how my heart sings

home is where the heart is

I doesn’t take long for Howon to notice that Woohyun’s always singing. Either humming while doing the dishes, belting it out in the shower, bursting into random snippets of old songs whenever he gets reminded of them. When he gets a cold bad enough to make him lose his voice there’s a restless in him that Howon notices, expressing itself in the tapping of Woohyun’s finger on whatever surface is closes, the playing of an imaginary piano on his own thighs, on Howon’s ankle in his lap while they’re sitting on the couch. As soon as he recovers enough to sing, he drags Howon with him to noraebang, they rent a room for an entire evening just them, and his face lights up and glows in this way Howon won’t ever forget.

 

It’s not like it’s strange to Howon, it must be similar to the way that there’s always something in him counting eigths, his body instinctively moving to whatever beat he can pick of up from his surroundings. It’s a passion that runs deep, and Howon wonders how life would be without it, if there would be something else filling up the empty space.

 

Woohyun sings to make people laugh, sings to himself, sometimes sings to impress, sings on his brother’s wedding (making half the audience cry) so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that he sings to Howon as well, but Howon still can never quite believe it. Woohyun has a beautiful voice, comforting like it’s made of hot chocolate, seeping into Howon’s every fiber. He’s seen Woohyun perform on a stage, see him fill up entire rooms with his voice. The intensity of it all aimed towards Howon is almost overwhelming. Yet Woohyun just smiles gently at him, his eyes crinkling and Howon breathes.