Prologue

Masked
There weren't many people at hangang river today, just few couples strolling and cycling while chatting to each others. unlike usual where a wave of people would have gathered around here everyday since this is a hot spot for tourists, couple and family. 
 
At the far end, a beautiful girl, wrapped up in a brown oversized warm coat, sitting on the bench while enjoying various shades of yellow and red fallen leaves floating and flew past in a whirl of motion. Just like what she felt at the moment. Well, she's about to do something against the cultural tradition where she will pop the question to his boyfriend. It had been a month since she'd figured out that she's more than ready to marry the love of her life and took an initiative since his boyfriend of 3 years doesn't looked like he wanted to settle down any sooner. So, she did research on how to propose to her boyfriend through google of course and asking around who had the same experience as her. She even found the perfect place, Hangang river, their favourite spot to hang out. But now, as the time ticking nearer, she's getting restless, no longer had the confident to keep going as she fiddled with her bag on her lap, hoping she won't messed up everything that she had plan for weeks. When she thought nothing could go wrong, she was wrong. Suddenly, the harsh cold wind blew her black long hair all over the place, messing her hair up where she spent almost 1 hour in saloon to get it done. She sighed as she reached up and tucked her hair behind her ear. Suddenly, she felt a warm body pressed to hers, hugging her from behind and a kiss landed on her cheek.
 
"Sorry. I'm late. There's a pile of works waiting for me just now. What are you doing outside in this cold weather?" He asked while gently her cold hands, feeling worried that she might catch cold later.
 
"Just enjoying the beauty of autumn and it reminds me of you - and us." She was testing the waters.
 
"Me? Autumn and me don't sound convincing..at all" as he moved and sat beside her, so closed that he might heard her raging heartbeat.
 
"It's called metaphor, Jae" he just nodded and intertwining their hands while looking at the few couple walked past them.
 
"Jae" he hummed in response as he fixed his gaze on her.
 
"I..will you..mmm..marry" her mind went blank, all of her scripted dialogue that she had practice for weeks slipped her mind. She blinked her eyes few times, trying to remember everything that she had planned but none of it worked. Instead, she just staring at her boyfriend with a trembling lip. 
 
"Hold on..are you trying to propose to me right now?" She looked down on her lap, quivering so much from the cold and nervousness that she barely nodded. He, on the other hand was taken aback because the girl he knew was a shy and reserved person, who loved to stay inside her comfort zone. Never crossed his mind that she was braved enough to go against the norm. Then, he slowly stood up, eyes remain glued on her face before walked away, leaving her behind in confusion.
 
"Great. Now, everything screw up!" She let out a sigh as tears rolled down her cheeks.
 
Few minutes had passed, but still no sign of her boyfriend coming back to her. She was about to call him before saw him walked towards her, hands inside his pocket with unreadable face plastered on his face. Her heart was thumping wildly as he getting near, afraid of another rejection coming from him when she just barely survived from the first one.
 
"Baby-" he fixed his gaze at her girlfriend, mouth opened and closed few times as he tried to utter words that he had practiced for a week but for some reason, the words refused to exit his mouth. Everything turned silent as no one said a word. After a while, he cleared his throat and gathered all the courage to start again. Now or never.
 
"Do you still remember the first time we bumped into each other 3 years ago and you gave me the cold shoulder when I tried to talk to you. I've never seen someone as beautiful as you and right at that moment, I wanted to make you mine and spend the rest of my life with you. But of course you made it hard for me at the beginning." A smile formed on his face as he reminiscing their first meeting.
 
"You were staring at me intently. How can I not freak out." She tried to defend herself and a giggle can be heard coming from his boyfriend.
 
"When you asked me just now, I would love to say yes but my pride won't let me. So..let me do the talk. Ahn Sohee, will you marry me?" he spoke as he got down on one knee and brought her attention back to him. He then took out a small black box from his pocket, opened the box, revealing a beautiful Tiffany &Co. diamond ring. Once she saw the beautiful ring, her mind went blank. She covered with one hand and her eyes welled up with tears again, threaten to fall down her cheeks.
 
"Yes." she held out her finger and he slipped the ring upon it in one swift motion. He then stood up and pulled her into a tight embrace.
 
"Thank you..and I love you." He muttered and her sobbing getting louder, taking him by surprise.
 
"Hey, what's wrong?" He cupped her face gently and guiding her to look at him.
 
"I'm too happy because I thought you will leave me alone just now" she spoke between sobs, cheeks were drenched with tears and her nose turned bright red - post crying effect and yet she still looks gorgeous.
 
"Hell no I would do that. I spent the whole week, squeezing my brain out to come out with perfect proposal before certain someone ruin my chance... Oh God, baby. You're so beautiful." He wasted no time as he pressed his lip on hers and time seems to have frozen for them at that particular moment.
 

A/N: 

After much difficulties, finally I'm done with prologue and sorry for taking a long time to update. Well, I need to do my own research to write this proposal scene even though it lacks a lot. LOL

Constructive criticisms are very much welcomed for me to improved myself. :)

For now, please enjoy~