The Other Piece

The Other Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae open his eyes slowly as a rush of sunshine crept through the windows.

He woke up at a different place again. As usual.

And he can’t remember what happened last night, as usual.

He takes a seat on the bed—he doesn’t even know whose bed is this, and realized that there’s a broken bouquet of roses beside him.

He stares around the room. It was messy. Everything in that room is ruined, except for the bed where he is sleeping at.

‘Eunhyuk’ he thought. ‘It must be him’

He stands up only to find a piece of paper on top of a table.

‘I hate you’ written neatly in a handwriting identical to his own handwritings. ‘Why must I be you?’

He laughs bitterly as he read the writer’s name below. ‘Eunhyuk’.

No wonder the writing looks just like his. In fact, it really is his own handwritings.

He grabs the bouquet of flower and threw it away.

Eunhyuk. Lee Eunhyuk.

Someone he doesn’t even know how he looks like, someone he doesn’t even know if he really exist or not, someone he never met, but somehow always find a way to communicate with him.

Disassociate Identity Disorder.

That’s what his doctor told him when he talked about Eunhyuk.

He said that Eunhyuk is the exact opposite of him. If he’s the weak nice guy, then Eunhyuk was exactly the strong bad guy. He could do anything he wants, and no one can stop him.

The funny thing was that Donghae didn’t even know that Eunhyuk lives in him. That Eunhyuk exists.

Until he wake up, finding a girl next to him, saying that she loves him, and that she’s his girlfriend.

Donghae was upset, of course. He pushed her away. And the next thing happened is that Eunhyuk took over his body, doing things he doesn’t even know what. And left him a note, exactly just like today’s.

The difference is, instead of I hate you, it’s written like this: ‘Lee Donghae, right? Nice to meet you. I’m Lee Eunhyuk’ the note said. And under the note, written ‘don’t disturb me if you don’t want me to ruin your pathetic life’.

He was about to leave the room when suddenly a terrible headache hit him.

This is what he hated about Eunhyuk. The more he hated him, the more he think of him, the more he got mad because of him.

That’s the more he become real.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Eunhyuk slowly open his eyes as the headache slowly reduces.

He had succesfully take control of Donghae’s body. Again.

He stands up and faced a mirror in front of him.

As usual, Donghae’s face appears.

Eunhyuk needs to admit, Donghae looks beyond average. He’s something he would call handsome. He has a dark brown hair, and his dark eyes that always looked sad.

But not when Eunhyuk is in charge. Instead, those eyes looked mean and scary, as if ready to kill everyone who messed with him.

He dug his hands on Donghae’s coat pocket only to find a ring.

He still remember last night.

He tried to explain everything to that girl. The girl he loves. But she wouldn’t listen.

She threw away the ring he gave her, and even the bouquet of roses she usually loved.

“This is all because of you” he said towards the mirror through his gritted teeth. “If only I don’t have to share with you. If only you don’t have to take over back then” he adds. He picked a piece of broken lamp on the floor and clenched it in his fist. It hurts. But he knows, the more it hurts for him, that means the more it hurts for Donghae too. “None of this would happen”

He wears his—Donghae’s coat and walked out of the hotel room.

He doesn’t care how much he needs to pay for the damage he created.

However, Donghae’s the one who pays.


~~~***~~~


“What do you want, Eunhyuk?” Ask a girl when she saw him in front of her door. “Or should I call you… Donghae?” She asks sarcastically.

Eunhyuk stares at her. She’s still as beautiful as ever. As beautiful as when she first met him. And still as beautiful as before Donghae ruined everything.”Se Jin, please. I can explain”

“What are you going to explain?” The girl—Kim Se Jin asks. “I don’t even know who you are right now. Are you really Eunhyuk?”

“I’m Eunhyuk”

“I don’t even know whether I should believe you or not” Se Jin said. Her voice trembled. “Firstly, you told me that you love me”

“I do. I really love you”

“But you never t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter