Muffin

What is a Kyungsoo?

2k~

warning: some touching lol


 

It was Saturday morning, and Jongin and Kyungsoo's only child was sitting at the kitchen table with a pitcher of orange juice in front of him and a big gummy smile on his face. 
 

 

The sun was streaming in through the transparent blinds, painting the marble counters a soft gold. Sounds of the faucet pouring water and pieces of bacon sizzling on the pan were the only sounds, minus the sound of a little boy giggling and his parents making small talk. 

 

Jongin stood in front of the stove with his left hand holding the handle of the pan. And a spoon on his right batting the egg white and yolk together. Beside him a few inches away, Kyungsoo was busy slicing some onions and green peppers. 
 

 

Their child sat in the chair reading a children's book they got for him yesterday. A story about a bunny and her son: it was a sweet children's book. It's Kyungsoo's favorite since it was his favorite ever since he was a child. He missed those days where he didn't have any responsibilities to deal with, but being married to Jongin and having a son was everything he'd ever wanted and would never change it for anything in the world. 
 

 

"Are you done cutting the vegetables, Soo?" Jongin asked, sprinkling the scrambled eggs with a few pinches of salt and pepper. 
 

 

Kyungsoo hummed under his breath, passing a plate with onions and green peppers to his husband, where Jongin dumped it into the pan with the eggs and mixed it to create the sun, the clouds, and the grass. 
 

 

"Bomsil, how do you want your eggs?"
 

 

The scrambled eggs were now served on a beautiful China plate and set at the table where Kyungsoo served a dish for himself and his husband. 
 

 

"Sunnyside up, daddy!" Bomsil chirped from his seat, tiny fingers flipping the page while his pajama-clad legs dangled from the chair. 
 

 

Kyungsoo opened the drawer to take out three sets of forks and knives, to which he sets them down on decorative napkins. Jongin always thought that buying towels with all sorts of flowers printed on them was stupid because they'd be going in the garbage after being used, but whatever Kyungsoo wanted Kyungsoo got. 
 

 

After the table's set, Kyungsoo walked around and bent down to place a kiss on Bomsil's head, ruffling the child's hair before walking away to his husband. Jongin, about done flipping the egg, almost jumped when two arms wrapped around his waist and a warm breath against the back of his neck. 
 

 

"You always smell really good in the mornings, Jongin," Kyungsoo murmured against the younger's shoulder. He smiled when he spotted a blush on Jongin's cheeks. 
 

 

Jongin turned off the stove after placing the fried egg and slices of bacon on the plate before turning around and kissing his husband on the lips. "You think so?" 
 

 

Kyungsoo tilted his head up to press another soft kiss on Jongin's lips. "I always think so."
 

 

The family of three ate together in silence. The atmosphere was comfortable and warm. 

 

 

It was close to noon when Kyungsoo excused himself upstairs to prepare himself for the day. 
 

 

Bomsil helped his father wash and put away the dishes. He was only eight-years-old, but Jongin knew his son was a good boy. "He's a good kid – he's fragile," the teachers would say to them. Jongin knew Bomsil came out looking like himself but with the personality of Kyungsoo. He was quite stubborn and often a handful to deal with, but Jongin was used to it by now. He loved his son with all he was. 
 

 

"Daddy? What is a Kyungsoo?" Bomsil asked as he was passed a wet plate to dry. 
 

 

A vase of marigold flowers sat on the edge of the window sill. 
 

 

Jongin focused on scrubbing off the yolk from the plate. "Kyungsoo is a…muffin." 
 

 

"What kind?"
 

 

The stain got removed, and so did the suds. Jongin passed the next plate to his son. "Milk."
 

 

"A milk muffin?" The towel squeaked against the glass plate. 
 

 

"Yes, baby," Jongin grabbed the soap bottle and drizzled a bit on the sponge before dipping his hand down into the cloudy water to grab another plate. 
 

 

"With chunks of strawberries. Dad is a milk muffin with bits of strawberries."

 

 

+

 

 

It was Monday morning, and the sun was hiding behind the clouds, but even so, it was still slightly warm outside. 
 

 

Jongin was standing in the kitchen with Kyungsoo and white aprons tied around them. In front of them sat a bowl filled with flour, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla. They were making sugar cookies together. 
 

 

Bomsil stood in between his parents, observing and helping whenever permitted to do so. 
 

 

"Dad? What is a Jongin?" 
 

 

Kyungsoo chuckled, stirring around the thick batter with a spatula. "Didn't you ask daddy what a Kyungsoo was a few days ago?"
 

 

Red stained the child's cheeks, and he squeaked in embarrassment. "You heard us? How embarrassing!" 
 

 

Jongin gave his husband a crooked smile and cleaned his hands with a semi-wet rag before picking up Bomsil and setting him on the counter. "Your dad is very sneaky and likes to spy on people's conversations. Isn't that right, Soo?"
 

 

The baking tray was set aside prepped and ready to go into the oven. Kyungsoo groaned as he rolled the dough into his hands. "Don't listen to your daddy, Bomsil-ah. He's lying!" 
 

 

"Then how did you know what I asked, daddy?"
 

 

Kyungsoo smiled at his son and brought the conversation back to the question he was asked. "Jongin is…brown sugar."
 

 

"Why brown sugar, dad?"
 

 

At this, Kyungsoo stopped what he was doing to look straight at his husband. "Because when brown sugar gets burned, it melts and turns into caramel, and caramel is sweet."
 

 

The child nodded, though a bit confused. "So, daddy is a sugar cookie?"
 


"No, baby. Jongin is a gingerbread cookie."

 

 

The little boy frowned, bushy eyebrows scrunched up cutely. He looked just like Kyungsoo when the elder scrunched his eyebrows and pouts. It was because he wanted some alone time with Jongin or simply wanted to go out and eat at the local noodle shop. "But daddy's not orange; he's tan like the sand at the beach! Daddy reminds me of the golden sand we walk on when we take trips to the beach, and dad reminds me of an egg."
 

 

Jongin snorted, breaking out into a fit of loud, unattractive giggles. His eyes scrunched up until they closed entirely, and he had to keep himself from falling. Bomsil watched his daddy continue to laugh and wondered what was so funny. "Why are you laughing, daddy?"
 

 

"B-B-Because oh God!" Jongin choked in laughter, bending over to grasp his stomach while Kyungsoo watched with a scowl on his face. 
 

 

"Because of what?"
 

 

"Remember when you had to kiss that girl with the egg-shaped face for that play?"
 

 

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo yelled, cringing at the sudden image that filled his mind. "Please don't remind me! That was hard for me to do."
 

 

"Dad, I'm confused."
 

 

"It's nothing, baby. So why do I remind you of an egg?" Kyungsoo steers the conversation back to his son's question. 
 

 

Jongin snickers from beside his husband, wiping tears of mirth from the corner of his eyes. He sniffs slightly with a smile on his lips. 
 

 

"Dad reminds me of an egg because the egg whites are as white as his teeth, and the yolk is yellow."
 

 

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin look at each other. "Are you saying your dad is yellow?"
 

 

"No! Yellow like the sun, daddy. Dad shines bright like the sun, and that's why he reminds me of an egg."
 

 

They leave it at that. 
 

 

Jongin makes it up to his husband at night when Bomsil is napping in his room. He makes sure Kyungsoo is satisfied and on cloud 9. 
 

 

Kyungsoo forgets all about what Jongin said, and lies on his back spread out, sweaty and spent. His husband hovers over him, pressing kisses over his bruised lips. "How was that for an apology, Soo?"
 

 

"Amazing as always, Jongin."
 

 

 

+

 

 

 

The sugar cookies were a success. Bomsil loved them, and so did Jongin and Kyungsoo. They left their workstation a bit messy, but it was okay because they had fun and enjoyed baking together. 
 

 

However, Bomsil fell asleep about an hour ago after his fair share of sugar cookies and a warm bath. He even got Jongin to reenact the bunny book with Kyungsoo. 
 

 

Jongin lies under the covers on his side, facing his sleepy husband. Kyungsoo's eyes are half-lidded as he tries to blink the sleep away. "I had fun with you and Bomsil today, Soo," Jongin murmured, sliding his hand through the elder's dark locks. "I hope you did too," he continued to whisper as if afraid it would disturb the silence. 
 

 

Kyungsoo snuggles closer until his head nestled under Jongin's chin. His drapes his left arm over the younger's torso, sliding one of his legs between Jongin's. "I always have fun with my boys, Jongin. You already know that."
 

 

"I know, but I always like to make sure," he leans back to press his lips against Kyungsoo's forehead. "I hope you know how much I love the two of you and will never stop trying to be the best father and husband I can be. The two of you deserve the world and more, and I want to be the one you two come to when you're in need." 
 

 

Jongin feels Kyungsoo's arm tightening around him and turns to lie his back so that his husband is draped over him instead. Kyungsoo gets comfortable and straddles his husband, his head now resting on Jongin's shoulder. "I love you too, Jongin. You're a great husband and father. You always have been," he smiles against Jongin's neck. 
 

 

Kyungsoo feels a blush spreading on his cheeks when he feels Jongin slip his hand inside his boxers to caress and grip his cheek. He softly moans when Jongin slides his fingers down in between his cheeks and probes his hole. "Jongin…" Kyungsoo warns as he bites his lip from making more noises. 
 

 

"Your is cold, Soo," Jongin commented as he slipped his other hand to feel and grip the other cheek. "It's soft, too," he chuckled, removing his hands when Kyungsoo started to bite his shoulder a little too hard. "Alright, baby, I'll stop."
 

 

Kyungsoo huffs in embarrassment and manages to get back on the bed. "Jongin?"
 

 

"Hm? What is it, Soo?"
 

 

Kyungsoo plays with the hairs on Jongin's neck, his eyes trained on the slight stubble on the younger's chin. "How do you feel about expanding the family?"
 

 

The sheets rustle when Jongin rises from his position to hover over his husband. "Expanding? Do you mean…"
 

 

Jongin receives a small nod and a smile. 
 

 

"Are you saying you're…"
 

 

"Yes, Jongin."
 

 

Jongin leans down to brush his lips against Kyungsoo's. "Pregnant?"
 

 

"I am, Jongin," Kyungsoo whispered, tilting his head up to brush their lips again. 
 

 

"God, I love you so much, Kyungsoo. You've made me the happiest man in the world again."
 

 

They kiss once, twice, three times.






A/n: Who says I can't write fluff? Psh...
p.s gif is not mine.

Also, I don't know why I never proofread before posting. Please excuse all the typos. They are fixed.