Carat Legends Online

VerkWan Adventures

Genre: Fluff? Angst? Flungst? A poor attempt at comedy? (i'm so sorry I have no idea what this is)
AU: Internet Friendship
Side Pairings: JiCheol and Chan
Warnings: (Just a lot of mutual pining, and oh some nerdy game references)

*********************************************
*********************************************

 

Game starts in 10 ... 9 ... 8...

AyoC0ups: eyyy I'll bottom

JiW0oZ: pffft of course. I'll top

ChAns0n: uhm .. ew hyungs?

7 ... 6 ...

HVCakaVernon: ew get a room.

HoneyBooBoo: I'll go mid.

5 ... 4...

HoneyBooBoo: I need support

3 ... 2 ...

HVCakaVernon: I got you babe ;)

JiW0oZ: blegh

AyoC0ups: ewwwwwww

1 ...

--------

Chwe Hansol, or as his online friends called him, Vernon, cracked his knuckles and prepared himself for battle. Not that he himself was about to go to war, just his fingers. He navigated his game character towards another team member's character which was of course, HoneyBooBoo or as his parents named him, Boo Seungkwan. They've been friends for almost a year now, a relationship built within the confines of High Speed Internet Connection and the latest NVIDIA video card. What started as a head-on PVP battle turned into a daily match of testosterone induced online battle. Seungkwan even invited his other friends to join their guild and together they go through dungeons and finish missions.

It was a healthy online friendship, which became healthier when even after the games he would still talk to Seungkwan via Line. They talked until the wee hours of morning (for Hansol since he's in New York and Seungkwan was in Seoul) until the other would hear the other's mother yelling at him to go to sleep. 

The first time they Skyped, Hansol was shocked to see  how delicate Seungkwan's features were. Plump peach-colored cheeks and tousled brown hair, a complete contrast to his usual online character, a frog-like beast with long tusks and furry body. Hansol had a weird feeling when he saw Seungkwan, he didn't know what it was then (and maybe doesn't know it still).

Their friends started teasing them when they became so comfortable with each other they started calling each other pet names like honey, babe, darling and the likes, but most of the time, it was just Vernonie and Boo. Seungcheol and Jihoon who he first knew as AyoC0ups and JiW0oZ were in a real as in REAL relationship so to speak, and sometimes Hansol liked to tease them by imitating them and of course, Seungkwan would be his boyfriend. Their youngest, ChAns0n (a combination of his real name; Chan and Michael Jackson) would virtually close his eyes with as much emoticon he could manage to send to let them know that he's doing so, whenever they're doing that. He would often say that they are by far more gross than Seungcheol and Jihoon.

The game ended as they watch the Tower of their enemies crumble to the ground, the word VICTORY flashed in gold letters and they gave each other a virtual high five. Soon after, the others called it a day and went off to sleep or do something else, but not Seungkwan. Hansol hadn't even have the time to close the game when a Line message popped out.

SassyKwan: That was a good game you're the best support a hero could have

VernonieTheLoveofMyLife: I'm always here for you *wink emoji*

Seungkwan sighed when he saw the message, he clutched his chest to will his heart to stop beating so fast. No, this was all just a joke to him don't get your hopes up. He thought to himself.

The first time they ever Skyped, Seungkwan immediately fell in love with him (not that he hasn't been stalking him the first time they exchanged Facebook accounts, which in reality was, he already knew Vernon's but he's too scared to click that damn Friend Request button because that would look so freaking weird). If his photos were charming his living, moving, breathing pixelated image was a hundred times better. His voice, his laugh, the way he scratched his nose, all of it was endearing to Seungkwan and it pains him to know that he looked so dumb to Vernon that he kept on poking with his feelings. Not that Vernon was actually aware of these said felelings so he left him vindicated. 

VernonieTheLoveofMyLife: Hello? Still there?
VernonieTheLoveofMyLife: I miss you :*
VernonieTheLoveofMyLife: Let's go to bed, or better yet let's get married!

Seungkwan took a deep breath before hitting send.

SassyKwan: Stop it. I'm sleeping now bye.

There are only a few things in this world that Hansol knows for sure, his rap lines, his character's skill set, all the Harry Potter books and Seungkwan's mood swings. He knows for sure when Seungkwan would stop being sweet and he knows he much it would take him to be lovey-dovey with him again, so he just shrugged it off and went to do his usual Saturday morning routine. He hates it though, being clockblocked by their time difference , especially when Seungkwan ends their day like this.

Hansol's phone buzzed and he smiled expecting a 360 degree change of mood from Seungkwan, but it wasn't what he expected.

C0upsHyung: Are you in love with Seungkwan?

HVCDongsaengie: WTF hyung? r u ok? you know it was all just a joke and stuff.

Hansol can't put his finger into it but he felt that something's going on, something bad.

C0upsHyung: Okay. I just thought ...

HVCDongsaengie: That I'm gay like you? No way.

No. He can't be gay, and he's sure about his uality. Didn't he just watched yesterday? He contemplated about his time spent watching to time spent talking to Seungkwan ratio the whole day, completely oblivious to the fact that somewhere in Seoul a young boy was crying in his sheets.

--------

Game starts in 10 ... 9 ... 8...

HVCakaVernon: GUYS I HAVE NEWS!

PrinceOfChina: yo sup I'm jun! 

HVCakaVernon: who tf are u?

AyoC0ups: uhm he's a random player I guess

JiW0oZ: yeah we need one more player

7 ... 6 ...

HVCakaVernon: but where's my boo?

ChAns0n: ughhh don't make me barf

ChAns0n: he said he's sick

5 ... 4...

AyoC0ups: yeah he is

3 ... 2 ...

JiW0oZ: sick of you that is lol :p

PrinceOfChina: uhm guys? notice me? what's the news?

HVCakaVernon: whatever.

1 ...

--------

The words DEFEAT flashed in his screen and he barely managed to hold his together and not break the keyboard into pieces. He blamed the innocent new player the whole time and maybe, he wouldn't admit, that was the reason he wasn't playing well. That other player was not Seungkwan and the game just felt different. It's been days since he spoke with Seungkwan, his twitter account was changed to Hiatus which he has done a couple of times before, but he still talked to him via Line. Is he really sick? Sick of him? Now Hansol was the one feeling sick. He had been looking forward to talking to him to give him the news that he's flying to Korea this weekend but he guessed he just have to surprise all of them. He his desktop and did what all teenagers who felt sad probably do, and that was to watch a distractingly good . 

Which didn't help at all.

He saw Seungkwan's face on all the female actresses and that's (he will never admit it) what turned him on.

He grunted as his release came. Oh hell no. No. NO!

--------

HVCDongsaengie: Hyung are you old enough to drive a car?

C0upsHyung: Yeah. why?

HVCDongsaengie: Pick me up at the airport. Like. Right now lol.

C0upsHyung: OhSWEETMANA for real? Does Seungkwan know?

HVCDongsaengie: It's a surprise.

--------

"Are you sure you're not coming?" Seungcheol kicked the ball of blanket in which Seungkwan was under pretending to be a Korean burrito.

"NO! I don't want to see you pick up some dude from the airport. Who is it anyway and why was he so important ugh" the blanket burrito replied.

"Fine whatever I'll be late. Just go to the Ramen House later at 7pm or I swear I'll kill you" Seungcheol's sentence ended with a bang of the younger's bedroom door.

--------

If it's possible for a human to mutate into a giraffe within an hour Hansol should've been one by now. He kept on craning his neck to look at the door expecting only one person more.

"Yah! Are you not happy to see us?" Seungcheol smacked Hansol's head with a lettuce wrap.

"He'll come when he wants to that's how much of a diva he really is" Jihoon said before feeding Seungcheol a beef wrap.

Hansol felt something in his gut when he saw the action. He really was happy to meet his friends and finally prove to Chan that he is taller than him, but something lacks, not something, but someone.

They waited for Seungkwan but he never came, and so they parted ways. Hansol walked back to his apartment, he totally forgot that it has been 10 years since he lived in South Korea and that it was easy to get lost in his neighborhood. He felt like someone was following him, so he started to walk faster. He heard the footsteps of his stalker go faster as well and he broke into a sprint. He was about to turn around a corner when something hit the back of his head. Panic flooded his veins and he thought that it could be his end. It was horrible, to die like this, without even being honest to Seungkwan and to himself. He looked at the hand he used to caress his head and found no trace of blood there, he was expecting something hard like a rock but when he looked down at what he thought was the murder weapon, he saw a single shoe.

"YA! Why do you have to run so fast?" someone was running towards him, puffing clouds of cold winter air and missing a shoe. "Give me back my shoe my foot is already frozen you idiot!" he stopped in front of him.

The stranger went under the streetlight and even though it was dark, Hansol's face lit up. 

"BABE!" he didn't spare anymore second, he wrapped his arms around Seungkwan and lifted him off his feet (wow what a cliche).

"Put me down you giant! Ohmygosh why are you so tall? You look so small in Facebook" Seungkwan looked up at Hansol who was a head taller than him. If Hansol's pixelated video image was a hundred times better than his photos, this would be a thousand times more. But Seungkwan's facade won't break, "And stop calling me babe, we're not playing anymore" he pushed Hansol away a little bit harder than necessary.

"What? I didn't come all the way from the other side of the world to just play with you" Hansol replied. This wasn't how he planned it in his head but an opportunity miss is such a piss. Seungkwan is living, breathing in front of him, no longer just a face on his desktop computer.

"Why didn't you come earlier?"

"I... was at the door but then uhm ... I realized I don't want to see you"

"Then why are you here?"

"I ... well I want to see you now"

Hansol doesn't want to play games anymore. He thought about this a hundred times over, practiced his lines like how he would practice his rap lines for a performance. At first, he didn't want to admit to himself that he's gay. He wasn't even sure that Seungkwan really liked him. He's friendly enough with strangers online and Hansol didn't feel any special, but he gathered up his courage and asked his parents if he can visit his grandmother in Korea for the holidays (which was of course just an excuse).

"Can I have a date with you tomorrow?" Hansol face-palmed himself on his mind. But hey, it's a start. He made a mental note to ask Seungcheol some dating advices later.

"You flew a thousand miles just to ask me out on a date?" Seungkwan said, cheeks turning red from the cold and from something else. He leaned up to Hansol and wrapped his arms around his neck, and whispered "Okay but put my shoes on first, my left foot is already dead from the cold"

"Oh yes of course Cinderella."

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello it's me (@cheonsakyeom) the kween of cliff hangers and word vomits whewwww.

Subscribe at your own risk (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ more trash like this coming your way ...