The Tale

The Tale Of Christmas
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm getting rusty and I'll admit it. Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you'll have the time to read this! And I do hope you'll enjoy it!

Not edited bla bla jingle bells. 


_________________________________

Author's POV

The warm morning sun shone into huge room and the birds outside chirped loudly. 

A certain girl stirred and slowly opened her eyes. The whole room is pretty white and there was a very strong yet familiar smell that the girl just can't seemed to identify. 

The girl stretched her arms but felt a sharp but tolerable pain from her wrist. Her eyes were opened wide immediately and she finally realised where she was. 

What she picked up from her nose earlier was the smell of a well sanitised hospital ward. 

The girl sat up slowly and realised that she was on IV drip, looking around the girl saw a familiar face by her bed side. 

The big ward only had enough room for 2 patients. The girl stood up weakly and went to the bed beside, sitting down comfortably, the girl planted her lips softly on the unconscious patient. 

"It's time to wake up."

But there was no response. 

Just then the door flung open and in came the doctors. 

"Good morning! I see that you're awake, that's good news. How are you feeling? We'll just do some checks now."

"I'm feeling fine, will she be okay?"

"Yes, it will take a little more time since she's out longer but she would be awake in a few hours time!"

"I see.. Thank you.."

The girl was much relieved to hear some good news and went back to her bed for the nurses to do a standard check on her. 

"Miss, may I have your left arm?" The nurse asked and the girl complied. 

"Do your remember who you are? Can I have your full name?"

"Jiyeon. Park Jiyeon." The girl spoke while turning her head towards the unconscious girl on the other bed, recalling everything that happened which led to this very moment. 


___________________________________

Flashback

Before everything that happens, there's a bigger story to it. There's the past that affects the present. 

Jiyeon was a famous model for photoshoot and she had a very good friend, Park Hyomin who's a famous photographer.

They had been the best of friends since young and when they ended up in the same company, they worked together a lot and from there what was meant to be friendship developed into something more. 

However being the younger one, and more ignorant to subjects such and love and feelings, Jiyeon was not quite committed to the relationship. In fact Jiyeon wasn't the type to be tied down by love. 

And in one day after they got together, this so called relationship went out the window. From friendship with a platonic relationship to love, the two ended up becoming completely strangers. 

___________________________________

Hyomin lay her head down on her desk after long hours of shooting. While everyone is starting to arrive at the company for work, the girl had just knocked off and was about to head home for a good nap. 

Hyomin stood up and head to the pantry to get some coffee and the boss called on her for a meeting in 10 minutes time. 

The girl sipped on her hot beverage quietly when Jiyeon stepped in the pantry to. 

Their eyes met for a few seconds and the both looked away from each other. Things didn't ended well for the two of them back then and it's causing them lots of awkwardness for months. In fact it had been almost a year since they last spoke to one another. 

Hyomin reached out to the cupboard for a packet of biscuits but at the same time Jiyeon was reaching for it too, their hands came into contact but it wasn't before long when they both retracted their hands immediately. 

"You can have it." Hyomin's words was sharp and cold.

Jiyeon wanted to said something but the other girl had already walked off, gone like the wind. 

Jiyeon laughed to herself silently, wondering how everything changed so much. They used to be the best of friends, when they're together, nobody could stop them from not talking. But now, no words were exchanged when ever they met. 

Nothing. 

Jiyeon walked quietly into the room that she was asked to earlier and was surprised to see Hyomin in there too. 

"Quick. Have a sit." The boss said. 

"We received a huge project from a big company in Korea and I'm assigning the best to take this project. So you two will do it together."

"What?" Hyomin shouted immediately. 

"Do it or you're fired. I'll pay you triple to get this done. After all you'll have to sacrifice the Christmas holidays to get this done."

And just like that, with a team of workers, they ended up on a plane to Japan. 

It was just days before Christmas and they have to work, nobody is actually excited about it until they reached the forest up in the mountains where the photoshoot would take place. 

It was a small hidden village, surprisingly the people here have managed to established a town up in the mountains. It was beautiful, there were shops and small buildings around, there's even a fountain!

Everyone in the team was amazed including Hyomin and Jiyeon. After deciding that the team's morale needs some boosting, everyone was given the opportunity to roam around for and hour before meeting again to head to the actual shooting location. 

Others went around to get food and items, Hyomin got her camera and went off to capture some stunning pictures and for Jiyeon the girl sat quietly before a small building that seems to be a cafe. 

"Hello, do you want coffee? Drink?"

"No thank you." Jiyeon replied while her eyes are fixed on her smartphone. 

The girl continued to play with her phone when someone interrupted her once again. 

"Hello-" the person spoke however was cut off immediately by Jiyeon. 

"I said I don't need any dr- oh sorry...." Jiyeon was quick to complain but upon looking up and realising that it was just an old lady from somewhere, Jiyeon apologised immediately. 

"It's alright, may I have a sit?" The old lady spoke calmly. 

"Sure"

"When you're old, you get tired from standing for long hours."

"Ha.. Yes.." Jiyeon replied awkwardly before looking back at her phone. 

"Do you believe in Miracles?" The old lady spoke once again. 

"What? Miracles in December? The song?"

"No. I don't know the stuff you listen to, I live on the mountains. I'm talking about Christmas Miracles."

"No, I don't believe in such stuff."

"Why?"

"No particular reason. I'd believe when it happens on me alright?"

"Deal. But still Ms. Park, when the opportunity comes to make up for your wrongs and do the right thing, don't rely on miracles. You shape your own future."

"What?! How did you know my-" Jiyeon looked up in shock but there was nobody at the table anymore, only a small little ornament left by the old lady. 

Despite being stunned by what the mysterious old lady said, Jiyeon got her stuff quickly and made her way to the water fountain to meet up with the rest of the team. 

Jiyeon got there a little late, and apologised to everyone. The younger girl noticed that Hyomin didn't pay any attention but reviewed her pictures quietly. 

Jiyeon didn't want to admit but she was indeed a little hurt. Yes, Jiyeon did some stuff that would made the older girl mad. But deep down Jiyeon's still a kid at heart, and the person closest to her was Hyomin. Her one and only loving unnie. 

But she lost Hyomin now. And it was as if the younger girl lost everything. 

The whole team boarded a small bus and was transported to a well know cabin located in the forest. The whole building structure was made from wood and when covered in snow, looked beautiful. 

Everyone got their respective rooms and took a quick rest before heading to a nearby open space to start the project photoshoot. 

The location was huge and covered with huge piles of snow and as a result the whole place needs to be tidied up and in the end the shoot got postponed. 

The next day, the team arrived at the shoot location and was once agin amazed by the beauty the place has to offer. 

Hyomin's set up her equipments but got distracted when the nearby commotion caught her attention. 

"Wow.."

"Really a beauty."

"Damn, she's stunning."

"Hey Hey, get back to work." Hyomin stepped in to break the crowd. 

"Hyomin unnie..." Hyomin was about to head back to work but that very soft voice and name caught her up. 

Hyomin halted and turned back slowly. 

"Do I look okay?" Jiyeon spoke softly once again. 

Hyomin turned and saw the younger girl dressed in a stunning wedding gown. And for a second, Hyomin's heart raced again for the second time. 

Jiyeon was beautiful in the dress and Hyomin couldn't lie about it. 

"Err.. Yea.." Hyomin scratched her nape awkwardly and went off without saying more. 

As for Jiyeon, the girl smiles brightly what her unnie just said. 

Throughout the photoshoot, Jiyeon changed into a couple of different dress and as for Hyomin, the girl couldn't hide the obvious fact that she was smitten by the younger girl again and again each time when she viewed Jiyeon through the camera. 

And of course, the cheeky Jiyeon caught onto Hyomin's weakness and didn't fail to exploit it by asking her unnie whether she looked okay whenever a new dress is being put on. 

"Do I look okay?"

"Unnie, am I pretty?"

"Sunyoung- Hyomin unnie is this okay?"

By the end of the photoshoot Hyomin left immediately and told her staff to pack everything up. 

And as for the younger girl, she let out her ahjumma dino laughter when she saw Hyomin running off embarrassingly.  

As Hyomin made her way back to the cabin, she felt somewhat angered and sad at the same time. 

Today was actually the eve of Christmas and it brought back some bad memories of what happened just a year ago. With all that just happened, Hyomin felt as if Jiyeon was mocking her. Mocking her love. 

The truth was, Jiyeon never dared to express her feelings so Hyomin had to be the one to do it. And when the clock strikes 12 on Christmas Eve just a year ago, Hyomin appeared right at Jiyeon's door step declaring to the younger girl how she felt. 

Hyomin remembered their conversation clearly. 

"Hi Jiyeonnie! Today's the eve of Christmas uh? Merry Christmas! I love you!"

"What???!! For real? Sunyoung unnie!Repeat what you said."

"Merry Christmas?"

"No! The other one!"

"Today's the eve of Christmas?"

"Hey!" Jiyeon pouts. 

"Ah, about me saying 'I love you'?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes.. I've always felt that I'm different from other girls, especially when I'm around you. And after all these years, I couldn't hide it from you anymore.. I want to-" Hyomin got cut off when Jiyeon pulled the her into a passionate kiss. 

"You need do work on the declaring love game more unnie! But I'll accept it for now!"

"Ah, I thought it should be more dramatic too."

And with that the two wrap themselves with the other. 

It was a meaningful day for them, it was Christmas and it was also the day that they became official. However, it didn't last long, the very next day Hyomin visited Jiyeon but why she saw was the girl of her life, locking lips with another guy. 

Hyomin was a great baker, she enjoys baking during her free time. The girl baked a basket of Jiyeon's favourite cinnamon cookies and head to her house, in the end those basket of cookies ended up on the ground, broken in to many small pieces. 

Please log in to read the full chapter