one or end

Plane

It was the first time they were going on a trip together after being a couple. A trip just for the two of them. They’ve been dating for about 6 months but they’ve known each  other since the first day of college. They were friends. Then became bestfriends. Then became bestfriends that loved each other . It was easy for them to be in love. They just fit each other.

 

They were going on a trip to someplace sunny and warm. Winter has been awfully cold and Taemin had been complaining about it endlessly. It wasn’t Minho’s fault that Taemin’s body gets cold awfully easy nor was it Minho’s fault that he himself was awfully warm all the time.

Nonetheless, it was easy to comply to Taemin’s request of wanting to go to the beach and take a dip in the warm waters. Of course Minho would comply, he’d get Taemin half without doing anything much. And the yellow dim lights of a hotel room would lead to the other half of course.

 

They were high up in the air, with Taemin sitting next to the window looking at the outside view.  They’ve been flying in the air for about 20 minutes.

“The clouds are all black.” Taemin pouted to the elder boy.

“So?” Minho says back,  not really understanding why.

“Do you think it’s going to rain when we get there?”

“Tae-we’re miles away. And you checked the weather forecast remember?” the elder flicked the tip of Taemin’s pointy nose.

“Yes-but”

“If it rains, we can just stays indoors.” Minho smirks.

“You just want to do naughty things with me.” Taemin complains, frowning.

“And you don’t?” Minho questions back, feigning hurt.

“It’s not like that. I just wanted to go swim.” The boy explains.

“I know baby. It won’t rain okay? I’ll shoo all the bad clouds away.”

 

It was a few moments later when it did start to rain. And there were lightning bolts everywhere. Loud and thunderous. It started off light and drizzle. And then it started to get heavier and heavier. Louder and louder. The plane started to shake little by little and the fasten seatbelt sign started blaring red. Babies started crying and the religious started praying.

Minho could see Taemin’s face turning into an expression of panic.

“Are you scared of a little lightning ?” Minho jokes, even when he was equally as scared. But he was the big guy, Taemin’s armour. He couldn’t show he was scared.

“No.” Taemin said back though his answer didn’t mimic his tone of voice. Taemin always pretended to be brave when he's not and Minho always finds that endearing. Makes him wanna kiss Taemin all over. 

“It’s going to be alright.”

“I know.” Taemin says back.

“Well, how about you try closing your eyes and think of the sunny place we’re going to go to?” Minho says to the boy, holding his shaky hand.

“Okay."

"We're at the beach." Minho starts off.

"And you’re wearing your dark blue trunks.” Taemin starts to say.

“Yes, and you’re wearing nothing. Going all skinny dipping in the ocean.” Minho jokes.

“I’m not going into the ocean . Do you want other people to see me all ?” Taemin questions, as though he was scolding Minho but not really reprimanding him in actuality.

“Well, I don’t want that. Hmm-okay you can wear your trunks too. What colour did you bring again?”

“Black,blue, red ,green and purple.”

“Tae-you do know we’re just going there for 5 days. You don’t need that many swimming trunks.” Minho says back.

“I don’t like putting wet trunks on before I go swim. What if they don’t dry up in time?”

“They will.”

“What if it rains at night and it doesn’t dry up?”

 

 

That was when all of them heard a loud bang. It was as if the entire world exploded and maybe it did. Every single passenger in the plane could feel the plane descending ,spiraling down awfully fast. The pilot apologizing over the speakers about his inability to save them. Hearts felt like they were being attacked by a thousand needles.

“Minho-“ Taemin started to cry out his name.

“It’s okay, baby.” Minho started to say, chanting it out really and Taemin could feel Minho’s hands shaking too.

“Minho-“

“Yes?”

“Do you think it'll rain over there?” Taemin asks, and Minho is pretty sure Taemin isn’t talking about the beach anymore.

“If it does, I'll shoo the bad clouds away.”

 

 

 

On the headline of almost all the news channels was a little message that went something like : PLANE CRASH - 189 PASSENGERS FOUND DEAD, TWO ARE YET TO BE FOUND