Part 2

From Teacher, with Love

 

 

 

Blankly, Minjun stared at the familiar menu on the wall of the coffee shop, though it was completely unnecessary since he always ordered the same thing. The line was endless, giving plenty of time for his thoughts to wander, and like usually they ended up on the last English class. Teacher Changkyun had been in an especially good mood, making silly jokes that only worked half of the time, but somehow that had made him even cuter. And he had been wearing those black ripped jeans that showed more of his thighs that could be considered decent.

 

Already this was the third week of English classes, and yeah, Minjun was developing a bit of a crush. But it was harmless really, only for fun, to make the classes a bit more interesting. Not like he expected anything to happen.  Though, there were moments when it was almost like they had a bit of chemistry. Like yesterday evening, they had been talking about families in class and it had come up that Minjun was not married. The teacher had smiled, so maybe he had liked that thought. Probably he didn't care, but still it was fun to think about what could happen if they met by coincidence outside of class, like in a crowded bar, or a bookstore, or in a coffee shop...

 

Minjun's insides froze, when against all odds, further down the line, stood no-one else but his English teacher. As soon as he managed to gather his senses, he quickly turned away, heart pounding. This was not supposed to happen. Fantasizing about a cute meeting was one thing, reality was another. Caught up on his phone, the teacher hadn't noticed him yet and Minjun planned to keep it that way. He was not in the mood for excruciatingly awkward.

 

Luckily, he was next in line so he quickly muttered:

“A cappuccino, please,” while pretending to scratch his temple in an attempt to hide his face.

Reaching into his jacket, his brain turned to ice when he came up empty. Patting his other pockets was pointless, as Minjun knew it would be, since he suddenly remembered the exact spot on his desk where he had left his wallet.

 

 

“I'll take care of it.”

Minjun's biggest fear came true when the person who he was trying to avoid came forward.

“Teacher! I didn't notice you here... You really don't have to…”

“It's really no problem...”

“I...” Looking around, Minjun noticed people watching them and if he would make his objection any stronger it would only cause a bigger scene. Already, people were probably weirded out by the fact that he was calling this young guy 'teacher' so he shouldn't draw more attention to them.

 

Once he had paid for both of them, teacher Lim Changkyun suggested they would sit down, and though Minjun had originally planned to take the coffee to go, now it was rude not to accept the offer.

“I-I'm so sorry, teacher,” he apologized as soon as they sat down, “I left my wallet at the office, and...”

“Don't worry about it...”

“I will pay you back of course.”

“As you wish,” The teacher didn't seem particularly bothered by it. “So your office is close to here?”

“Uhm, yes it's in one of the buildings over there,” Minjun pointed outside the window, but then he was too curious not to add: “I haven't seen you around here before, teacher?”

“I recently started to tutor a student that lives nearby,” and before Minjun managed to ask more, he added with a half-smile, “...and you don't have to call me teacher outside of class.”

“Oh... yeah...” Minjun sincerely hoped he wasn't as red in the face as he felt. “What should I... call you then?” Again, he hoped this wasn't quite as awkward as he thought it was.

“Just call me Changkyun,” he smiled, “...and I can call you hyung!”

“Uhm... yes, of course.” Frankly they didn't know each other well enough for that, but it was not like he could say no to his teacher!

 

“So Minjun hyung, why did you decide to take the English class?” Changkyun leaned back in the chair, taking a sip of his coffee.

Being called hyung, made Minjun feel like they were already closer. Ignoring the comfortable warmth in his chest, he pretended to be unaffected by this and told his teacher about work, and the upcoming promotion he was aiming for.

 

It was harder to pretend not to be affected when the teacher smiled and said encouragingly: “I'm sure you will get it, your pronunciation is really good.”

“Oh, it's not really.” It was next to impossible to hide how happy this simple compliment made him, but he didn't want to sound too conceited, so he added awkwardly, “I listen to a lot of American music, maybe that helps.”

“Oh really? What kind?”

Shyly, Minjun mentioned a few of his favorite artists, and against all odds, Changkyun knew some of them, and was interested in knowing more about the rest. So before he knew it, they were deep into a conversation, and he couldn't believe how easy it was to talk to him, and fun. He had expected the to be a major issue, but somehow it wasn't and the longer they talked the more Minjun liked him. Sure, it helped that he was cute (because he was, very), but it wasn't only that. He was also smart and funny, and very mature for his age. Honestly, Minjun could only wish his friends were half this mature. And his voice was deep and rough, in a manly kind of way which made him a bit y. Or a lot y. Especially when combined with that smile and the unreasonably cute laughter.

 

So Minjun completely lost track of time, didn't even notice that both their drinks were finished until his phone started buzzing on the table.

“,” he cursed silently when he saw it was a message from his coworker, Nichkhun, asking where the hell he was and if he had forgotten the meeting they were supposed to be preparing for.

“Important?” Changkyun asked with a raised brow.

“No...” Minjun automatically answered because he didn't want this to end, but then had to admit: “Yes... I probably should go.”

“Your boyfriend?” the teacher asked just as casually and Minjun froze.

Was it really that obvious? Or was he making fun of him, by calling him gay? Was that some sort of a young, straight joke he didn't understand because he was old and, well, not so straight? Or was it just an honest question?

“No... it's... my coworker,” he stuttered awkwardly, adding, “I should get back to work.” And then... just because he felt like he had to, even more unsmoothly he added: “So not my boyfriend, no. I don't... have... a boyfriend,” heart pounding like crazy.

That must be a reasonable answer, right? That didn't have to mean that he was gay. Straight guys didn't have boyfriends so that must be the normal reply, either way.

 

Before he could obsess more about it, Changkyun smiled softly and answered:

“Me neither,” and then like nothing was more natural he added: “Not right now.”

 

'Not Right NOW?'

Did that mean that sometime in the past he did have a boyfriend?

Stumped, Minjun looked at him, hoping for further explanation, but Changkyun simply stared back at him with a half-smile.

 

This was a moment. They were definitely having a moment. Was his teacher actually, really flirting with him? If so shouldn't Minjun flirt back? At least he needed to show some interest, in case it was reciprocated. But it had been a while, and he was rusty. Trying to remember how flirting worked (and hoping they hadn't changed it since he was young), before Minjun could say anything his phone rang. At the worst possible moment.

“I-I'm sorry, I really have to go,” he said, ruining the magic.

“No problem hyung, see you in class,” Changkyun leaned back and smiled so ily that Minjun wanted to kiss him right there. But that would be wrong. So instead, he just nodded briefly, hurried outside, and answered his phone less patiently than he should:

“Yeah, Khun, I'm coming.”

 

 

 

 

 


Hello everyone!

I planned to post this sooner, but then life came and kicked me in the a**. Not in a bad way, but in a very busy way. 

I have around 700 words for the next chapter already, but I'm not completely sure if this will turn out to be a 3 or 4 chapter fic lol, because I got carried away. 

But hopefully I will finish this story soon (because I have another 2pmx story that I'm hoping to finish and post on Nichkhun day)

Thanks so much for reading!

2PM2PM2PM