smiling at me! I love you more~” and proceeded to encage her in a bear hug.

 

“Yah! Dry yourself first Oppa!”

 

 

 

Even when you're gone
Somehow you come along
Just like a flower poking through the sidewalk crack
And just like that
You steal away the rain
And just like that

 

 

“Hi Baby! I miss you!!!” Jiyong waves his hand over the webcam as he watches his girlfriend fixing her hair. “Good morning my Love. How’s your sleep?”

 

“Hi Oppa! I miss you too!” she pouts, “I can’t sleep properly. Look, I have eye bags now. It’s your fault because I miss you so much! When are you going back?”

 

“Just few more months Baby.” He sighs. “I’ll just finish my on-job-training and I’ll fly back there immediately. I can’t wait to see you.”

 

“You look tired…and you got thinner!” she complains. “Tell me, do they treat you well? Do you eat on the right time Oppa? Aigoo! If only I’m around, I promise I’m gonna cook something for you!”

 

“Don’t worry about me Chae~. I am good. I just miss you so much. How’s your studies?”

 

“I’m doing great. I keep producing sad melodies and I think my classmates are getting sick of it already. How can I be happy when my inspiration is sooooo far away from me?”

 

Jiyong chuckles at her cuteness before showing her a picture of red roses. “Hey baby? What do you think of these?”

 

“Hmmnnn…Lovely! You’re such a tease! You know I love flowers Oppa! How can I have one when you’re not here?” she pouts adorably again. Jiyong fights the urge to grab his laptop and rain kisses on its screen. Instead, he looks away and dreamily grins.

 

“What will you do if I give you them now?” he cheekily asks.

 

Chaerin chuckles, knowing that he’s becoming delusional again. Maybe he misses her too much that he’s imagining strange things now. Nevertheless, she rides on his trip. “Fine. If you can give me red roses now…name your price!”

 

His dreamy grin suddenly turns into a smirk. He snaps his finger and as if on cue, someone knocks on her door. Chaerin confusedly stands up and attends to her room door, only to find her big brother rolling his eyes while handling her a bouquet of blooming red roses.

 

“Tell your boyfriend that he owes me big time for waking me up just to give you this! Heol!” and Seunghyun storms off, leaving her dumbfounded on her spot.

 

“Baby~” Jiyong screams on the webcam and Chaerin runs to her previous spot immediately. Once he can see her again, with the flowers he specifically ordered online this time, he grins at her asking, “Did you like it?”

 

“Oppa…” her eyes moist at his suddenness. “How can you make me fall for you even more? I mean, how is it even possible for me to fall deeper every day when I already love you too much? Tell me!”

 

Jiyong smiles at her, fighting the urge to be emotional too. “I love you Chaerin…and I’m going to prove you that every single day of my life. This is my happiness Baby…to see you happy. So please, I hope that you’ll never lose that smile of yours because that’s the most precious thing for me.”

 

“I love you so much Oppa!”

 

He grins at her before scratching his head, “So…about my wish…”

 

She smiles eagerly and waited for him to speak.

 

“Chaerin-ah, is it possible if…”

 

 

You make me smile like the sun,
Fall outta bed
Sing like a bird,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter