The Moment of Truth

The Moment of Truth

It all started on one afternoon.

No, it was not a story about love at the first sight. They already knew each other for months when they both changed their mind for each other. It just happened suddenly, as if fate decided to intercept their lives.

It was raining and neither of them brought an umbrella nor wanted to drench their clothes. It was winter's rain, after all. The wind alone already made them shivering, no need to add rain on top of that. They decided to go to coffee shop next to studio instead, since all of his bandmates already left.

"Why you came today? It's not like you to watch our practices."

"Because I have nothing better to do and I remember Sungjin oppa once said that you guys always practice on Wednesday," she replied, before sipped her white coffee."Why Wednesday, though?"

"Because everyone is always busy on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday also a middle day, you know, so our practices becomes like a reminder that we are halfway to weekend."

A nod from her ended their conversation. He silently sipped his coffee, didn't know what to do or say. She was indifferent, only could bring her cup to her face while looking through the windows.

And at that scenery, he felt his heart stopped beating.

The light from the outside made an amazing effect on her. Made her more pretty--no--beautiful than ever.

From that moment, Yoon Dowoon dared to say that he fell in love with Im Nayeon.

.

.

Interestingly, if you ask Nayeon, she would provide you with a similar answer to Dowoon. Their timing to fall in love was not that different.

"You cut your hair, right?"

This question made Nayeon diverting her gaze on Dowoon. Looked at him with such confusion, how could he notice?

"How do you know?"

"Just thought there's something different about you. You look more....fresh?"

Nayeon laughed at his choice of word."Fresh like a fruit?"

"No, no, no. I mean...you look pretty."

Im Nayeon swore her cheeks was a duplicate of tomatoes when she saw the boy in front of her blushed.

.

.

Just liked that, the two of them spent their days fell in love with each other.

On the side note, they did it quietly.

.

.

"When will you confess?" asked Jae suddenly, out of nowhere and left Dowoon with confusion all across his face."Nayeon, I mean. It's so obvious, dude!"

"Wait, wait, you know, hyung?!"

Jae rolled his eyes. Then looked at Younghyun and asked him to explain--he himself didn't have any patience to do it now.

"I think everyone know but her."

"Now you know, reply my question, will you?" asked Jae. Rolled his eyes again when Dowoon didn't show any indication that he understood."When will you confess?"

Dowoon blushed and now he was as red as  a boiled crab. A cute sight to his bandmates eyes, but they wouldn't take that as an answer. It was no matter if Dowoon felt shy or whatever, they would waiting for the answer--no matter for how long.

"No, I think the right question is: Will you ever confess?"

Savage King Wonpil was back. Successfully diverted everybody's attention on him—even Sungjin who usually only listened while set his guitar.

"I...don't know."

Wonpil already made his I-was-right face. But then Jae put his arms around Dowoon, probably wanted to whisper or give some advice, nobody knows.

"And why don't you know?"

"Because she's so pretty and I am not. There'll probably a loads of man who are cooler, smarter, more handsome than me and I'm not stand a chance."

His quick reply was frightening and nobody expected that—even Jae himself.

"Your inferior complex is scaring me," said Jae.

"But you are nowhere to be inferior." This was said by Sungjin, who finally spoke up after only listened to them until just now."You are much more than enough to be with her, I think."

"The problem with that statement is that is your thought, hyung."

For two times in a row, all of his bandmates surprised with Dowoon's behaviour today.

"No, I'm also thinking the same way," added Younghyun.

"So am I."

"You have four votes now, including mine," said Jae. With that he pushed the younger man until Dowoon stood up, his face indicated that he very much confused with this situation."Now, go on and tell her, and do not come back until she said yes!"

With one push, Dowoon was already in front of the studio door. Still confused, he turned around and tried to argue with his bandmates. But, judged by their faces, they didn't want any more argument but Dowoon to just go and did what he needes to do.

"Okay," Dowoon huffed."But if it doesn't work, I'll send each of you to the hell."

"That's the spirit, boy!"

.

.

With her headphones stuffed both of her ears, Nayeon didn't notice Jungyeon's presence until she sat right beside her. Too focused on Dowoon's band performance to even notice her friend.

"What are you watching?"

"Yesterday performance."

Nayeon didn't need to say the name but Jungyeon already know. And she never questioned Nayeon why she still watched the video when she herself went to the performance itself. Maybe Nayeon liked the performance very much, she assumed.

Of course that was not the right reason.

Dowoon is the sole reason why Nayeon even bother to watch the performance again--beside the fact that they were very good. She was always watched their video, only to see Dowoon played his drums.

Kind of useless of course. Especially when Dowoon usually sat on the very back of the stage and covered by either Sungjin or his guitar. If you watched the video from the front, you barely could see Dowoon.

But still, Nayeon watched that.

No one noticed this. Nor the red blush on Nayeon cheeks everytime Dowoon's face was seen. No one knew that she liked the guy but herself. Even Jungyeon didn't aware of this fact.

"Nayeon eonnie! Dowoon oppa is here!" Only Jihyo's voice can reach the living room from the front door of their shared apartment.

"You invite him?

Nayeon shaked her head, also confused why Dowoon came to their apartment in this hour--near 6 p.m.

"I'll just go and talk with him."

Dowoon had his back on her when Nayeon reached the front door. Looked at that and Nayeon could draw a conclusion that the guy was in deep thought.

"Dowoon-ah?" she called softly.

Turned around, Dowoon only could display his trademark grin to Nayeon.

"Nayeon-ah, can you spare some time?"

"Yes, why though?" Nayeon asked again, still confused.

"Wanna take a walk with me?"

.

.

They ended up in coffee shop near Nayeon's shared apartment instead of took a walk like Dowoon suggested. It was already dark to take a walk and Nayeon was craving for some sweet coffee.

Nayeon ordered caramel macchiato and Dowoon stayed with his iced americano. For some time, both of them only stared at their own drink, without exchanged words with each other. Nayeon still waited for Dowoon to speak--because he was the one who looked like he needed to talk--and Dowoon didn't know what to say.

After a long sip, Nayeon couldn't take it anymore and decided to start first.

"Why you come here?"

Dowoon startled but Nayeon didn't surprised with that.

"My team told me to come see you."

Nayeon's brows furrowed,"your team? Why?"

Before answered this question, Dowoo needed some courage for himself. So, he took a sip from his drink and took a deep breathe after.

"They told me to see you and tell you that I like you." Dowoon wasn't so sure how could he say it in one breathe."And I can't go back until you say yes."

"W-what?"

Dowoon needed the deep breathe again.

"I like you, Im Nayeon."

"You like me?"

"How many times do I need to say it?"

Nayeon froze. Couldn't believe what just happened to her. Her crush was confessing to her? Was it a dream or not?

"Nayeon-ah?" From now on, Dowoon started to feel worry. Was he wrong to tell her?

"Sorry, I just--"

"Surprised?"

"Yes," said Nayeon."Not because I didn't expect that from you, but because I...like you too."

Dowoon blinked. He didn't hear it wrongly right?

"Can you repeat that again?"

With a blushed face, Nayeon took a deep breathe and said it out loud.

"I like you too."


fin.