Chapter 3

Princely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's chapter 3! Just to let y'all know, I don't pre-write my fics, so I post while I'm still writing... which is why my updates are so slow :) Bear with me guys~ 

~ -------------------------------- ~ 

Youngjae smiled at the younger kids and proceeded to drape the outer robe around the prince’s shoulders, taking care to fasten the single button near the collar before he allowed Yoongi to take a look. “Look at you, you look like an heir, Yoongi.”

            The younger blushed at the comment and focused on his reflection, noticing the black velvet contrasting so well with the golden embroidery in the center of the tunic and overcoat. Despite the fact that the overcoat looked like a dignified cape, Yoongi couldn’t help but fall in love with the robes; the border of embroidery contained golden stitches resembling curled vines and leaves, extending all the way down to the hems of both garments, gold glinting perfectly against the dark fabric; not to mention, the silky, golden sash wrapped around his tunic-clad waist that was shining despite the dim lighting. “Yah, Yoongi, you seem like a true royal wearing this,” Namjoon boomed playfully, “that girl doesn’t stand a chance.”

            Yoongi frowned at his friend and flushed again when Youngjae cocked his eyebrows. “Ooh, you failed to mention the heir is a girl. What’s the plan?”

            “Be a good son… I guess. If she doesn’t want this, then I can easily get out of it, so it only makes sense that I wait for the verdict. But that doesn’t mean I have to like it.”

            Youngjae smiled at the boy and muttered, “No it doesn’t. You’re Yoongi, you’ll find a loophole somewhere. Don’t worry.”

            “I wish I had the same confidence in myself that everyone else seems to have,” the prince grumbled to himself. Yoongi couldn’t stop touching the fabric surrounding him, slowly caressing the silky inner lining with long, slender fingers while his friends appraised his appearance. “But this robe definitely makes me feel better, Youngjae-hyung. Even if I have to marry the chick, it doesn’t seem so bad wearing this… Watch me regret this tomorrow.”

            Youngjae laughed at the cynical boy and pet him affectionately before ing the coat in order to analyze the fit of the tunic. “An alpha's robes are much more comfortable than an omega's; consider yourself lucky. How does it fit? Too tight, too loose? Is the fabric alright? Does it irritate your skin? Your trousers are fine; what about the coat? Need me to fix anything?”

            The prince shrugged at the barrage of questions, content with the current state of his robes, and went to gently remove his overcoat.

            The tailor huffed at the expected response and placed his hands on his hips, staring at Yoongi with lips pursed. “What is that supposed to mean? Your parents will fire me if your clothes do not fit properly, so could you please take this seriously?”

            “Oh please,” Yoongi chuckled, “you’re my tailor… only I get to decide what happens to you.”

            “Was that supposed to comfort me?” Youngjae blinked, bringing a hand up to cover his face. “Your sense of style is so horrendous it makes me want to cry. Your opinion is not to be trusted. Everyone will be floored when they see you donning whate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter