Eight

Caged

 

 

Hwasa looked at a sleeping Wheein, she sighed as she leaned against the back of the chair. She wondered how they had managed to fall asleep during the whole event. She watched as Wheein scrunched up her face, without knowing she found herself smiling. Wheein's eyes fluttered open, she stretched her arms out. She groaned as she moved her head around holding her neck as she did so.  

"Not comfortable?" Hyejin smiled as she looked at the girl in discomfort. "I mean this is the best table in the whole building. Honestly maybe we should file a complaint..." She joked before she noticed Wheein's slight panic. "What's wrong?"  

"What time is it?" Wheein stood from her chair making her way into the kitchen area, looking at the clock. "Crap."  

"Wheein...?" Hyejin walked in noticing a very sullen Wheein.  

"I'm sorry. But could you me back to my room... or at least to a guard." Wheein avoided all eye contact.  

"Wheein there was a lockdown I doubt they'll..."  

"Hyejin-"  

"WHEEIN." They heard a man's voice yell from the other room. Wheein hurried out of the kitchen, making her way in front of the man. She bowed her head as she muttered silently that she was sorry. Hyejin leaned against the wall by the entrance to the kitchen. "Come with me... is it so hard for you to follow the rules set in place for you? Why must you always make me do this." Her guard said in a harsh tone. Hyejin glared at the man, wondering what he was getting at.  

"There was a lockdown." Hyejin said as she walked lazily over the guard. "She was working, I can -"  

"With all due respect... but please stay within your bounds." He looked up giving Hyejin the same glare. "She won't be at work for a few days... She... has some things to answer to." Wheein with her head bowed followed the man out from the room. Hyejin crossed her arms, slightly agape due to disbelief. She exhaled loudly just as she parents entered. Hyejin smiled as they ran to her side, almost in tears.  


"Hey dear, are you okay. We were so worried."  

"I'm so sorry we left you alone."  

"I'm fine, I wasn't alone, Wheein was here." Hyejin smiled lightly. Her parents looked at one another before looking back to their daughter.  

"She was?"  

"Yeah... whats wrong with that?"  

"Well it's just that she's supposed to report back to her cell... well nothing we can do about it." Her father stopped before he even got to the point. 

"cell.." Hyejin mumbled to herself, truly understanding where Wheein was from. She found herself more confused about everything, even after getting so many answers. The answers she got however we're only bits and pieces that didn't fit together.  


 

Solar raised her hand as her name was called. She looked back down at her feet waiting for instruction, as the others names were called out. She tried her best to stifle a yawn, but it snuck out anyway. She closed her eyes hoping they hadn't caught her acting so uninterested. The exhaustion showed on her face, the dark circles around her eyes, and the paleness of her skin. She looked up scanning over the guards not noticing that one familiar face she wanted to see. She looked to the door beside her and noticed it was closed, she heard faint movements from inside. At least the little noise she did hear confirmed existence from Wheein. 

Solar had spent the whole night up, listening to even the slightest sound. She wanted desperately not to pay attention to any of the noises that filled the facility, normally she was great at ignoring everything. However last night was different, last night was spent hoping she could hear even the slightest hint of noise from someone. Her thoughts were consumed by the safety of her guard, and the whereabouts of her friend. She hadn't once worried about how close the screams became, she was only worried about who they may have come from.   

"Garden crew, let's get going." Solar sighed as she lazily dragged herself to go with her group. She looked down at her feet, thoughts still dancing through her mind. She wondered where the guard she had grown so fond was. She partly blamed herself if something we're to happen to the younger girl as well, but she wouldn't allow her thoughts go there. 


Welll well well, another update. Because i told someone i would for them ;)))) SOOOOO