Ch 11

Descendants of The Sun - Book 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for the comments, upvotes, and subscribes :)

To linapog: hopefully this chapter answers your question.

Bold fonts = conversation in English

Italic fonts = flashback

11

 

“You took an oath, Doctor. You save life. That means you can’t take life,” Colonel Amang said again.

Mo Yeon smiled, her eyes glinted mysteriously. “Who said I’m taking life, Colonel,” she said eerily, causing Si Jin to look at her in awe.

Mo Yeon was like a goddess.

Beautiful and yet, powerful.

Her eyes didn’t falter when she said, “I’m saving his.”

None of the men said anything before the Colonel chuckled and Si Jin saw the opportunity for him to free himself.

He kicked the Colonel’s waist, causing his opponent yelped in pain. He kicked again and Colonel Amang fell from his previous position which was on top of him. Si Jin easily rose from his position by standing in front of Mo Yeon, shielding her, and taking the gun from the doctor’s hand, pointing it to the North Urk second-in-command. The Colonel only laughed while coughing.

“You don’t play fair, Soldier. You can see I’m unarmed.”

Si Jin hesitated.

“Don’t listen to him,” Mo Yeon said. “He wants to provoke you.”

The Major smiled slightly. He shouldn’t underestimate his wife. She was indeed his reliable comrade. “I know he does, but our fight isn’t over.”

“What do you mean it isn’t over? Why don’t you look at yourself? You’re not in better condition than him,” Mo Yeon said with her doctor voice and Si Jin understood what his wife meant. He had bruise and several cuts on his face, just like the Colonel.

“Just trust me.”

“The last time you said those words, I had to make Sergeant Seo gave his gun to me.”

“So, this gun is Sergeant Seo’s?” Si Jin raised his eyebrows while tilted his head to the gun on his hand.

“Umm...yes?”

“How could Sergeant Seo gave his gun to you?”

“Is that important for this moment?”

 “Enough talking!” Suddenly, the Colonel shouted. “Not all of us can understand Korean.” He stared at Si Jin. “Last fight, Soldier.”

Si Jin gave the gun to Mo Yeon without looking at her and nodded.

“Big Boss!” The doctor called Si Jin with his call-sign, just like he did to her before.

Si Jin smiled. “You can shoot him if you want to.”

Mo Yeon narrowed her eyes. “I really hate your guts.”

The Major smiled affectionally. “And I really love your guts. I will express my gratitude later.”

“What?”

Si Jin didn’t answer his wife, only stepped forward to the Colonel. Knowing his wife was safe with a gun on her hand, the Major felt relief and also confident. He didn’t need to worry about her.

This was his real fight.

“Let’s do this,” Si Jin said.

“I’m going to kill you when this is over,” Mo Yeon muttered, causing Si Jin to smile slightly.

Once again, Si Jin and the Colonel stood face to face before the latter started to attack. The difference between the previous fight and this fight were how Si Jin felt. He saw his wife’s bravery for saving his life, causing him wanted to do the same for her.

The Colonel, however, saw Mo Yeon as his chance to defeat Si Jin. He saw how her and Si Jin interacted. Although he didn’t understand Korean, he could see the soldier and the doctor shared a bond, and he wanted to use that. When he saw a chance from being hit by Si Jin, he suddenly ran to Mo Yeon, causing the doctor gasped in surprise before someone shot the Colonel on his right leg. Colonel Amang shouted in pain, Mo Yeon and Si Jin looked at the shooter and saw Joon Ha with his gun. The Captain was the one who shot the Colonel.

Si Jin, with raging emotions, hit the Colonel on his jaw and after that, started to kick and punch on his body. He let out his emotions to the man who dared to threaten his wife and the safety of their unborn child.

Mo Yeon saw Si Jin hit the Colonel blindly, but she couldn’t do anything about it. She expected Captain Lee to stop her husband, but he, too, didn’t do anything, and Mo Yeon understood, this was  Si Jin’s fight with the Colonel and no one could interfere.

Before Si Jin hit the Colonel the final time, the Major said, “If you want to know badly who killed Argus, it was me.”

He hit his opponent really hard, causing the Colonel lay on the ground unconsciously. Si Jin fell on his knees and Mo Yeon could see his rapid breathing by the movement of his shoulders.

She suddenly remembered what Myeong Ju said to her before her wedding day.

“Don’t shut him out when his Special Forces side comes out, ok?”

She told Myeong Ju, she wouldn’t do that.

Slowly, she approached Si Jin and touched his shoulder. She saw him blinked and turned his head to her. His face was bloody and bruised, for defending his honor to protect her as a soldier and a husband. His eyes looked at her with worry, perhaps afraid on what she thought on seeing him hitting someone so brutally.

Mo Yeon smiled tenderly, causing Si Jin to smile weakly in return, and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head on her belly, trying to calm his breathing. The doctor wrapped her arms around Si Jin’s head, caressing his hair, and said soothingly, “It’s alright. I’m here.”

Si Jin gathered his teams after the chaos and making sure his wife was under Dr. Song and Daniel’s care. He wanted to say his gratitude to them and to ask someting important. Dr. Song insisted for Si Jin to, at least, clean his wounds first before his briefing with his men. The Major refused, but finally relented when his wife insisted he had to do what Dr. Song asked.

“Is anyone get hurt?” he asked in front of his men.

“No, sir.”

“That’s good to hear. I just want to say my gratitude to all of you. Thank you for your teamwork. Both doctors are safe, but we still don’t know if this meeting is going to be continued or not. WHO hasn’t make any announcements yet. I assume we’re still on duty until Dr. Song and Dr. Kang return to Korea. I hope you all don’t mind.”

“No, sir.”

Si Jin nodded. “If you want to stay here, you may, but if you want to return to the hotel, I also give permission. Dismissed.”

“Yes, sir.”

Both teams were starting to walk away before Si Jin called two of his men, “Captain Lee and Sergeant Seo, I need to talk to you.”

Both men straightened their posture and Si Jin approached Joon Ha and gave him a pat on his shoulder. “Thank you for protecting my wife,” he said wholeheartedly.

“It’s my duty, sir, to protect one of the family members,” the Captain answered formally.

Si Jin smiled. “Thank you again, Captain Lee. You may go.”

Joon Ha gave the Major a salute before turning around, leaving Si Jin and Dae-young. Si Jin looked at Dae-young with playful eyes before the Sergeant released a long breath. “I had to do it. She threatened me.”

“How?”

“Not exactly threatened me. She only gave me an order to give her my gun and to let her help you. You know I’m so used to following order.”

Si Jin sighed. “Aigoo...I don’t know either to scold you or thanked you, but it really did save my life.” He smiled. “Thank you, Sergeant Seo.”

The Sergeant smiled back. “Anytime, sir. I guess the Colonel was so focus on you, he didn’t hear Dr. Kang approached him. I’m just glad you both are unharmed.” And then, he saw Si Jin’s wounds and the red mark on his neck. “Well, almost unharmed.”

The Major chuckled, accepting Dae-young’ salute, and started to walk to where his wife was being treated before Jordan called him. “Mission accomplished, Big Boss,” he said.

The Major almost rolled his eyes. “You mean, the dirty mission the CIA gave to me?”

Jordan chuckled. “Don’t be so tense. We both get what we want. CIA can have Amang while your wife is safe.”

Si Jin went silent before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter