oo5 - reunited

Only Temporary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin, drunk and alone, sat on the curb of some random street in a random part of the city. The street lights were strangely dim and he couldn't recognize any of his surroundings. Sitting between two cars, his head was in his hands and his eyes were blurred with tears. Where is Seulgi now? I should apologize. I must apologize... Thoughts of only Seulgi and just Seulgi raced through his head. Euphoria filled his brain as he recalled all the years he spent by her side, only to choke on a sob once again when he was pulled into a reality that Seulgi was no longer next to him. He shakily pulled out his telephone, his vision blurring together as he punched in the four digit passcode. "Dammit," he grunted as his phone vibrated and "wrong password" flashed upon the screen. Jongin typed it again and again, only to have his vision blur to the point that he could not make out the buttons. He vigorously rubbed his eyes and stood up in a flash. Find her. Find her. Find her. his inner conscience screamed at him. Jongin took off running through the streets once again, sometimes tripping in his drunkeness- but his goal freshly etched in his mind.

His steps led him to a place he frequented as often as he looked as his reflection. The dim sum restaurant's neon sign flashed above him. He swung open the door, not paying attention to the printed paper taped upon it. "I..." he let out a breath. "I..." he repeated again to the hostess in front of him. His eyes flashed around the small restaurant before him, resting them on a certain corner booth, next to the window. A small head peeked above the top of the chair. Jongin shakily took a step forward, paying no attention to the calls of hostess. It seemed as if all time had slowed down, almost rewinded even, to a day when things were perfectly normal, where Seulgi would be waiting for him to come from the dance studio, a time when everything was perfect, a time when he was happy, a time that had expired long ago.

Jongin's fist gripped the top of the leathered booth and he stared at the girl in front of him. Taking in her features, Jongin bit his lip in anger. It wasn't her. Jongin had been mistaken, Jongin had lost her- this was his last chance and he had failed. Jongin took a step back in a daze, not bothering to apologize to the confused girl sitting in the booth. Instead he stared blankly outside the window, mindlessly sitting in a wooden chair- he was out of hope. Flashing lights blinded him outside the restaurant. Red and blue. Red and blue. They flashed repeatedly and Jongin felt himself being pulled up by strong arms. Jongin glanced up and attempted to identify the person, only to feel cold metal latch to his trembling wrists. He didn't argue though, he let himself be led inside the flashing car and sat silently through the ride.

The police station. How the hell did I end up here? Jongin groaned, rubbing his eyes and immediately felt pain shoot through his back muscles. A bright stream of light shone from a small window above his head and looked around. Rusting green bars entrapped him from men and women hustling about an office. The loud clacking of fingers against keyboards made him wince, a headache pounding through his brain. His eyes flittered from person to person in hopes of identifying at least one figure. The man closest to the cell gave Jongin a look for a good three seconds before moving out of his chair. The stranger filled a paper cup with water and pulled a bottle of painkillers from a drawer. Without a word, he handed Jongin the paper cup and two painkillers before nodding silently. Jongin was thoroughly confused, it was as if it was illegal to talk to him, but the thumping in his head were increasing in volume and he downed the pills and cup quickly.

A jingle of keys hitting one another and a creak of oxidized metal scraping against metal sounded and Jongin lift

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter