Chapter One

For me, It's you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little reminder, English is not my mother tongue so be nice

 

Chapter One- A real life drama?

 

Kim Hyemi

I like music; the harmony, the sounds and the amount of peace that ones get while listening to it is beyond words. My name is Kim Hyemi; people call me the queen of music. I’m currently in my junior year and my main alternative course in studying is music. I play a lot of instruments and I have to say, I am really good at it.

 

Lol, just kidding.

 

“Kim Hyemi”

“Yeah!” I abruptly stand up from my sit and went to her, however; her expression is very dull

 “Failed,” She lifts her head up to meet my eyes full on and I have to say, it was the iciest glare that I could ever see in my entire life. “Are you sure you wanna continue with Music?”

“It’s my passion” I assure but she rolls her eyes instead. “You said that for almost every single time you receive your failed paper”

“It’s because I only play music, I don’t like paper test” Then I realized; I just said something that I shouldn’t say. “Go and tell your dad to build a school like that for you,”

I give her my sheepish smile and she roll her eyes once again, “Now go back to your seat”

       “Let me guess,” Baekmi sang as I sat myself next to her. “It’s a fail” her tone was rather mocking than sympathy.

I understand.

“No, it’s a PASS” I remark sarcastically before covering my whole face with my palm.

“You’re sad about that?” She factually asks like this is not bothering me much, well which is true, but… yeah. “Do I look like one?”

Baekmi shrugged her shoulder, “How about street food after school?”

 

“Please give us another serving, Ma’am!” Baekmi shouts causing the other customer looking at us weirdly probably thinking how rude teenagers nowadays. I know, my mom look at students like that. She often complains about their behaviour to me as if I give them rice to eat but that is how the elders are.

“Will you be joining the match with Serom High?” Baekmi asks between munches.

“Probably yes, probably no” I respond while looking at the cheese dripping from my chopstick. “Your name is on the list,”

I frown, “My name?”

“No, his name” She pointed at the bald elder behind us with her chopstick. “Cool, wanna ask him?” I snap back and finally Baekmi put down her chopstick. “You’re paying for this”

“Okay, okay…,”

Baekmi take her chopstick back before shoving another piece of meat into . “Who the hell would write my name? I don’t play sport man” I whined but Baekmi ignore me.

“Do you know who write down my name?”

“I have no idea,” She stops munching and put her chopstick down. “But, I think it’s Kim Mijeon” She added.

I tilt my head to the side quizzically. “Kim Mijeon? I haven’t heard of him though”

“He’s our senior man, what are you doing in your school years”

 

♥♥♥

 

“Mom! I’m homed” I untie my shoelace before kicking my feet in the air. Surprisingly, the shoes went to it place and I couldn’t be more than proud. Someone should’ve record what I’m doing before.

I see no one in the living room which is reasonable since our family usually loiter in the living when it’s night time.

“Hyemi-ah, come here for a while” I stop my track from getting upstairs and went to the kitchen instead. The aroma of fresh pudding is lingering in the kitchen but I’m full so I’ll save it for tonight.

“Yes my beautiful mama” I joked in my Spanish accent. “How’s school?”

“Good?” It was supposed to be an answer but it comes out as a question since I am not expecting mom asking me how’s my school.

That’s weird.

“I got a call from your Aunt this morning,” She mixed the cookie dough and it looks very satisfying. “She says that you failed your Music test, again”

“It’s because I don’t like answering paper test, I only play with music” I said softly and polite as I can. I mean how do they expect us to remember the composer of each song, music, notes, history and all? I’m good with memorizing but, studying music in a paper is harder than history.

That’s not an excuse, it’s a fact.

“We’re worried about your future, Hyemi-ah” Now, my mom is facing me with worries written on her face. “Are you sure you’re going to pursue more in Music?”

I swallow my saliva as I look down annoyingly. It’s like they’re trying to bring me down. “It’s my passion, mom”

“We have planned something for you,” I lift my head up. “But, your Aunt tell me that your school will be having a match against another school,” She adds before continuing on her dough. “I don’t want to rush thing, but I hope you can cooperate with us.”

 

♥♥♥

 

“Good morning Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Serom High, I would like to say thank you so much for being here and we expect a lot of fun today as we have YGK+ Academy with us, not to forget, Kent Foreign High School, SOPA High and more. Thank you once again for participating in our sports day”

 

“Ah, it’s so hot!” I heard a girl whining next to me while fanning herself with her mini electronical fan. Some of them were eating, chatting and even taking pictures of girls. I pressed my lips together as I try to search for my group member.

This is all Kim Mijeon’s faults; I don’t even know what I am doing here but one thing for sure, I wanna go home.

“Yah, Hyemi-ah!” I turn to my side as I heard my name but only to see the girl next to me waving to a guy wearing white, it’s not me that he calls. I guess I am not the only one with this name.

Where are they!

It’s started to get crowded as there are a lot more students joining their activities. The longer it gets, the hotter it is. I feel cranky now but my group member is nowhere to be seen.

After wandering for almost 15 minutes, I found a food stall located not far away from the field so I guess…

“Please give me one more cup of Spicy Rice Cake” I ordered happily while holding my fish cake on my right hand.

“OPPA!!” I jumped from the shriek but thankfully my food didn’t fall from my grip. Closing my eyes as I feel irritated, I exhale some fresh oxygen.

HELL THAT WAS SHOCKING MAN!

I turn around from the food stall and saw a group of guys walking together. Why do they scream? I look around perplexedly and see that their expression is very delightful and excited so I look up to the boys and started to wonder.

“Look at them, so handsome!”

“I swear if YGK+ didn’t win today I’ll drop out of this ty school”

YGK+?

“Ah” It was inaudible as I was truly shocked. YGK+ is really famous among the students in our school and I bet they’r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter