fin

Oh, Really?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hirai Momo was living a normal life. A normal one, really. With her perfect family, a happy one to be exact. Her mother showering her with Mother's love along with her father. Of course, as her family was perfect, she herself thought that she should be perfect too. Becoming the top notcher of her school with a outstanding mark, along with her outstanding beauty. Everything was perfect, everything is in their right places as if they were planned in the beginning but beneath this perfect camouflage, every truth uncovers the every little piece of lies that was making the 'Perfect' Momo saw.


As she wakes up in the middle of the night, hearing some shouting across her room which is obviously her parent's room. Being oblivious to the fact of her parents tension, she went in and saw the perfect family she thought she have, shouting on each other and was on each other's throat as she look at her mother with confusion written all over her face with her mother having tears streaming down to its cheeks. And one thing Momo felt. Pain, she hates seeing her mother cry, though it was her first time seeing it with her own eyes.


"What's happening here, Mom? Dad?" Her voice filled with confusion and worry, but no one had answered her except for her mom who had just passed her, hitting her shoulders in the action.


"M-mom!" She shouted, trying to ran after her mother but was stopped by a strong grip on her wrist as she saw her father having its own share of tears in its eyes, looking full of pity into Momo's eyes. But why though? There's nothing to be pity around Momo. Everything was perfect not until her father hugged her and whispered those words that had destroyed her 'Perfect' family.


"Your mom is leaving us, Momo-ah, don't run after her she'll be going to her man" Momo's father said bitterly to her and she stare in dazed. What leaving? Her Mom? How? Why? Who was that man? Why would her mom leave her? Her brain was filled with questions as she didn't know her own tears went out as she engulf herself into the warmth hug her father had given her. But all of her questions were answered when several weeks after that incident, she had seen her mother with a café near at their school, talking happily to a man who was not her father. Being all giddy and such as if she didn't left something behind her which is Momo and her father.


And that is where her thoughts of having 'Perfect Family' had been erased, as she became empty and filled with nothing but sorrow but she didn't showed it. She doesn't want to have that pity look her father had thrown to her from a crowd of strangers who knew nothing about her either about what she really feels. She doesn't need temporary people in her life, neither fake ones.

So she stayed at the top, still the same person of definition of 'Perfect' everybody thought she was. Smiling and laughing at those insincere people who she always needs to across with not because she wanted to involve herself to. As she act and wear a mask to prevent everyone from seeing the real her, except for her father who didn't leave her side not even more for a moment on where she was begging for someone to stay by her side. At least there is someone.


--


But another wave of disgust came to her, as her father brought another woman into their house, not wanting to ruin her father's happiness for Momo knows his father deserve it for what he had been through. But what about her? She doesn't know what answer to give to that question of hers.


"Momo, greet your Auntie Sohee" Heechul said, signalling Momo and she followed obedient-ly, showing how good daughter she is. 


"She's my fiance, Momo-ah" Heechul said waiting for her daughter's approval (which was not needed for Momo's part for she knows her words were invalid and not necessary), and she has only one thing to do. Smile and act like everything was fine. So she nodded making her Father smile and such. Not long after, the wedding was announced, her father's family saying that he had gotten over a (Momo's Mom) saying it in front of Momo while she didn't mind it and just passed a smile like she always does. A fake one.


--


Then the day where her 'new mother' came to their house. Auntie Sohee, or how she calls her suppose to be step-mother was really nice and gentle in fact, to be honest, the older woman treats Momo just like her own daughter, and speaking of daughter, her step-mom had a daughter, which she would call step sister. But she didn't mind it, all she need to do was to act how she was seen. The perfect daughter of the imperfect family. And worst things came to her as she had gotten a sight of her step sister.


With an ombre hair, having its long wavy hair colored by mix of orange red and a little bit of yellow, which was obviously had been dyed, and with its unappropriate clothes along with the said girl chewing gum, didn't even mind bowing to her father which had got her a scold from her step mom. Momo could only scoff, she doesn't need another peasant in her life. Life was already harsh on her and it's just getting cruel​ by adding this girl who seem will be a big trouble to Momo's part. 


But along with those criticism, she noticed that her step sister was a fair beauty, having its own white milky skin just like a tofu, along with its eyes who seem to be chinky, with its defined nose and jaw line along with those pair of luscious lips and don't forget that toned body as well but the fact that the girl seem to be a trouble gets much more better in Momo's part. But since her father was there, she needs to act the 'perfect person' she needs to be.


"Hi, I'm Momo" She said giving her hand to the girl, but the girl had only looked at her before passing her by without even glancing back at her. She composed herself and retreated her hand watching the girl going one of the rooms.


"I'm sorry for her attitude, Momo-ah" Sohee immediately came, and gently pat her back which she just smiled to her before bowing ang going back to her room. So much for politeness- Her mind thought as she shut her door gently making her way towards her bed as a sigh had finally escaped her lips. At long last, she was back into her comfort, the only place where she could released all her stress, like what she was about to do when a knock came into her door making her to groan internally before she put her facade on and opened the door with a smile.


"Dear, come later for the dinner and I have something to discuss with you" His father said smiling to her which she just nodded before closing the door but was stopped by Heechul.


"Thank you for accepting them, Momo-ah" His father said sincerely, hugging her in the process while she tried to fight back her tears as she smiled when her father released her. "I'll be leaving then" She nodded and closed the door before she collapsed slowly as she felt her knees getting weak.

Actress needs a break too. Just like how Momo needs it.

--

Utensils can be heard clanking on the plates, while series of conversation can be shared between only two figures. Heechul and Sohee, soon enough their attention landed to their own respective daughters who was busy digging on their own food, not even sharing glances or so whatever that could lead them to start a conversation between them rather they focused on finishing whatever on their plates so that they could leave their own seat.


"Oh, Momo, remember what I wanted to talk about?" Heechul said and she nodded.


"Well, since Dahyun will transfer to your school, guide her around and she'll be moving to your room, the spa-"


"What?" It came out as shock as it can be, not even letting her own self to stop it. "She'll move to your room, since it'll be much more convenient for the both of you to get to know each other, as well you might help her into her studies" Heechul said while smiling to her daughter. That again. Seeing that smile again, she only nodded her head and began eating again, but now a little slower since she felt a lump on , wanting to shout frustrations.


--


Her step sister moving to her room was done easily, with the help of their maids, as she was reading some of her books for tomorrow when her step sister barged in, not even saying greetings or whatever that could make her be noticed by Momo, the latter just went directly towards the bed, laying comfortably which finally had gotten Momo's attention.


"I wouldn't mind if you're gonna take a bath first" She said, glancing to her sister which was only answered by nothing as the latter closed its eyes, not even bothering to spare an eye to Momo which definitely did its job on getting to Momo's nerve. "Simple words, yet she couldn't even understand" She snickered.


"I can do whatever I can do" Spat the latter to her, while giving her a glare now.


"With Aunty Sohee watching?" She mocked, and her step sister spared her a glare before groaning and standing up, making its way to the bathroom which made Momo to smile in satisfactory but that smile was wipe off when the thought came to her head. That she'll be living with this person for almost forever until she graduated.


"How could everything go wrong?" 


--


"This side is mine. Don't cross it, that side is yours" Of course, they'll be sharing the same bed also, for that's what their father had said so. Share the bed with each other, since Momo that bed is already spacious enough for two people. She tried her best not to grit her teeth in front of her smiling father. She gotta need to smile for her father's sake. That's all that matters to her, even if she needed to trash her own.


"And what if I cross it?" 


"You'll get it jerk" She let her back to face her sister, since in Momo's part, she'll die once she wake up and that person's face will be the one she'll see.


"Good way to reveal your self, Ms. Actress" She didn't respond anymore and tried to get a good sleep.


--


"How's sleep, kids?" Heechul asked happily.


"It was fine, Dad" She smiled to her father while she tried her best not to cut her pancake that strong. 


"I hope she didn't made a mess, Momo-ah" She also smiled to her step-mom as she nodded her head. "Of course, she didn't, right?" Her sister only looked at her with a hint of annoyance all over her face as she heard a low scoff coming from the girl since her step sister was only beside her, and this made easy for her to shut her sister by any means, as she landed her heels on the latter's foot making the girl beside her to winced in pain. "Yeah, right" 


--


"Remember, we don't know each other in school, yo-"


"I don't have a plan on seeing your face at school too, house was already terrifying enough, fake"


"Good theory, jerk" She flashed a smile, which is obviously fake which she always use as she got out of the car first. She has her own car, benefits from being a fake good child. As soon as she made her way towards the hallway, boys started ogling at her, while her friends starts walking with her and the crowd around her asking if she was okay, or how did her day go, which all she answered by a 'Im fine' and 'It was good'. She already memorized those words from being asked by such questions, frequently.


All she needs now was to use her smile which always go unnoticed by her friends and this crowd of people. 


They are much more worst than Momo is.


--


Even if Momo was already at her seat, her smile still needs to be shown for people will still crowd her, and ask her several questions which she had already memorized the words to answer in terms of being a perfect person they thought she was in the school and she thank god she had no one in this school who might expose her, not until this certain person came.


"I'm Kim Dahyun, nice to meet you" She could only watch with her horrified expression but put her facade in split of seconds.


"Anything about yourself, Ms. Kim?" The Prof asked.


"I have an allergy"


"To what?"


"People, specially the fake ones" As those words escaped from , her eyes landed on a specific person before she focused it again to her new classmates who had gone silence to her answer as well, as for her prof who only could do a cough before telling the girl to go at her seat, at the back row.


Now, I'm literally doomed- She thought in her head, before her hand slowly went clenching under her table.


--


After that introduction, the news of having a new transferee spread like a wildfire, with the fact that the transfer kid had a looks and a dying body for, but Momo didn't gave it a care for she'll see that transfer kid once she got home. She'll definitely give that kid a piece of one or two things but for now she needs to get to the Student Council room, for she was the obvious President of it, as she needs to finished the paper docs she's currently dealing with.


This is where Momo can finally sigh, as everyone had already left the school grounds, as she can be alone and let her face be in its expression she wants. Let her pain and agony be in its freedom, as it shows onto her face, while several sighs escapes her lips. But this is making Momo to feel a little bit better, at least she could be in her own self while she's at this confined room.


Other than her own room, this is where she can be herself, but now, excluding her room since her sister is there and she had already shown some of her part to her annoying sister, which is already enough. She doesn't need more people butting to her life. Having too much people will only lead her to be hurt again just like how her Mom did it to her. She closed her eyes enjoying the silence ambiance unaware of one's existence who was watching her from afar.

--

Time had passed in a blink of eye but unlike to Momo's planned years, this one was definitely not good for her, she can't say that it was going well unlike in the past for a certain person had became her source of headache in the name and form of Kim Dahyun and sad to say, this headache doesn't had a cure nor a medicine. As the younger kept making troubles for Momo just like today as Momo was the Student Council head and needs to act for it.


"Okay, Ms. Kim we have talked about this, right?" She said exasperatedly while shoving a glare towards the latter's direction.


"I don't remember"


"Again, vandalizing is not allowed" Momo said through her breaths, she's on her tip but she needs to longer her nowhere temper.


"Vandalizing? What is that?" Okay, that's it.


"Please leave us for awhile, Ms. Im. I need to talk privately with this person" The said person nodded its head, going through those doors and as soon as she heard the faint click sound, she slammed her hand to her table as she gritted her teeth to Dahyun who was showing an amused expression. She knows she needs to be calm but she can't take it anymore. This girl is making her nuts.


"What is your problem?!"


"I don't have one, maybe you have"


"You don't have one?! Then stop doing this things! Can't you at least act a little more of ladylike?!"


"Then become like you? Who had done nothing but to be a fake and act all through everything? No thanks, I rather stay like a trouble. At least I know where I stand"


"Don't talk as if you kn-"


"Then let me know" That caught her off guard. All she can see is Dahyun's eyes with full determination but her fears crawled back to her skin. She'll leave. Everyone does. See your Father? He also left you, and took another family. So don't trust anyone. Momo, you'll only get hurt. The back of her head says and for herself that is what she needs to believe.


"I don't need to. Get out here, Ms. Kim. And I hope I won't see you again in this room" Momo said coldly.


"Great. You're screaming for help yet you won't let anyone to help you" She watch as Dahyun left the room while she gritted her teeth as her tears slowly stream down as she falls to her seat.


She was right after all.

--

After that heated conversation they had, Dahyun had became worst on rules, disobeying all of it and giving much more hassle to Momo's work since the festival of their school was coming right up the corner and Dahyun couldn't be any more of a jerk as the latter keeps doing things making Momo to be stress the hell out of it, as she took things to their home, pulling Dahyun into their room as she locked it with anger clearly evident in her face.


"What the fck is your problem?! Don't you get tired doing this things?!"


"How about you? Don't you get tired from pretending?"


"This is not about me, Dahyun!"


"It is" She ruffled her hair. Frustration is getting to her.


"Why do you keep getting me involve?! Whatever pain I am bearing is out of this! This is not about me! This is about you doing such unappropriate things and keep bringing me troubles that you should stop because it keeps messing everything! And even if I was going through things it was none of your business! So don't act like you know everything when you don't even know anything!" Her outburst. It was only a little of it. There's more but she doesn't need to say all of it. It's much better if she'll keep it to herself just like how she always do. But the next thing she knew, was Dahyun's hands on her face, gently caressing her cheeks as if tears were there while a sudden warmth had entered her body from Dahyun's palms while tears were really streaming down to her face.


"Everything was already messed up" She looked horrified to Dahyun's eyes. She let her emotions out when she wasn't suppose to. She shouldn't have cried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter