1 |

Let You Go |

It was a mess. A complete mess.  Yoongi had to step over the remnants of broken photo frames, strewn clothing, piles and piles of tissues amongst other things. There were more empty soju bottles than he wanted to count, that was a sure way to completely destroy your insides. Then there you were, in an exhausted ball on the bed, tear streaks dried upon blotchy cheeks. It had been weeks and yet you still struggled to complete the simplest of daily tasks. Your husband had left you. You were heartbroken and an absolute mess and it showed. Your hair was left tangled and unwashed, the skin of your cheeks constantly in an alternating state of saturated and streaked with dry tears when you were completely worn out. You looked thinner and underneath your eyes grew to a deeper purple each day. 

Yoongi had watched it all unfold, from your shy flirting to your blossoming romance, your marriage, all the way up to the moment where you were begging Jungkook not to leave you for another woman. He felt sorry for his friend, he could do nothing else but be there for you. Time would heal all wounds, and he would help you do that. And he had, every day he would find time and check in on you, he’d often stay nights on your couch to make sure you didn’t do anything stupid. He felt so guilty, if only he kept both of his best friends away from each other, this might not have happened. Now he was losing both of you, Jungkook grew apart from him as soon as Soojung came into the picture. He’d spent less and less time liking who Jungkook was becoming. And you, you were not his best friend you were someone that looked and acted like a half-dead version of the girl he was best friends with. He honestly hated it all. 

He hated that you came to him full of doubt and self-loathing months before it happened. He hated that he had to be the one to tell you. He’d found out that Jungkook’s first love had moved back to town a few months back, Yoongi guessed he’d still had some unresolved feelings that lead to an affair. If only he hadn’t introduced you to Jungkook in the first place. If only that Soojung never moved back to town. If only his mother hadn’t been so taken by her two faced nature. If only Jungkook hadn’t been so convinced by the same split personality and blinded by the memories of a first love. Yoongi cared about you both, you were his best friends for Christ sake. Were. Now he had to visit you both separately, Jungkook had thrown your years and years of happy memories down the drain. A text message on your phone, and divorce papers left on the kitchen table.

“I’m sorry, I can’t do this anymore. I am in love with her. - Jungkook”

You had marched straight to Yoongi’s house finding them drinking together in his apartment. He still had to try to block out the memories of watching his friends heart being torn to pieces before him, watching his other best friend do all the breaking. You were both screaming at each other until it stopped. A sob echoing in the tense room. Your soft heel covered feet clacking out of his apartment as you disappeared for days. He had no idea where you went for the first few, your phone turned off and discarded in the bottom of your bag. Your apartment where you and Jungkook once shared a happy marriage, left cold and empty. He grew frantic, who knew what a person was capable of when their whole world was shattered and their heart was left broken. He thought the worst, checking amongst other friends and family to see if they had seen you. He had tried your workplace, your school, old hangouts and cafes around town. It was only then that he had found you, shoulders slumped, face pressed against a wooden bar as the bartender served you another drink. He had forced down the burning liquor before you had a chance to drink anymore, slinging you over his shoulder and taking you back to your apartment.

-

He didn’t know what else to do, so he called a close mutual friend of you both. Yoongi needed help, you were getting progressively worse and maybe you just needed the company, with the two of them they’d help you pick up the pieces again. You were always like a little sister to Jin and Yoongi and their hearts broke seeing you fall apart into a shell of your former self. 

The second the other male walked in the door he shook his head. Both of them starting the overdue clean-up of your apartment with a sigh. 

“How could someone that was meant to love her til death do them part, make her like this?” Jin mumbled. Yoongi nodded in agreement, passing Jin a broom for the glass shards. 

-

You woke up groggily, a very present hangover thumped against your temples and sent your world into a dizzy frenzy. You stumbled out of your once shared bedroom and into the kitchen following the promising aroma of coffee and baked goods. It was only then that you noticed the presence of your two closest friends and the tidiness of your apartment.

“We have to talk.” Yoongi muttered, handing you a mug. 

You shook your head, taking another sip of your coffee. You didn’t want to talk about it, anytime you did you ended up in a sobbing, furious mess and you were much too hungover and exhausted for another bout of it.

“Y/N… it’s been a few months now. You don’t go outside, you don’t even go to work anymore… your apartment… you need to slowly start functioning like yourself again. We’re so worried about you, please tell us what we can do to help… You can’t let him take your life from you.”  Jin urged gently. 

“He took my heart why not everything else,” you bit your lip feeling the tears b your eyes. “Why can’t he love me anymore?” You choked out, sobs wracking your body. Jin’s long arms wrapped around you soothingly. Jin hushed you as he held you close. Yoongi reaching out to your back softly. 

“He doesn’t know what he’s missing,” Yoongi sighed. 

A knock on the front door of your apartment forced Yoongi to leave your side, His hand disappearing as he shuffled over to answer the door.

“You can’t be here.” He muttered, a bitter tone lingering in his words. 

“I live here.” 

“Lived.” Yoongi rebutted. “You broke her, you don’t have a right to be here anymore. I care about the both of you, but please don’t do this to her.”

“I was wrong.” 

“That is the understatement of the year.” The elder scoffed. “You had a girl that loved you so unconditionally and yet you left her for old feelings you should have left in the past before you dated Y/N”

“I-I know, but my mother always liked Soojung the best out of the girls I dated, and I don’t know I just let her get in my head. But, I realised Soojung was not what I wanted. I had what I needed and I threw her away.” 

“Go Jungkook, I’ll see you later but you can’t be here. Not now, not while she’s here. I can grab your belongi-” 

“I’m not here for them.” Jungkook pushed past Yoongi rushing into the kitchen where he saw a broken version of the girl he loved once in Jin’s arms. 

“Get him out of here.” Jin mouthed. Your face thankfully against his chest. 

“Y/N I-” Jungkook started, your head tilting away from Jin’s chest to look at the man who completely destroyed your heart. You just cried harder seeing him here. “I made a mistake. I don’t know what I was thinking. I know now I only love you.” 

“Please don’t do this to me. It’s not fair. You walked out on me.” You cried. “Plea-Please l-eave” you hiccupped out between sobs. 

“I’m not leaving you. Not again.” 

Your heart simply felt like it had collapsed in your chest, all you could do was bury your face in your hands and try not to completely fall apart. 

“I told you not now Jungkook.” Yoongi yelled, grabbing onto his friend’s shoulders trying to take him out of the apartment. 

“ out. It’s not your relationship” Jungkook barked. 

“Soojung was what I thought I’d always wanted and now that she came back, my mother convinced me I had a chance at the girl I always wanted and she always approved of. I don’t know what came over me. But-” Yoongi’s fist collided with Jungkook’s jaw, blinded by anger. How could he mention another girl? Couldn’t he see just by the look in your eyes that the remnants of your heart had shattered into millions of pieces. 

“Leave.” The look in his eyes were deadly. You weren’t ready for this conversation. Not yet. 

For now he’d have to let you go.