First Day

Silver & Gold

Seungkwan was the life of Sophomore class. Strictly known as Boo because of his last name, the boy was sassy, talented, and one of the most popular people in the whole school because he was also extremely kind. He had gotten a reputation for all his charity work around the town and coming to the defense of those in need no matter what. His sweet demeanour was as true as his bark, something no one wanted to cross.

Boo was sitting in the back of the classroom with a bright smile on his face and three of his closest friends surrounding him, totally immersed in listening to his story of the summer holiday.

"Have I told you how much I love Jeju in the summer? If not, I love it. I totally miss being down there but at least I am able to help my parents with their fruit stand on holidays. It's crazy how many people said I was talented. They are just too kind. I just like to sing to brighten up the mood, ya know?" Boo smiled to the people around him.

"Man, one holiday, I need to come down with you." Chan said with envy. "We never do anything over the holidays. I want fun in the sun, even if it is assisting in selling fruit. I could get my tan on and practice my dance moves."

"Like you have dance moves." Soonyoung shoved the brown haired boy. "We all know I am the one with the skills." Chan shoved the boy back as he was adjusting his jacket with a smug look and mumbled something under his breath.

"You both are wonderful dancers. One day, I would love to have you both in Jeju with me, yeah?" Boo interjected to bring the focus back to him.

Seokmin made mention of the end of year talent show and how they should all participate together but before he could finish his thought, a cold presence walked by them that made them all go silent. He was a new student with silver blonde hair, piercing storm grey eyes reminiscent of the sky with a hint of blue, and flawless pale skin. The four boys watched the new kid go to his seat without making a sound.

Boo was the first to break the tension. He stood up, fixed his uniform, and put his best welcoming smile on as he approached the occupied desk.

Putting his hand out, he spoke with ease. "Hello... er..." He looked quickly at the name tag just over the left check pocket. "Hansol. Welcome to our school."

"Vernon." He responded flatly.

Taken back, Boo took a moment before replying. "Excuse me?"

"My name is Vernon."

"Well that's not what is on your name tag. Han. Sol. Anyways, I am Boo." He reached his hand back out to offer.

Slowly, Vernon turned his head and check the name tag above the bold boy's left chest pocket. Without even a moment of hesitation, "That's not what it says on your name tag. Seung. Kwan." He said cooly.

In a huff, Boo withdrew his arm and tsked before turning on his heels and proceeding to go back to his friends. "Let's go. I need some air." Boo summoned and motioned Seokmin, Chan, and Soonyoung to exit the classroom with him. The four boys started to walk out the door when a burst of cold hit them like a wave and stopped their movement, setting their gaze on four new faces.

"Well now, where is our welcoming committee?" The oldest of the boys commented causing his friends to snicker under their breathe.

"Seungcheol, stop." The long lavender haired boy chuckled and put his hand softly on the shoulder of his leader. "Clearly you can see you have terrified them."

They were indeed stuck in their spot with their eyes wide open and mouths slightly agape. A red haired boy strolled up with his guitar strapped to his back and a stern look. "Hey guys, what's--" He stopped as he reached his friends and stared at the four tall students in front of him.

"Seems the welcoming committee comes with their own band." Mingyu laughed while sweeping his dark blue locks out of his face. Jeonghan, Seungcheol, and Wonwoo smirked at the new addition to the group. The bell sounded off causing the students in the hall to jump as they had stopped to watch this interaction between the two groups.

Wonwoo spoke this time. "That's our cue. Can't be late on our first day. Again." He turned to walk into the classroom. With the other three following suit, the boys left the group of now five friends watching them enter the room they just left. The new students didn't get very far in the classroom as a familiar face greeted them by the window.

"Well. Well. Well. Look at what we have here." Seungcheol stepped forward and hissed through his teeth.

Vernon looked at the direction the voice was coming from. "Great." It was the only thing he could say followed by a heavy sigh. This was going to be a long school year.