Circulating Rumors

Can't Get Drunk!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 4

Circulating Rumors

 

Courage.

“When you open yourself to someone else… When you show them how you truly feel… you let them see who you really are, the real you, the honest you… you cry… you laugh… and you accept whatever happens after… whether that’s good or bad. It takes courage to do that. It takes courage to show your real self.” Said Yoona. “It takes courage to allow someone else to see your weakness and give them the power to hurt you.”

Courage.

It takes courage to show your real self…

“Unfortunately for me…I lack courage most of the time. That’s why I couldn’t say these things to you this morning.” said Yoona

ChangWook recalled how Yoona looked this morning. She seemed to be wanting to say something but kept it inside.

“I huh?” said Yoona. “Only saying these things when I’m drunk.”

Yoona saw the look in ChangWook’s eyes. It’s as if he is in pain.

“Are you… all right?” asked Yoona. “I… said weird things again did I?”

ChangWook suddenly chuckled.

Im Yoona… when she’s drunk is a straightforward woman. He mouth has no breaks.

Yoona let ChangWook’s hand go But ChangWook held on hers.

 “Im Yoona.” Said ChangWook. “Forget about this tomorrow.”

“Huh?”

ChangWook pulled Yoona towards him and let his lips touch hers…

That made Yoona’s eyes wide. ChangWook kissed Yoona so suddenly. Yoona forgot to think and breathe. She felt the warmness of it and the softness of ChangWook’s lips on hers. Her heart beat fast, her face felt hot. Yoona closed her eyes as waves of sweetness closed in on her. ChangWook kissed Yoona softly. She felt like she lost all the strength in her body. How can Mr. Ji make her feel so much with just a kiss. It’s like she’s floating…

ChangWook could not control it. He’s been driven nuts since last night. Thoughts about Im Yoona flashed in his mind throughout the day. He couldn’t stop himself from getting involved with her in the bar and he had been struggling to not pay attention to how pretty she was wearing an ordinary blouse and pants… Truth be told, her pretty face in her office uniform this morning was already a distraction. How could he have not noticed her the past three years? Was he blind?

But seeing her now…

Damn!

And then she kissed him earlier. She kissed him so innocently. It was so hard to restrain himself from holding her back.

Just a little.

He just wanted to touch her and feel her just a little…. He wants to be closer to her too … just for a little…

And then Yoona kissed him back. Her lips closed in on his. Changwook almost lost control. The kiss went a little deeper until ChangWook felt heat…

There is no denying it now. There is an attraction between him and Im Yoona.

Why is he pulled to her like this?

Im Yoona….It’s her words that penetrated his heart that made him lose rational thoughts… It was the way her words affected him that made him finally reach for her and lose it.

This woman… mis making him crazy.

ChangWook pulled away. He didn’t want to yet. Oh he wanted to go on and on… But he heard Yoona’s moan. And he knew he’s on dangerous ground.

Im Yoona… is his employee.

ChangWook stood up and walked a few meters from Yoona.

“That’s what you dream of right?” ChangWook cleared his throat. “A kiss.”

Yoona was baffled. She just sat on the floor and could not move.

Wow…

What …

…happened?

“Hey, Im Yoona.” Called ChangWook.

But Yoona continued to be stumped on the floor.

ChangWook sighed. He had gone overboard. He didn’t want to kiss Yoona like that…But he couldn’t stop himself. And he kissed her… Just a slight touch of their lips would have been enough. But he lost himself…as if he had not kissed anyone for years. That kiss… made his veins start to boil.  He’s facing the consequence now.

“Im Yoona, If you’re not going to finish the coffee I made, I’m going to throw it away. So stand up.” Said ChangWook.

Yoona’s eyes widened. She started to rise and clumsily did so. ChangWook stopped himself from going to her to help her. She went to the table and took the cup of coffee. She drank it in one go.

“Hey! What are you doing?!” ChangWook tried to stop Yoona but half the coffee spilt on Yoona’s blouse. Her hand was shaking. She was wearing a thin white blouse. ChangWook could see things he is not supposed to see.

ChangWook closed his eyes and brushed his hair with his fingers in frustration.

 “I’m sorry.” Said Yoona.

ChangWook went to his room, took a shirt and threw it to Yoona, a bit harshly.

“Change into that.” Said ChangWook.

Yoona sighed and then nodded.

And then she started to her blouse.

Changwook’s eyes widened in alarm.

“What are you doing?” asked ChangWook

“Changing.” Said Yoona.

“Not here, you idiot!”

ChangWook pushed Yoona inside the bathroom and closed the door. He sank on his sofa.

Dangerous.

That was dangerous.

That woman… does she seduce men when she’s drunk? She wasn’t like that yesterday, right?

ChangWook sighed as he sat on the sofa. Not long after, Yoona sat beside him. His shirt looks cute on her. It’s too big for her. But that’s the charm.

ChangWook shook his thoughts away. He has to stop this.  And then he chuckled.

“What’s funny?” asked Yoona.

ChangWook shook his head.

Yoona sighed.

“I need to talk to Sunny soon.” Said Yoona

“Sunny? The one who left you in the bar?” asked ChangWook. “Those highschool friends of yours… I don’t think they’re real friends.”

“They aren’t my friends. They only invited me to have something to laugh about.” Said Yoona.

She knew?

 “If you already know that, why did you even go when you knew what will happen?” asked ChangWook.

“Because Sunny sounded like she needed my help. And I couldn’t say no when Sunny sounded like that.” Said Yoona.

“Sunny left you.” reminded ChangWook.

“Yeah… but you know… Of all the people in highschool… Sunny was the only one who kept in touch with me until now. She would call once in a while and just ask how I am doing and stuff. No one else in highschool bothered about me.  That is why for me… Sunny is my friend.” Said Yoona.

That betrayal that Sunny did earlier… must’ve hurt Yoona.

“Can you still call her a friend now? After what she did?” asked ChangWook.

Yoona took a while to answer

“She’s… someone who can’t go against her Boss… in some ways she’s like me… lacking confidence…” said Yoona. “That is why I understand her. If she left me to save her job because her boss was there… I think I can understand.”

ChangWook is frustrated. How can she just forgive a person like that?!

“You are not angry?” asked ChangWook

“I am… sad. I am… very sad.” Yoona started crying loud. “Why was there no one who liked me in highschool? Why did they all hate me? What did I do to them all? Why did the only person I think was my friend couldn’t stand up for me… why?”

ChangWook felt anger inside him. Those people are rotten.

“But I am not angry. I am just… so so sad… so so sad.” Said Yoona.

ChangWook watched Yoona cry. She pulled her knees up and hid her face.  ChangWook had the urge to pull her close to him but he stopped himself. Right now… he can’t bear touching her. A slight touch may cause problems…that he can’t control… And yet… he wanted to comfort her…

 “Earlier… When I was driving out of the bar… I saw Sunny going back.” Said ChangWook. “I think she might have been looking for you. I guess she decided she can’t abandon you.”

Yoona lifted her face.

“Huh? She did?”

ChangWook nodded.

“Then why didn’t you leave me with her?” asked Yoona.

ChangWook didn’t know the answer either. He could’ve just let Sunny take Yoona home. So why didn’t he?

“I said I was driving already then…  so it would be a bit of a hassle to drag you out of my car.” Said ChangWook. “Besides… I was angry.”

“Angry?” Yoona’s brows furrowed.

“I wanted Sunny to learn her lesson.” Said ChangWook. “Someone who leaves a friend behind just for career… power and money… should never be forgiven.”

Yoona saw the deep anger in ChangWook’s eyes.

“You.. are talking about Sunny right?” asked Yoona. “Or are you talking about someone else? Did a friend abandon you in the past, Mr. Ji?”

ChangWook’s hands clenched to fists.

“No.” said ChangWook. “It was I who abandoned him.”

Yoona could see ChangWook’s hands trembling.

“Who… was it?” asked Yoona.

“My bestfriend.” Said ChangWook. “I abandoned him. And then he killed himself.”

Yoona’s hands closed over .

“I… I will never forget what I did to him. Someone like me who chose power and career over a friend… I should never be forgiven.” Said ChangWook. “That’s why I told you… I am not a good person, Im Yoona.”

Yoona felt her chest aching all over. Ji ChangWook… had gone through that storm in his life and it seems the damage of that storm still lingers in his heart.

That’s why he felt like he was a bad person… That’s why even if he’s successful outside…his heart was miserable.

Yoona touched ChangWook’s trembling hands. ChangWook looked at Yoona’s eyes that showed new tears.

“That friend you abandoned… Do you think he’s angry at you? Do you think he blames you?” asked Yoona.

“He has every right to be angry.” Said ChangWook. “He even took his own life to spite me.”

“I don’t think so.” Said Yoona.

Yoona knelt on the sofa and faced Changwook.

“Just like me… He surely felt sad th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter